Recent Topics

Ads

Getting more renown experience

Let's talk about... everything else
arorwne
Suspended

Re: Getting more renown experience

Post#21 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:03 pm

Starhawk wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:53 pm Just recently did I see a video about MMOs and why most new titles failed to keep interest up for long. I also started to wonder why I love older MMOs so much. There are plenty of reasons, of course, but one stood out most in all my thoughts. Its the rewarding feeling I got after completing my goals in those games. After long grinds and alot of hard work you got rewarded with awesome stuff. Others looked up to you and said : " I want to be this guy! I want that gear, that title or that mount! ". Yes, it would be cool to just blast through all classes and grind for all sets that I like but the rewards would feel less meaningful. I would not want to trade short term fun for long term enjoyment.

Tldr: Convienience kills adventure.
It's exactly the opposite for me. I like creating alts, I like not feeling super disadvantaged just because I chose to play somewhat differently and such. Of course, too easy leveling isn't...whom am I kidding? I love the power trip. I want power and fun, accomplishment(s)? lol.

Ads
Albane

Post#22 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:07 pm

arorwne wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:40 pm
Albane wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:20 pm How about allowing the quest turn ins give 10% CR xp as RR once you reach CR 40? So the 25 kill quest would give you like 2k renown.
This is a fantastic idea, but pure PvPers are gonna rage against it. Don't know why, Quest XP is literally WORTHLESS after R40, so why not make it do something, anything?

And account wide currency(medallions etc) are a very nice idea too.
I have to disagree about medals being account wide. With the ability to break them down, you would never have a reason to grind on your new characters.

marafado
Suspended

Post#23 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:11 pm

ohhh "account wide" medals, how cool can it be to farm medals in destro and send it to my order toons... ;p

Starhawk

Post#24 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:19 pm

arorwne wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:03 pm
Starhawk wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:53 pm Just recently did I see a video about MMOs and why most new titles failed to keep interest up for long. I also started to wonder why I love older MMOs so much. There are plenty of reasons, of course, but one stood out most in all my thoughts. Its the rewarding feeling I got after completing my goals in those games. After long grinds and alot of hard work you got rewarded with awesome stuff. Others looked up to you and said : " I want to be this guy! I want that gear, that title or that mount! ". Yes, it would be cool to just blast through all classes and grind for all sets that I like but the rewards would feel less meaningful. I would not want to trade short term fun for long term enjoyment.

Tldr: Convienience kills adventure.
It's exactly the opposite for me. I like creating alts, I like not feeling super disadvantaged just because I chose to play somewhat differently and such. Of course, too easy leveling isn't...whom am I kidding? I love the power trip. I want power and fun, accomplishment(s)? lol.
Yea no mate, I really get you... I really do, lol. But as you said you cant have both. There are games out there that give you the freedom of creating more alts without this crazy grind behind it. But as with many things in life, there are different forms of "fun" and many ways of achieving said fun. If people feel like they waste time here or are not enjoying the content because of the grind, then maybe they should try to play something else that gives them more enjoyment. This is why I also like other games like retail WoW. It hits different and has other things I like and dislike. (Or why I also like to play singleplayer games or different games at all) I guess there will never be a certain answer... only you know whats best for you.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#25 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:31 pm

I can give a definitive answer. We're not making currency account bound. You earn your rewards on each character, that's the game.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Starhawk

Post#26 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:37 pm

Problem solved, in just a days work. LOL

arorwne
Suspended

Post#27 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:06 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:31 pm I can give a definitive answer. We're not making currency account bound. You earn your rewards on each character, that's the game.
What about other things? Like increasing Quest XP rewards in T3 / T4?

Naelar

Post#28 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:03 am

To some extent, the currencies already are account bound, since you could buy, say, vanq gloves and boots on one character and mail them to an alt.

Ads