Recent Topics

Ads

Anatomy of a Failed Patch

Let's talk about... everything else
M0rw47h

Re: Anatomy of a Failed Patch

Post#41 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:10 pm

Jastojan wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:56 pm Where did I write something like that?
What do I want more? Every city is unique battle and the final result table is based on many many various circumstances. You can let fight same teams against each other forever long but the results will be different (I don't even need to write that situation will never happen). And this is one of the reasons why the screenshots are not RELEVANT data for such changes.

Unique, different and same situation never will happen?
Then how players like Restlin, Drukar, Tasya or Hermi always are on top of scoreboards or around it, even when focused and on losing side?

However, city and change around ST wouldn't play together.

Ads
Jastojan

Post#42 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:17 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:10 pm
What do I want more? Every city is unique battle and the final result table is based on many many various circumstances. You can let fight same teams against each other forever long but the results will be different (I don't even need to write that situation will never happen). And this is one of the reasons why the screenshots are not RELEVANT data for such changes.

Then how players like Restlin, Drukar, Tasya or Hermi always are on top of scoreboards or around it, even when focused and on losing side?

So how could they loose if they were on top of scoreboard? Only if it means almost nothing. Why wouldn´t best guilds stack maguses when they are so extremely strong? A lot of dot dmg covered by hots... To be on top of the scoreboard is overrated (in this case especially) - not even asking for a nerf.
And, ST spec and city? It does not match together, you are right. So why shouldn´t be ST spec nerf based on data from cities? Again, I do not understand why are you under this topic if your gameplay style was not affected by these changes. I am done here, leaving. GN

Onigokko0101

Post#43 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:44 pm

Jastojan wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:17 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:10 pm

So how could they loose if they were on top of scoreboard? Only if it means almost nothing. Why wouldn´t best guilds stack maguses when they are so extremely strong? A lot of dot dmg covered by hots... To be on top of the scoreboard is overrated (in this case especially) - not even asking for a nerf.
And, ST spec and city? It does not match together, you are right. So why shouldn´t be ST spec nerf based on data from cities? Again, I do not understand why are you under this topic if your gameplay style was not affected by these changes. I am done here, leaving. GN
??? because there is more to winning a city then damage. Also there just isnt enough Magus players to bring them, but often times if there is two good ones on you run with two magus setups.

FYI just because a class is strong dosent mean you stack it. BG is strong but you generally only bring 1-2 (1 for ST party, 1 for Crimson Death). Just because you dont want 8 dosent mean its not strong.

Also people are here talking about this, because people like you are crying to the high heavens about a nerf that only affects a single very uninteractive playstyle. The same people that are acting like the class is now ****, when its not.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

geezereur

Post#44 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:36 pm

I agree with everything OP stated here this patch was by far the worst patch I dont understand why they bring back some of the worst aspect from live version like TB....

sighy

Post#45 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:51 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:41 pm
Onigokko0101 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:30 pm

If you have a person healing you that extra chance to be crit dosent matter because it evens out the spike, sure you are getting crit more often but the crits do significantly less damage. Spike kills players when they have heals, not steady damage.
Spike is not a single big hit. It's a chain of critical hits within a small time frame. How much more likely is this event, when you give your enemy additional 20% crit chance, not to mention additional ctbc
or initiative debuffs? A single crit hit you are not getting, is worth several reduced critical hits with TB.
If you are talking about timestamps it's more about
a) fishing for the right RNG, where you get enough crits
b) critical mass of people compounding damage to kill you(nothing you can really do about that one)

Statistically speaking with FS you are going to run into scenario A eventually, because even if you have a massive overkill invested into -ctbc, the enemy can invest into their ctc (Focussed power, opportunist, etc), on top of other sources like weapons, sets, linis and so forth. Especially if they find themselves in the Sov adjacent rr8x demographic, even if you are not talking about the Crit reliant classes, which boost it even farther, with their class mechanics/tactics. Making FS3 a coinflip. Sure, in a scenario where you are lucky it is going to be more efficient, but that is statistically over extended period of time not all that relevant.

TB4 mitigates all critical hits you suffer by 40% and thusly does not rely on RNG to protect you. And the "several" is 2,5, if you speak about the same attack being mitigated two different ways, because you can never guarantee your FS3 blocking a crit of some misc proc over it blocking a crit of WoP, for example that's where the "spike" in performance of FS comes into question, where it either prevents all the critical damage or nothing at all. That's what makes TB easier to heal and makes you way less likely to get randomly bursted.

Yes, if you look at the average value of an extended testing session it's gonna end up in a reasonably similar place, if FS and TB are the only variables really changing. Except those that crit fairly regularly despite ctbc, because it is their defining class feature... they get cucked by TB soooo hard it's not even funny.

Orontes

Post#46 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:01 pm

It's interesting there are no replies from any of the Powers, particularly the one responsible for the Patch.

This means the charges laid by Cqengi about his class report to the Devs remains unchallenged, namely:

-There was one engi and one magus ability under question: Napalm and Mist.

-The Devs cut the damage bonus by half for all abilities of the two classes, despite only one ability for each class being questioned by the Cqengi Report, and being told in the same report the issue isn't tied to the pet as in city actions AOE engi/magi don't use the pet, because it dies too easily.

-The Devs use City damage totals as their gauge on class 'OPness', and therefore make no distinction between AOE and single target specs.

Added to this, it appears clear:

-No Dev connected to this Patch has large experience playing an engi/magus. They are making large scale decisions from a state of relative ignorance.

-The Powers presented the gutting of engi/magi bonus damage as a bug fix. This lie has been completely exposed as 40% bonus damage was part of the classes rework from Oct. 2016.

The original conclusions stand:

Engi/magi are pet classes. Any action that weakens the value or the benefit of the pet, to that same degree undercuts the core mechanic of the class. By returning the damage bonus to Live levels both engi and magi are being relegated back to an inferior state. The Dev(s) responsible for these changes does not understand the classes: does not understand the played experience of these classes. This bonus damage halving is a fundamental error based on flawed analysis, and presented under the cover of a lie.

This is a bad patch. The Combat and Career changes need to be reversed.

Mythrendir

Post#47 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:24 pm

Disagree.

For many of us on the receiving end of Magus or Engies, this was a great balancing patch.

Ty to the devs.

space44

Post#48 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:10 am

anyone who complains about trivial blows are players who presses 1 button and its the aoe cast lol
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Ads
kirraha

Post#49 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:50 am

Giving this post a +1 also. This engi/magus fix felt completely out of place.

I stopped play my magus long ago and been focusing on other viable classes. But it is very sad see the devs take same path as on live to make the class very much unatracctive to play.

Its great for pve. That's all.

/Missrabbit

Neverever

Post#50 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:53 am

Roarik188 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:09 pm.

This of the epitome of "I got mine, fk you" the post. I'm sure you have RR80+ characters. More noob stomping shall continue, more noob stomping is good for the game, I'm sure. As people like you continue to laugh, people will take note of this. TB hurts the entire game, but more importantly, it hurts new players. I'm sure your answer is simply "get gid scrub", which is fine you are welcome to your poor opinions.

TB was bad on live, it was bad FOR live, and it is bad now. Your personal prejudice and opinions wont change that.
Lol so your whining is objective and a general truth but my opinion is a personal prejudice... That's nothing but plain arrogance. TB is only bad for aoe bombers and that's is something positive to general environment of the game. Whine as you like but it won't change that fact.