Recent Topics

Ads

Min. Scenario ReKnown Reward Debate

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Do you want a fix base min. Scenario-Reknown-Reward for all active players who lost the match?

Yes - Spending Time and Effort is worth it!
54%
No - If you loose - you dont deserve any reward!
41%
Dunno - ?? Not sure.
5%
Total votes: 85

zulnam

Re: Min. Scenario ReKnown Reward Debate

Post#41 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:21 pm

Ok lets get one thing out there: why is everyone calling it ReKnown instead of renown? Is that what the cool kids are saying these days on the street? Or is it because it has a connotation to getting wrecked? Because if so, you are already starting with a defeatist attitude. How do you expect to win when you add losing in your own vocabulary?

Flowson wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:21 pm thats why winners are getting more rewards than losers. This Thread is about discussing options to grant a min.fix base reknown reward for those participated and lost. Its not about taking rewards off the wining team. Thats why winners will still get more reknown by the end of the day. This thread is about options to increase SC participation to gain progress, even if you loose - but win expierence & reknown for trying!

But what I have been trying to say over and over again in this thread, without success, is that you do get rewarded for losing. Even if you lose 500-0 you get one medal (or 2, maybe even 3 if you had one or more Top titles in your team), along with a bare minimum of of XP and Renown. Two years ago you got literally nothing. No medal, no Renown. That's one medal for a 5 minute scenario max, 3 of which have probably been spent in the base running around because more often than not people give up after the 2nd or 3rd fight (understandably so in some cases, I'll admit)

But wait, there's more! Not every match you play is a 500-0 lose. And for every extra points your team loses with, you get more medals. So if you lost 500-400 you can even get 5 medals. This is good since it rewards trying and putting in the effort, even if you lose.

Flowson wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:21 pm therefore, to all critics out there, take care of your "loosers", you might become one of them in the future if we dont make adjustments to the current system.

I have been a loser. You know what I did? Took it as is, learned, improved, adapted. I understood that if you want to win, you have to put in the effort. If you only have 1 hour to play, you cannot expect to be rewarded with riches. You must be willing to accept rags.
I learned to group up, even start my own groups, I learned to avoid fights and go for flags, to flank enemies, to Main Assist even when i'm in a pug. To use the spec that will help my team.
And when I only have time for a few matches, I learned to take it as is: good or bad. If i win great, if I lose that's life. I don't come on the forums complaining about how unfair it is that in my 1 hour of playtime I was not rewarded as close as someone who put in 3 hours.

When the Praag event happend two weekends ago and people created another complain thread about how losing is bad, I decided to share my knowledge and help players better themselves. I formed an expansive list of tips and tricks to help complete the event. I knew what I was talking about: i completed it on 7 characters in 3 days, in T2-T4 ranks and all roles, in groups and solo. That list is still there. Go read it; learn from it. For most scenarios (even KotH types) it is still appicable. I know a lot of people didn't read it; because the complaining went on.

But I grow weary of this subject. Obviously there is a pool of players that disagrees with me and I with them, no matter how much we talk.

There is a special, subtle, irony in this whole situation: people not willing to put in the effort to win scenarios, asking other people who are keeping a complex software product alive out of their sheer willpower and passion, to put in the extra work to make it a bit easier for them to get stuff in a game that's already free.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
Wiede

Post#42 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:09 pm

How about a buff that stacks up over multiple lost SC in a row, let's call it "braveheart".

You get 5% extra renown per lost scenario in a row, stacking up to 50% extra renown (and exp for the altoholics) for your first won scenario.
Should probably be reset to 0% with logout or kept within relogs/logins to the same character.

There's no free renown cause you have to win a scenario to collect your tendies but it gives you a reason to play through multiple losses in a row. Numbers surely need to be tested/tweaked ofc.

@posts above: sure you get rewards for participating but we all know the moment you hate this game cause you get permanently **** e.g. by matchmaking.
Yesterday i had 16 scenarios in a row where we startet with 40-50% fewer players: always 5vs8, 7vs10. People for sure joined later but mostly the round is over by then with a 300:12. Wasn't a fun afternoon and there was nothing or hardly anything we (or i for myself) could do about it.

@all: you can hide behind your "git gud"- or "l2p"-attitude but it will not help the game about scenarios dying more and more :/

Flowson
Game Artist

Post#43 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:33 am

@zulnam,

i apriciate your efforts of help by increasinge player skills. Never the less some matches arent lost because of skill. they are lost because of matchmakeing, gear and "coincidences".
As said above, we dont want this to be seen as a free reward. This base reward is a tool of progress to enable people getting better gear and renown.

@Wiede
Yesterday i had 16 scenarios in a row where we startet with 40-50% fewer players: always 5vs8, 7vs10. People for sure joined later but mostly the round is over by then with a 300:12. Wasn't a fun afternoon and there was nothing or hardly anything we (or i for myself) could do about it.
totally agree. The BaseReknown increase, would have been a compensation for the efforts.

@all

The changes of codeing would be as simple as:
(fix base reward)+(current renown system mechanism) = total renown reward per match.

Akalukz

Post#44 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:10 am

mayber tie it to scenario type, King of the hill fights should probably reward losers more. Say Caledor Woods vs Ekrund. Ekrund, you can still get points against a premade usually. Caledor Woods not so much.
-= Agony =-

Duukar

Post#45 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:21 am

Wiede wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:09 pm How about a buff that stacks up over multiple lost SC in a row, let's call it "braveheart".

You get 5% extra renown per lost scenario in a row, stacking up to 50% extra renown (and exp for the altoholics) for your first won scenario.
Should probably be reset to 0% with logout or kept within relogs/logins to the same character.

There's no free renown cause you have to win a scenario to collect your tendies but it gives you a reason to play through multiple losses in a row. Numbers surely need to be tested/tweaked ofc.

@posts above: sure you get rewards for participating but we all know the moment you hate this game cause you get permanently **** e.g. by matchmaking.

@all: you can hide behind your "git gud"- or "l2p"-attitude but it will not help the game about scenarios dying more and more :/
This is actually a really great idea!

Duukar

Post#46 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:47 am

zulnam wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:21 pm Ok lets get one thing out there: why is everyone calling it ReKnown instead of renown? Is that what the cool kids are saying these days on the street? Or is it because it has a connotation to getting wrecked? Because if so, you are already starting with a defeatist attitude. How do you expect to win when you add losing in your own vocabulary?

Flowson wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:21 pm thats why winners are getting more rewards than losers. This Thread is about discussing options to grant a min.fix base reknown reward for those participated and lost. Its not about taking rewards off the wining team. Thats why winners will still get more reknown by the end of the day. This thread is about options to increase SC participation to gain progress, even if you loose - but win expierence & reknown for trying!

But what I have been trying to say over and over again in this thread, without success, is that you do get rewarded for losing. Even if you lose 500-0 you get one medal (or 2, maybe even 3 if you had one or more Top titles in your team), along with a bare minimum of of XP and Renown. Two years ago you got literally nothing. No medal, no Renown. That's one medal for a 5 minute scenario max, 3 of which have probably been spent in the base running around because more often than not people give up after the 2nd or 3rd fight (understandably so in some cases, I'll admit)

But wait, there's more! Not every match you play is a 500-0 lose. And for every extra points your team loses with, you get more medals. So if you lost 500-400 you can even get 5 medals. This is good since it rewards trying and putting in the effort, even if you lose.

Flowson wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:21 pm therefore, to all critics out there, take care of your "loosers", you might become one of them in the future if we dont make adjustments to the current system.

I have been a loser. You know what I did? Took it as is, learned, improved, adapted. I understood that if you want to win, you have to put in the effort. If you only have 1 hour to play, you cannot expect to be rewarded with riches. You must be willing to accept rags.
I learned to group up, even start my own groups, I learned to avoid fights and go for flags, to flank enemies, to Main Assist even when i'm in a pug. To use the spec that will help my team.
And when I only have time for a few matches, I learned to take it as is: good or bad. If i win great, if I lose that's life. I don't come on the forums complaining about how unfair it is that in my 1 hour of playtime I was not rewarded as close as someone who put in 3 hours.

When the Praag event happend two weekends ago and people created another complain thread about how losing is bad, I decided to share my knowledge and help players better themselves. I formed an expansive list of tips and tricks to help complete the event. I knew what I was talking about: i completed it on 7 characters in 3 days, in T2-T4 ranks and all roles, in groups and solo. That list is still there. Go read it; learn from it. For most scenarios (even KotH types) it is still appicable. I know a lot of people didn't read it; because the complaining went on.

But I grow weary of this subject. Obviously there is a pool of players that disagrees with me and I with them, no matter how much we talk.

There is a special, subtle, irony in this whole situation: people not willing to put in the effort to win scenarios, asking other people who are keeping a complex software product alive out of their sheer willpower and passion, to put in the extra work to make it a bit easier for them to get stuff in a game that's already free.
It’s really classy that you turned a topic which really mostly affects new players joining WAR into a thread where you brag on and on about how great you are. Wow.....

We funnel new players into SCs as the only real method of XPing to 40 and then punish them HARD for losing. They will lose, a lot.

How many players who could be good do you think see this toxic **** and turn right back around and leave? These players would be better served with a quicker route to 40 and war band play. No one is happy when the population doesn’t grow.

lyncher12

Post#47 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:41 pm

if you dont like losing, make a group. sorry you shouldnt be rewarded for playing a rdps and padding damage in a sc when you are the problem.

Meliannia

Post#48 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:18 pm

weekend event scen is YET AGAIN destro bias King of the hill, (Isha gardens)
yet again only king of the hill is a scen where losing team get stomped and get zero renown lose 500--0, 47-0 over and over

yet again, the other scens are fine for losers as losing team scores 270 to 470 for efforts eg multiple base scens

only problem with this game is king of the hill scen where losers get annihilated and score zero for 10mins wasted time.

yet again this weekend destro will complete event in1 hr order will be 3 days or never.

up the loser reward for king of the hill only, rest of the scens are fine as paint.

Ads