Recent Topics

Ads

DPS AM vs. DPS Shaman

Let's talk about... everything else
komar9111

Re: DPS AM vs. DPS Shaman

Post#11 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:39 am

noobwarrior wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:19 am
Wushi wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:45 pm It’s clear the above player is an Order/AM player

An AM should never lose to a shaman 1v1, and is probably the strongest solo class in the game (much stronger than a shaman, especially since the Run Away! nerf)

They have:
-An extra 3.6k shield
- Tactics which make them need less int so they can go a much tankier build for roaming
-Extra debuffs
- Can dispell Shaman dots while Shaman can’t dispell AM dots
AM's can surely lose against a shaman.and yes they can remove all of dots. and yet it is possible to kill an AM
and to my person most of them know me when you are not walking around in grp's you are the ones who prefer. decamp
instead of fighting me ..
to get to the point if you know how and when to use a skill you can win ..
you interested me, you can find out your nickname? relife?)
Second To God

Ads
tsitas

Post#12 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:13 pm

Hello to all shamans, from VRIAREWS.. CRAA CRAA FOR ALL!!

Bozzax

Post#13 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:45 pm

Even tho my AM is 40/50 smth and my shmy is 40:80+ smth

AnAM should just require one tactic to auto win vs 99/100 shaman 1v1 (or make them RUN AWAY!)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

vanbuinen77

Post#14 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:26 pm

Am is better damage and morals

Shammy is better defensive and tactics
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Sulorie

Post#15 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:35 pm

d00msday wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:48 am
Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:09 am What a nice career builder warrior you are. Comparing classes by looking at tooltips.
Assuming that aoe detaunt for AM lasts 5 sec only is just the most glaring misconception.
First of I take that as personal attack. Im not only comparing tooltips, Im also playing with and against these classes, watch streamers and read forum posts. No need for that condescending tone Mr realm champion.

Second the tooltip of the builder, the tooltip ingame and buffhead show it as 5s. But I went to test it and you are right, the detaunt effect is still there even if it is no longer shown after 5s. Kind of strange but you are right, it is currently 10s. Since devs are fixing abilities according to their tooltips the question is how long this is gonna stay.
The setback immunity is 5 sec, the detaunt is supposed to be 10 sec to bring it in line with shaman aoe detaunt.
What you see in buffhead is just the setback immunity buff.

My tone has the following reason.
You list stuff that shaman has, without to mention, that you can't have it all in one spec or just a very specific spec without putting points into Gork tree.
When people talk about dps shaman/am and then post videos of sustained spec solo builds, then this is very misleading.

When you bring such a build into a premade grp, then you waste damage potential, because you don't have to outlast your opponent with dedicated healers in party.

So general statements, what both classes can do or can't are not useful for the discussion.
Dying is no option.

gebajger

Post#16 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:48 pm

'i have already clearly shown several times that a shaman is able to kill any am'

Challenge accepted!

Friday night, 8pm Altdorf time, arena

There will be many others to duel with, so you won't get bored fighting just me
Rioz

Sulorie

Post#17 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:17 pm

d00msday wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:40 pm
Actually you can have all in one spec so I don't get your point. You wanna have Sticky Feetz, you wanna have Touch of Gork and Gorks Barbs, rest however you like. Everything else is baseline.

The tactics you can choose depending on situation. You wanna have Divine Fury and Touch of Gork as DPS Shaman so there are basically only 2 slots left. Add Run Away and you have 1 slot left. Here it is up to you if you wanna have more offense and go e.g. with +crit or more defense and go e.g. with detaunt tactic.

You can use the same build everywhere. Pretty easy.
There you have it, you skip toughness hot and silence, something used in almost all those solo roam videos.
It's the spec to kill AM by taking not all dps tactics in favour of more sustain. Without Touch of Gork you can use run away and detaunt tactic.

The spec you listed is glass cannon dps spec, which is something you want to run in a roaming group. Then it's up to you whether you pick snare puddle or silence. Picking the 10 crit is a no-brainer in this case.
Like with any range classes, you can solo with this spec as well but your chances to survive 1vsX engagements are significantly lower.
Dying is no option.

komar9111

Post#18 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:58 pm

gebajger wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:48 pm 'i have already clearly shown several times that a shaman is able to kill any am'

Challenge accepted!

Friday night, 8pm Altdorf time, arena

There will be many others to duel with, so you won't get bored fighting just me
oh man, how long have I been looking for you, all I needed was you for a complete collection, unfortunately at the moment our duel is impossible I no longer have access to the shaman, in any case, I do not think that you are on a higher level trhuster or telen
Second To God

Ads
Kurama

Post#19 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:40 pm

d00msday wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:43 pm
Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:17 pm
d00msday wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:40 pm
Actually you can have all in one spec so I don't get your point. You wanna have Sticky Feetz, you wanna have Touch of Gork and Gorks Barbs, rest however you like. Everything else is baseline.

The tactics you can choose depending on situation. You wanna have Divine Fury and Touch of Gork as DPS Shaman so there are basically only 2 slots left. Add Run Away and you have 1 slot left. Here it is up to you if you wanna have more offense and go e.g. with +crit or more defense and go e.g. with detaunt tactic.

You can use the same build everywhere. Pretty easy.
There you have it, you skip toughness hot and silence, something used in almost all those solo roam videos.
It's the spec to kill AM by taking not all dps tactics in favour of more sustain. Without Touch of Gork you can use run away and detaunt tactic.

The spec you listed is glass cannon dps spec, which is something you want to run in a roaming group. Then it's up to you whether you pick snare puddle or silence. Picking the 10 crit is a no-brainer in this case.
Like with any range classes, you can solo with this spec as well but your chances to survive 1vsX engagements are significantly lower.
Maybe it's just my opinion but Shaman without Touch of Gork is not a DPS Shaman. That's the tactic from which the burst is coming from.

Shaman with deep in Mork with second hot is more like a Healer with some damage abilities or let's say a more balanced hybrid build. Not really DPS.

What about the classification in ranked SCs and city. Are you even classified as DPS without Touch of Gork? With second Hot you might be classified as Healer. Don't know.

Anyway, you said "You list stuff that shaman has, without to mention, that you can't have it all in one spec or just a very specific spec without putting points into Gork tree." and I showed you the spec that does have all the things I've listed. Nothing more, nothing less.
My 'hybrid' Shaman soft caps int and has 40% crit im sure that's dps-y enough.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Bozzax

Post#20 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:49 pm

Nah he is right DF and ToG is mandatory for dps (burst builds)

That said ofc you can make any hybrid you like and make it work in most situations (oRVR) and do damage (less burst)
Last edited by Bozzax on Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7