Recent Topics

Ads

So Logrins Forge...

Let's talk about... everything else
Stophy22

So Logrins Forge...

Post#1 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:29 am

This SC is very buggy and if you know the state of it right now I'd suggest removing it from the SC list until it's working a little bit better.

If you're unaware of how it works then here are a few things.
Spoiler:
-Capping mid causes an explosion from your point, without capping left and ride.
-Explosions can be invisible, most of the time are invisible.
-Capping side points can cause an explosion randomly without locking mid point.
Over all its just a bad scenario and I don't mind it being up because you can just not que for it, but ultimately im making this post because if new players join the game and do this scenario it could be a pretty terrible experience.

If you want to fix logrins forge you could just make it a copy of highpass cemetery or make it like nordenwatch until better thoughts are pushed forward. Doubt much will be done, just suggesting an opinion.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
totaljazz

Re: So Logrins Forge...

Post#2 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:54 am

I second that.

Loans

Post#3 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:57 am

I liked more the original version, anyway if only the bomb can be visible would be great.

havartii

Post#4 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:11 am

+1 to OP post
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

anarchypark

Post#5 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:57 pm

L2P map.
it's somewhere in the patchnote.
those are correctly working SC mechanic.
it's to prevent wait/dodge game.

different points for different number of capped flags.
It's 2 or 3. left and right or mid and 1 of others or all.
mid alone is just bomb.
cap reset bomb timer.

but oh no, this complexity hurts my brain!
keep blacklist it for your health.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Meliannia

Post#6 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:14 pm

it was better in its original form but it is still fine as paint, leave it alone.

this is one of the best scenarios as destro struggle with it, again they cant handle splitting up or using a map, its a good banker for Order or solo good players who understand mobility and maths. Also a losing team who put effort in will still get 270 to 470 points and ger good renown for their efforts.

Stophy22

Post#7 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:57 pm

It's fine if you like the SC, but that doesn't justify how objectively janky this SC is and without an explanation in the loading screen is a nightmare for newer players.

I made this post when playing a t1 character on order last night while watching, what I would assume to be new players to the server, get angry at how ill-thought out the SC is.

@Anarchypark Yes it's in patch notes, but how long ago? Do you really think new players will search for that? Is that really a fair means to justify it at the end of the day? Did the patch notes mention invisible explosions? It's fine if you want to be elite and say, "oh he's just bad he can't see the invisible explosions, but my gamer mind knows after X seconds I have to be in this exact spot to avoid it."

But just know that relying on that logic is pretty unhealthy for any new players who enter the server. Try to see it from a different angle than your all-knowing-can't-lose eyes.

@Meliannia I would prefer the original version of it rather than what it is now, at least the original version didn't have random invisible death.

honestly the biggest problem with it right now is random invisible bomb. I don't think any of the new players will really enjoy dying to an unknown means.
Last edited by Stophy22 on Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

CountTalabecland

Post#8 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:07 pm

I don't have a problem with it except for invisible explosions and the fact that 90% of pugs have no idea how it works.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:26 pm

Who isn't liking a scenario, where your team is fighting over an objective, while someone in your own team activates bomb and all die?
It's the same mess as Twisting Tower, where fighting gets you killed my friendly explosion.
Dying is no option.

kirraha

Post#10 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:18 pm

Massively annoying sc. prob worse mechanic imo to piss ppl off. :D
Take back original Logrins Forge please