Recent Topics

Ads

Wrath WP, the hard life

Let's talk about... everything else
Collision

Re: Wrath WP, the hard life

Post#11 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:27 pm

babanovac wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:19 pm
Collision wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:09 pm taking ranked sc as reference is for me stupid. A lot of classes work very bad in ranked and are king of rvr.
Ah ok, so if you mean for RvR as in for massive warband playing, sure then i agree.

But we are not in that scenario :)

DPS WP are not meant to be played with AoE damage in warband vs warband. Unless the devs want to change us that way :)
And a single target assist ? RvR is not just aoe bombing. 24vs24 need st assist and i think will be a better reference than ranked sc. But if rvr for you is 100vs100 you are right.

Ads
babanovac

Post#12 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:18 pm

Collision wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:27 pm
Collision wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:09 pm taking ranked sc as reference is for me stupid. A lot of classes work very bad in ranked and are king of rvr.
Ah ok, so if you mean for RvR as in for massive warband playing, sure then i agree.

DPS WP are not meant to be played with AoE damage in warband vs warband. Unless the devs want to change us that way :)
And a single target assist ? RvR is not just aoe bombing. 24vs24 need st assist and i think will be a better reference than ranked sc. But if rvr for you is 100vs100 you are right.
Ranked SC IS single target assist. So yeah, that's where you'll see your character's potential.

Collision

Post#13 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:27 pm

in sc ranked you gonna fight only full opti premade who, for a lot work only in ranked. it's just an advice to take your references. Do what you think will be the best.

space44

Post#14 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:46 pm

i like your meme babanovac lol
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

yoluigi

Post#15 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:50 pm

babanovac wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:17 pm
yoluigi wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:55 pm Unfortunately the only way to play the class is to duo with a tank that is where the fun is. (in small scale roaming against 2-5 guys)
I stopped doin ranked it's just really bad in any case of more than 3v3 (6v6 +) Dont have the dps to get the kill and end up been a 15min stalemate. (I play on my tanks for ranked way more fun)
If you go glass cannon you can be good the first 20 seconds of the fight after that your ap starved soo this build only works on squishy target when soloeing.

You can still have fun but only really small encounters.. AND you need a specific build and the fight gota last less than 30 seconds + need bis gear. I think they working to buff bludgeon to make it like sundering chop (wl)

I personnaly think just need some tweak like bludgeon and buff guilty soul dot dmg.

OR

Bring Sigmar radiance to 2h if you get the 25% tap heal tactic But you cannot use hammer of sigmar (BIG TRADEOFF) basically your best dmg ability for a big tap heal. Like that you could either play dps or more tap heal with a 2h but without the best dmg ability. Would make 6v6 more fun pure dps build is just horible in a real premade 6v6.

And saying our spirit dmg does alot of dmg is a joke our big dmg only comes when you use sigmar wrath and hammer of sigmar that's pretty much the only good tools and i play multiple classes (Chosen,knight, iB, marauder, SM, engi all over rank 40) The one class i have the most trouble with ap is my wp.

One problem that would solve ap is make the haste ability tactic on crit also recover 5-10 ap on crits. Might not sound like alot but in the long run gonna help alot.

Basically the class need's tons of small tweak the synergy from abilities to work for real. On paper 20% increase dmg is very good but your only using it on hammer of sigmar bludgeon is a joke. All your other abilities you use 60% of the time dont get that 20% increase dmg buff.
Well tbh AP is indeed a problem, but i never felt it to be THE issue. I mean even if i could spam my abilities without thinking about AP, i don't think that would change the problem too much. I mean the damage from our abilities would still suck.

Now about bringing back Sigmar's Radiance, or Divine Strike for that matter, back to be used with a 2hander, i'm not sure about that. As i said in the OP, i understand the directions the devs want to go, and for that the melee heals need to be part of their own spec. Don't get me wrong, i'd really love it if we could get our old playstyle back, i mean that's what i loved about this spec, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

And if that's the case, if we really are going to be more about DPS than melee heals, well then, devs, at least give us the DPS so that we can play. So far the melee heals hid the fact that our DPS was way below average, by allowing us to stay in the fight longer, and outlive our enemies. With those gone, we now realize we have to tools at our disposal.

The Bludgeon change you mention sounds interesting. I mentioned the change to HoS just because i think it would be really easy to implement and would require no extensive dev work.
Yeah the dev said before they had no intention of changing Sigmar radiance our best hope is a small buff to guilty soul and bludgeon that would help ALOT.

Dabbart

Post#16 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:17 am

Go hit some combat dummies and post the results. There are too many variables and methods of damage reduction in combat to state you don't hit hard. Your AA alone should be critting over 1200.

Also, enable Enemy combat logs. That will give you a bunch of useable information for what is actually killing you, and what your avg dps is with each ability.

Also, get a knight or IB to roam with. Your AP issues will disappear, enough CC to get the kill, and even a little bit of assist dps will go a long way. And you'll make a buddy!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Bloodmasked

Post#17 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:23 am

My dps dok can solo 5 witch hunters but I guess because I have 2 swords and also have pointy ears my class is totally different from its mirror class and I have no idea what Im talking about for wp.

Phantasm

Post#18 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:03 pm

Ads
babanovac

Post#19 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:16 pm

Dabbart wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:17 am Go hit some combat dummies and post the results. There are too many variables and methods of damage reduction in combat to state you don't hit hard. Your AA alone should be critting over 1200.

Also, enable Enemy combat logs. That will give you a bunch of useable information for what is actually killing you, and what your avg dps is with each ability.

Also, get a knight or IB to roam with. Your AP issues will disappear, enough CC to get the kill, and even a little bit of assist dps will go a long way. And you'll make a buddy!
My AA crits for up to 1600. That's why i mentioned my credentials in OP, i know how to gear the char. The spec or the gear is not the problem. But the class itself.

Getting high numbers on the practice dummies doesn't change the fact that in real PvP the Wrath WP is almost unusable.

I mean sure, you can kill people 20 RRs lower than you, but what's the point in that. You should be able to hold your own in a fight involving equally ranked and geared chars. As it stands right now, in such a fight the Wrath WP is dead weight right now.

penagos22

Post#20 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:52 pm

bro im sorry if I misunderstood but the most optimal way to play wp is aoedps, in which it does a lot of damage because I have done it but it is too boring to play (you are like with a broom sweeping XDDD). In addition, there is the preconceived idea of ​​the wp as heal is the best way to play it and anything else is trolling which leads to the situation that so you have everything BiS they will not give you a group or guild (this happened to me) So I got my gear playing solo in rvr and solo, which in city was a pain in the ass, in conclusion the best thing that can happen to the class is that they give it tools so that the wpdps plays alone.
and the change should be oriented to two things: improve the single target and reduce the number of skills since the rotation is too long in my opinion.