HavocHN

Re: Best duo in rvr?

Post#11 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:46 pm

Two shamans is the clear answer.

Ads
Likeaboss

Post#12 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:34 am

Shakur wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:09 pm Thank you for your answers! :)
Spoiler:
Likeaboss wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:55 pm
Shakur wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:26 am IB/Slayer, it's good?
Few will agree with me, but IB/Slayer can work, but you gotta go 2h Slayer and play with Holding Grudges to not go Beserk...
This way you will be pretty hard, this allows the IB to go 2H as well.

Can have incoming outgoining healdebuff, selfheal on both chars, a strong Woundsdebuff...

THe only thing against this playstyle is, that DW Slayer is so viable it is kind of a loss of potentail, but respec is for free :P
A build to suggest for duo with ib? :D
Well i payed my Slayer last time when Conq was max gear :lol: but i always want to try this, maybe when i'm done with my further education and have more free time :D

I would test something like this...
for Slayer

RoR.builders - Slayer

for IB
RoR.builders - Ironbreaker

Don't take this to serious, with Conq gear it worked fine, not sure how it goes now
But a try could be fun :)
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Shakur

Post#13 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:51 pm

Ah OK thank you for the builds :)

Dabbart

Post#14 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:20 pm

I think Ade on melee DoK w/ chosen(Satoq I think?) was the best this server has seen. They used to duo WBs when t3 was cap. Fu Man Chu was scary...

Though Volgograd and Mkatew had some EPIC roaming times, and many of these took place in T4 or when RR80 was opened up. Check out Vologo's vids: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=14214

Personally, my fav duo is anytime I played with Stinkyweed(SH). Normally w/ me on Tank or healer. doesn't seem to matter. That dude is a RP Leecher's dream...

Straight classes? AM/SW or SH/Shaman. Far easier to kite as a duo than expect you can face-tank a zerg like Volgo...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

ChicagoJoe

Post#15 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:56 pm

Some good suggestions here already.

I agree that Shaman/Shaman Shaman/SH are probably the two most effective. I have never played them but have died against them more than I'd like to admit.
I have done IB/WP duos with combined 165+ RR and BIS gear and a strong partner on coms and when people are dumb enough to fight melee against us we destroy them regardless of the composition. What usually happens is after we kill them once they run and avoid us, kite us to death if they can, or they come back with a 6 man and we die valiantly. You really do need good gear for it to work.
To second another's suggestion DPS AM and a 2H SM would work is pretty strong. You don't have the gobbo racial run away tactic which is probably the best defensive tactic in the game, but you have a bunch of strengths including SM leap and DPS AM is probably the strongest 1v1 in the game and the SM can heal a bit. I guess 2H IB would work too.

Some tanks have a sneaky dangerous reflective damage burst that can cause a kill which is a little outside the box.

If you want to play dwarf only, go for a trio rather than a duo. This is only to save you frustration.

In any case my answer is that a good trio beats a good duo most of the time. I would suggest running with a tank, dps and heal anyway b/c you currently aren't BIS and 3v2 will wipe 90% of 2 men because of numbers IF your composition is built synergistically and you communicate - even if you don't have BIS gear you will have numbers. You need more skill with guard swaps from your tank and in any case you need to focus assist. You also can't throw any 3 out there, but for example, a IB/WP/DPS AM would be pretty tough to face.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

ashton007

Post#16 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:23 pm

IB/WP is amazing duo. You wont be kited to death so long as you know how to los/when to chase/when to not. for IB get the tri spec left tree for kd crit buffs mid tree for parry buff and right tree for earthshatter.

Zizzelfizz

Post#17 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:27 pm

Laurel and Hardy :-)

Thunderbragi

Post#18 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:31 pm

I like 2h chosen/dps dok, works fine

Ads
TanithScout

Post#19 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:15 pm

AM/BW
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz

Shakur

Post#20 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:11 pm

We hesitate between ib / slayer and Ib / Wp :D :D
we love dwarfs! :lol: