Recent Topics

Ads

Endless T1

Let's talk about... everything else
sharpblader

Re: Endless T1

Post#11 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:49 am

Ibechuck97 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:00 am If I remember correctly they did that in live towards the end. If you didn't want to pay for a subscription you could play for free in T1. It was meant to bring in new players but it was terrible with all the twink players. I think it hurt more then it helped with getting new players playing.
It was the free version of live few years before the end but the cap was CR 10, you were limited to nordland, scenarios and also had gear restrictions. Yes there were twinks but they were heavily outnumbered by the f2p t1 players which was at a time more fun for me than other zones on my server.

On RoR, endless t1 shouldn't be allowed imo because it might seriously effect the new player experience. Think they even removed debolster because of this. I'm not sure, I took a break during that time.

Technically, one can do endless t1 with the number of character slots we have. Eventually, when you run out of them, it's time to send money to main, delete and remake, it doesn't take too much time.

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#12 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:09 pm

bongofasgard wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:27 am Terrible idea since with purple talis, staying at level 8-9, getting the best items and so on you'll probably have three times the stats of normal players. Pick something like a Chosen/KOTBS or WP/DOK and you will seriously be able to 1vs5 normal players, which is not exactly nice for new players.
Raise the level reqs of talismans in general? Nevermind, I am aware that even as comfortable as it might be, it would be a bad idea for the server, so thus must not happen.

vindicuss

Post#13 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:10 pm

It's really bad because people will get geared and bully new players.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#14 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:00 pm

Tiered XP locks are bad for every game. There is one mindset that benefits from it, and everyone else stuck playing in that tier is abused by it. The lakes would dry up very quickly with people leveling in PvE to R16 if all they had to look forward to in T1 was R15 characters with xpoff and max gear.

It's not happening here. Next bad suggestion thread, thanks.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog