Recent Topics

Ads

DPS AM vs. DPS Shaman

Let's talk about... everything else
Bozzax

Re: DPS AM vs. DPS Shaman

Post#21 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:57 pm

I think DF flips you by itself at least it did when I was running a freak hybrid (we had one dps that sc and no one died)
Last edited by Bozzax on Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:57 pm

d00msday wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:43 pm
Maybe it's just my opinion but Shaman without Touch of Gork is not a DPS Shaman. That's the tactic from which the burst is coming from.

Shaman with deep in Mork with second hot is more like a Healer with some damage abilities or let's say a more balanced hybrid build. Not really DPS.

What about the classification in ranked SCs and city. Are you even classified as DPS without Touch of Gork? With second Hot you might be classified as Healer. Don't know.

Anyway, you said "You list stuff that shaman has, without to mention, that you can't have it all in one spec or just a very specific spec without putting points into Gork tree." and I showed you the spec that does have all the things I've listed. Nothing more, nothing less.
Yes, it's a hybrid spec for sustained damage instead of burst.

Actually it wasn't you, who posted the videos with hybrid spec, so my apologies for that.
You can't have the same tools in dps spec as in hybrid spec, therefore the confusion.
Dying is no option.

Aethilmar

Post#23 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:02 pm

So here is my take from killing them both:

When I go after a DPS Shammie solo I have to not only be careful to minimize how many dots they can put on me as I approach, I have come from a position that cuts off their ability to kite away since they have enough escape tools wear you out.

When i go after a DPS AM solo I just have to get past MoM and then once they are in melee range it is a question of did they dot me up enough that I have to down a couple of pots to survive the encounter after I kill them.

TL;DR Shammie takes more effort to bring down and any healer makes either of them laughably irrelevant.

noobwarrior

Post#24 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:06 pm

this is a nightmare PURE-dps-spec .. few can play it
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 49,5329&t=

noobwarrior

Post#25 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:11 pm

forgot the tactics points.
of course without a run away

Kurama

Post#26 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:58 pm

d00msday wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:55 pm
Kurama wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:40 pm My 'hybrid' Shaman soft caps int and has 40% crit im sure that's dps-y enough.
Do you count as DPS for ranked?
I dont do ranked, hybrid build is exclusevely for solo/duo roaming.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

ByzantineTime
Suspended

Post#27 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:30 pm

They are both trash tier dps classes besides 1v1 solo roam, and to the russian that posted his videos about killing ams 1v1, it's just because am's didnt play correctly to beat that specific shaman 1v1 while he came fully prepared.

If am plays defensively cleaning dots and ap draining while dpsing the other dps sham, the dps sham has 0.00000000% to win the match.
Thanks.

gebajger

Post#28 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:59 pm

komar9111 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:58 pm
gebajger wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:48 pm 'i have already clearly shown several times that a shaman is able to kill any am'

Challenge accepted!

Friday night, 8pm Altdorf time, arena

There will be many others to duel with, so you won't get bored fighting just me
oh man, how long have I been looking for you, all I needed was you for a complete collection, unfortunately at the moment our duel is impossible I no longer have access to the shaman, in any case, I do not think that you are on a higher level trhuster or telen
Well, I don't know what happened to your shamy, but your claim doesn't sound legit to me.
If you said your shamy beats MOST dpsAM, i wouldn't be skeptic at all, but any AM?
And its not about me being good or bad. The odds are in favor of the AM when it comes to 1v1
I would love to see you beating Schnipsel (whenever hes in dps spec) for starters.
Or...you know...me
Rioz

Ads
ByzantineTime
Suspended

Post#29 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:15 pm

gebajger wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:59 pm
gebajger wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:48 pm 'i have already clearly shown several times that a shaman is able to kill any am'

Challenge accepted!

oh man, how long have I been looking for you, all I needed was you for a complete collection, unfortunately at the moment our duel is impossible I no longer have access to the shaman, in any case, I do not think that you are on a higher level trhuster or telen
Well, I don't know what happened to your shamy, but your claim doesn't sound legit to me.
If you said your shamy beats MOST dpsAM, i wouldn't be skeptic at all, but any AM?
And its not about me being good or bad. The odds are in favor of the AM when it comes to 1v1
I would love to see you beating Schnipsel (whenever hes in dps spec) for starters.
Or...you know...me
He is just a poor guy, with his semi heal crap dps build, and beat some ams, that didn't play smart thats all.
It's impossible to beat any am that plays the same against the shaman, AM will drain and dot and cleanse and play defensively and win.

komar9111

Post#30 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:51 am

gebajger wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:59 pm

Challenge accepted!

Or...you know...me
okay, for you I will try to make exceptions and find a shaman for this fight, the only request is to match the armor level
Second To God