Recent Topics

Ads

DPS AM vs. DPS Shaman

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: DPS AM vs. DPS Shaman

Post#41 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:32 pm

komar9111 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:18 pm
The main thing Am has lost his strongest tactic "Arcing power", which previously worked on dots, now only works on direct damage.
It was a good tactic and I miss it too but you are incorrect here. It worked on direct dmg only since I started with the original game, one year after it's release.
Dying is no option.

Ads
komar9111

Post#42 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:50 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:32 pm
komar9111 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:18 pm
The main thing Am has lost his strongest tactic "Arcing power", which previously worked on dots, now only works on direct damage.
It was a good tactic and I miss it too but you are incorrect here. It worked on direct dmg only since I started with the original game, one year after it's release.
I have always played Am / Sham and I am very happy with the balance that is now, Am was always too strong, he got the right nerfs ..
Second To God

Wushi

Post#43 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:07 am

d00msday wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:31 pm [quote=komar9111 post_id=475895 time=<a href="tel:1618347019">1618347019</a> user_id=365846]
I have always played Am / Sham and I am very happy with the balance that is now, Am was always too strong, he got the right nerfs ..
I don't think that it is balanced right now. Shamans used to have less damage but higher survivability. Now they have pretty much the same damage as the AM and on top of that their old tools to survive. How is that balanced?

It's basically the same with WL/mara and SH/SW. WL was brought down in damage to mara level but didn't receive any of the mara tools. SH received knock down from SW and pounce from WL and could keep all his stuff. It's neither balanced now. You can't just mirror things from Order to Destro without taking or giving something in return.
[/quote]

Like I said earlier, it’s clear you’re an order/AM player that isn’t looking at it objectively. Maybe play a Shaman yourself for a while and see how much survivability they have - Spoiler alert - They don’t - especially since the Run Away! nerf.

komar9111

Post#44 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:25 am

Wushi wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:07 am
d00msday wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:31 pm [quote=komar9111 post_id=475895 time=<a href="tel:1618347019">1618347019</a> user_id=365846]
I don't think that it is balanced right now. Shamans used to have less damage but higher survivability. Now they have pretty much the same damage as the AM and on top of that their old tools to survive. How is that balanced?

It's basically the same with WL/mara and SH/SW. WL was brought down in damage to mara level but didn't receive any of the mara tools. SH received knock down from SW and pounce from WL and could keep all his stuff. It's neither balanced now. You can't just mirror things from Order to Destro without taking or giving something in return.
Like I said earlier, it’s clear you’re an order/AM player that isn’t looking at it objectively. Maybe play a Shaman yourself for a while and see how much survivability they have - Spoiler alert - They don’t - especially since the Run Away! nerf.
[/quote]

now the shaman is stronger than Am in balance, I also try to explain to everyone
Second To God

Co0kie

Post#45 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:07 am

Shammy is by far more tanky and easier to build than AM,
Just an easy example :
softcapping intel; AM dumps everything in Intel talis to barely make it to 1050 with pots or linis,
while shammy can steal that intel from his ennemys and use defensive talis instead?
75 to a 100(even more) intel steal that is 3 to 4 wounds/armor talis over AM which needs to put them on INT,

And WHY ? just WHY do their mirror spells Khaine's Touch and Touch of Gork are not similar?
Touch of gork reduces 150toughness on brain bursta,
where is the 150 toughness debuff on radiant lance?

its the same for SW and SH tactics : Enchanted Arrows ( sw scout spec ), extra toxic coating ( sh path of big shooting )
Extra toxic coating gets a extra lingering poison for 10sec that deals 400dmg when health drops under 25%, why does SW dont have it?

BALANCE

ByzantineTime
Suspended

Post#46 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:08 pm

komar9111 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:09 pm
ByzantineTime wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:26 pm
komar9111 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:55 am

yes yes of course you would kill me, like everyone on this server, only ... why no one succeeded
Because, you come with your try hard boring spec against people that are unprepared? that's not a really a test for anything lol.
any am with same spec/style will beat you because he can drain you + cleanse while you can't, if you argue with that nothing to say.
it seems difficult for you to understand that if you give abilities in the right order, the relevance of cleaning is not as relevant as it seems.
add to this more resist and buff for 228 stamina and a difference in intelligence due to dot 200+
I will not argue that if Am acts correctly, I cannot kill him, just as he cannot kill me
I think it seems difficult for you to understand that cleansing has no order and I know its rng sometimes, and if you put the useless spells first then u waste 2 GCDS while AM has the upper hand of already draining you.

komar9111

Post#47 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:17 pm

ByzantineTime wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:08 pm
komar9111 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:09 pm
ByzantineTime wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:26 pm

Because, you come with your try hard boring spec against people that are unprepared? that's not a really a test for anything lol.
any am with same spec/style will beat you because he can drain you + cleanse while you can't, if you argue with that nothing to say.
it seems difficult for you to understand that if you give abilities in the right order, the relevance of cleaning is not as relevant as it seems.
add to this more resist and buff for 228 stamina and a difference in intelligence due to dot 200+
I will not argue that if Am acts correctly, I cannot kill him, just as he cannot kill me
I think it seems difficult for you to understand that cleansing has no order and I know its rng sometimes, and if you put the useless spells first then u waste 2 GCDS while AM has the upper hand of already draining you.
dude, if you calculate the total AP cost for ama spells and add a clear to it every 5 seconds, you can see why it doesn't work, just like in any fight the shaman will always use silence first or gain AP advantage, I really don't I see the point in explaining everything to you in detail, you do not understand, sorry..
watch my videos, maybe then you will learn something, good luck)
Second To God

sharpblader

Post#48 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:23 pm

Lets settle all differences with a good old fashioned duel in the arena this Friday. I would bring some popcorn

Ads
Stopmoandy

Post#49 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:13 am

It has been mentioned before that its not the devs intentions to make every class a complete mirror of each other, so stop asking for homogenisation, its boring. Not every class should have every skill otherwise what's the point in classes at all.. That child mentality of "why cant MY class do that?!"... Because you didn't freakin' choose it!

Dakkhon

Post#50 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:38 am

I think its more they are not the same but one has more utility or does more damage and thus OP due to that........but whatever
Marauder and WE killer because I hate classes that require no skill lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: