Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario balance

Let's talk about... everything else
messerjockel

Scenario balance

Post#1 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:23 am

Hello Devs,

Can you check if anything happened to the scenario matchup lately?
I am participating lately quite often in imbalanced.
Quite a lot the other side has much more player and therefore wins the scenario or ramps up points and you can believe me, it is no fun if you loose because the other side has 3 or more players than you.
Compared to a month ago, the amount of scenarios ending imbalanced increased big time.
It happened also quite often when the other team is point wise quiet ahead and than more new player are ported in in the last seconds of the scenario.

BR
Messerjockel

Ads
Sever1n

Re: Scenario balance

Post#2 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:02 am

Current state of sc often have unbalanced teams, +1,2,3 players on destro side, start sc without tanks, healers, and other tox thing. Add to that premade nooblording, 35+potion rr farmers and u have complete zero fun waste of time, that only orient newbies to reroll destro/delete game. Why devs concerned about new sc if old ones are complete mess? Hard reform all sc system plz. Add new tier for 16-30, made fair numbers without +1-3, delete that toxic potion that have only 1 purpose ingame - suck life from low lvl bad geared players for rr. Make start of sc atleast if team have 1 tank and heal, 3bw and 3hat teams is a bad joke.

Sofong

Post#3 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:55 am

if they make perfect balanced grp to pop there will be no pop at all.

Fixxer

Post#4 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:00 am

With the patch last night 9/10 scenarios i did were very balanced give or take (+)(-) 1 class type. I was very happy. I do play during EU prime time thoguht and population is a bit different from NA. I will see again how my Sc goes tonight during Warfront.

MagnarBuckethead

Post#5 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:19 am

the balance is quite strange, but I guess by taking into account that most people play dps or something.

I kid you not, yesterday night, with my WH I joined a scenario where there was no tank in our team, just two healers a wide bunch of BW and a few other dps
I do not know how, but we manage to dominate the early game, then we started losing the objective a bit too much, but we could have won ! It was with the explosive keg thingy.

I was surprised I could actually perform very well, I barely noticed my hp bar dropping. My overall dps and objective contribution was good, so either my healer was doing an amazing job, or enemies were not targeting me (which would surprise me as a WH with no tank).
I guess this must also be due to the huge amount of fire from the BW :o (we can say that they really were on fire in this scenario).

I agree that the balance is a bit wonky, but I kinda think it is to be expected in a private server. Solo Q in SC can be a nightmare, I shall just hop my friends and get a team.

But I think people could appreciate it better if there was a balanced team required to start the SC (1 tank, 1 healer and 2-3dps min?) but that would increase Queuing time.
If so, then the question could be: would you lads be more willing to wait 5-10 min longer for an sc and get a decently balanced team or keep it a bit that way? (making matchmaking at the bare req of having a tank and a healer or smth).

Also: do people do RoR while Queueing for SC?

Sulorie

Post#6 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:27 am

The less wait time the better. If you want to ensure balance, build groups.
An info about how many of a certain archetype are in queue, similar to ranked sc, would be helpful. Then people can make an informed decision of what class to pick.
Dying is no option.

dalen
Developer

Post#7 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:39 am

when the scenarios pops they will have somewhat balanced setups and equal numbers on both sides.

But sometimes 3 players on one side decline the pop but all players on other side take it. So instead of 8 vs 8 at start it is suddenly 5 vs 8.

It will try to fill those spots, but that depends on players queuing up, and accepting the scenario invitations.
Source Developer

messerjockel

Post#8 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:49 am

Just happened. Order starts with 6 dps, destro somewhat balanced with tanks and healer. After a minute they got 3 new player, now 6 vs 9. Finally when destro was ahead 170 points destro and order got more player to balance it. Scenario was for sure lost for order.

BR
Messerjockel

Ads
Alstragon

Post#9 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:22 pm

I joined an SC with my 6man,in T2-3, we had 2 other pugs and we fought 12 people three Scenarios in a row. Why is this so broken? When they said they fixed it, it ended up just ruining the balancing?

sjemen

Post#10 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:10 am

it's been horrible for the last 2 days
shmemsy 82 IB sjem 75 WP sjembem 70 ENG shmem WH 67 sjemo 68 WL sjemsy 64 BW fatsjem 59 SLAY shmoom 52 AM sjemsjem 53 RP smemz 43 KotBSsjemel 59 SW
shmemz 68 SH sjemz 64 SHM sjemppa 48 BOsjemmy 50 CHP ssjemm 43 MAR