Recent Topics

Ads

Old Career builder website

Let's talk about... everything else
footpatrol2

Old Career builder website

Post#1 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:42 pm

Hey so where is the old WAR career/renown builder website?

Anyway I can get access to that?

Ads
Skullgrin

Re: Old Career builder website

Post#2 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:23 pm

The one everyone used when RoR first started was shut down a couple of years ago. However there is a career builder linked up in the bar at the top of this forum that they update with all the various class changes. They also added a Renown ability calculator to it a while back, which was a nice addition. builder.returnofreckoning.com is the address if you don't find it up top for some reason.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

footpatrol2

Post#3 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:19 am

ya was hoping for the older version. I like to look at the differences on what RoR has done to what was originally there.

How accurate is the RoR career builder? I remember it being very out of date most of the time.

Skullgrin

Post#4 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:32 am

It shows that it was last updated on Dec. 3 2020, so it is not too out of date. that's something else they added to it which is nice, an update notice at the bottom of the screen for each class.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Sinisterror

Post#5 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:19 am

https://web.archive.org/web/20080912233 ... aspx?id=22 Is this what you are looking for ? That's witch elf 2008
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

footpatrol2

Post#6 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:58 am

Wow it even has the racial morale gain tactics. This is great thanks.

Sinisterror

Post#7 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:10 am

footpatrol2 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:58 am Wow it even has the racial morale gain tactics. This is great thanks.
https://web.archive.org/web/20081205050 ... 0:0:0:0:25 You can change class by changing career number which in this case is 10 = kotbs.

https://web.archive.org/web/20090826042 ... .aspx?id=9 here is 2009 version. I havent gotten anything after 2009 to work on that site but it is very interesting to see what classes used to have=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Stophy22

Post#8 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:12 am

Holy ****, growing instability back in live :shock:
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#9 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:24 am

Check out Magus: indigo fire of change in changing tree. I remember this and it was really fun/cool in my opinion.

Sinisterror

Post#10 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:04 am

Imo some of these abilities should maybe make a comeback;) looking original witch elf Sharpened edge tactic " Frenzies will reduce enemy's armour by 75 % for 3 seconds" Vs Sharpened edge now " anytime enemy parries your attack you will do small dmg to them, can occur only every 2 seconds "

Im not saying bring back old sharpened edge but something between those 2 : D Look, welf had aoe knocdown, witchbrew was aoe : D tactic that suffering abilities will reduce outgoing heals by 75 %. Those all are very very good : D But elixir of blades, would love that back, also 100 % armour reduce on elixir of insane power as well.

Man now that im looking these things and thinking, im kind of dreaming about so many classes and abilities <3 Yeah first version of growing instability had 20 % + critical dmg for every 10 % health you had. SO with 10 % health left, you had 180 % Critical dmg : D Also before choppa was released, orc racial tactic was 50 % + critical dmg. So there was black orcs with 50 % crit dmg tactic : D Dok and BW had morale 2 that did 600 aoe dmg and 5 second knockdown at the same time : D Old Phantoms blade should really be brought back as well " All your melee attacks have 25 % chance to gain 220 absorb shield for 10 seconds " <3

EDIT! This is the biggest needs to be brought back, zealot's harbinger of doom with transference tactic, when this was changed it really killed all dps zealots forever, much more than nerfing aoe heal debuff on ror.
Harbinger was original and unique thing and everytime we lose something unique in pvp game its always disappointing.
Last edited by Sinisterror on Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.