Recent Topics

Ads

Getting more renown experience

Let's talk about... everything else
arorwne
Suspended

Re: Getting more renown experience

Post#11 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:17 pm

zgolec wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:11 pm Buahahhhaahah :)

I wonder what would you say abouy rr system in AoR :P

Renown in RoR is perfect as it is [some people say it's too fast]... If you dont liek it maybe MMO game which mostly base on grind [pve / rvr / sc alike] is not a good choice for you?

Also - if you have a good grp to play with its not that boring and also way faster :P
But MMOs redefined their grind a long time ago. Besides, what if he is here because of other reasons? Pure PvP? Warhammer Fantasy IP? Plenty of other options. Grind is boring by its very nature.

Ads
zgolec

Post#12 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:27 pm

arorwne wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:17 pm But MMOs redefined their grind a long time ago. Besides, what if he is here because of other reasons? Pure PvP? Warhammer Fantasy IP? Plenty of other options. Grind is boring by its very nature.
Redefined grind? Guess you havent played any KR mmo's recently? :P Also "grind" on RoR is smooth comparing to some other new titles :P

If he joined up for "reasons" he should maybe look for something more fitting his needs and preferations. Lot of people on 80rr [which i hit like 1,5 year ago and backthen it was way harder to get rr and gear no invaders/royals in zones for example] would be pissed. I also laugh at people complaining how "hard it is to get genesis set" vs how it looked like 2-3 years ago :P

Adapt or look elsewhere... Whole server won't bow to few whiners...
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#13 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:52 pm

zgolec wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:27 pm
arorwne wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:17 pm But MMOs redefined their grind a long time ago. Besides, what if he is here because of other reasons? Pure PvP? Warhammer Fantasy IP? Plenty of other options. Grind is boring by its very nature.
Redefined grind? Guess you havent played any KR mmo's recently? :P Also "grind" on RoR is smooth comparing to some other new titles :P

If he joined up for "reasons" he should maybe look for something more fitting his needs and preferations. Lot of people on 80rr [which i hit like 1,5 year ago and backthen it was way harder to get rr and gear no invaders/royals in zones for example] would be pissed. I also laugh at people complaining how "hard it is to get genesis set" vs how it looked like 2-3 years ago :P

Adapt or look elsewhere... Whole server won't bow to few whiners...
But what do you care if you already achieved something? I never understood this mentality. It's basically the "young whippersnappers" meme. Just because you suffered through something, everyone has to? No, they don't, as NPCs say in the game: "time's marching on and so should you". If something gets changed for the easier, don't grow vitriolic and jaded(wtf), but simply create some alts and have even more fun.

Completely off topic, congrats to RoR team and all, but Vertical Progression AND serious PvP in the same game? Nope, that's a huge mistake. If progression was more horizontal, more spaced out across a plethora of activities(PQ, Dungeon, SC, RvR, City, even Epic Quest), it'd benefit everyone enormously.

(and Korean and Far East culture is markedly different than our own ; we are quite clearly talking about a Western MMO ; who cares about Korea in this context)

Duukar

Post#14 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:36 am

It’s already accelerated to 50. 70 is the real cap for skill points. Then you farm a bit more to get access to sov.

Getting guys to RR 50-60 and Vanq/invader gear should definitely be easier and faster. The Vanq grind and rr grind is as always a barrier to new players and the alt bonanza I want to enjoy.

Albane

Post#15 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:20 pm

How about allowing the quest turn ins give 10% CR xp as RR once you reach CR 40? So the 25 kill quest would give you like 2k renown.

vanbuinen77

Post#16 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:35 pm

RR was never the issue with Alts.

It was the Med/Emblems that you have to grind, that are not account-wide for some reason.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

arorwne
Suspended

Post#17 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:40 pm

Albane wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:20 pm How about allowing the quest turn ins give 10% CR xp as RR once you reach CR 40? So the 25 kill quest would give you like 2k renown.
This is a fantastic idea, but pure PvPers are gonna rage against it. Don't know why, Quest XP is literally WORTHLESS after R40, so why not make it do something, anything?

And account wide currency(medallions etc) are a very nice idea too.

kirraha

Post#18 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:43 pm

opalochka wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:08 pm Devs, what do you think about adding permanent system that would allow players to get more renown experience for the scenarios played? Most people supported this idea in a game chat. Leveling up in the game from renown level 1 to renown level 80 is very long and boring. Most people want to level up in 2-3 weeks from 1 to 80, not some months.

Imo it's WAY to easy to get to rr 80.

Ads
Starhawk

Post#19 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:53 pm

Just recently did I see a video about MMOs and why most new titles failed to keep interest up for long. I also started to wonder why I love older MMOs so much. There are plenty of reasons, of course, but one stood out most in all my thoughts. Its the rewarding feeling I got after completing my goals in those games. After long grinds and alot of hard work you got rewarded with awesome stuff. Others looked up to you and said : " I want to be this guy! I want that gear, that title or that mount! ". Yes, it would be cool to just blast through all classes and grind for all sets that I like but the rewards would feel less meaningful. I would not want to trade short term fun for long term enjoyment.

Tldr: Convienience kills adventure.

marafado
Suspended

Post#20 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:53 pm

if devs continue to give mor rr/xp boosts, players will ask for medal boosts...no!?
why dont we (players) ask for an instant lvl 40/80 in bis gear, and when get bored of ror we go to mine craft :)