Recent Topics

Ads

Bug Tracking / Reporting Issues

Let's talk about... everything else
Akalukz

Bug Tracking / Reporting Issues

Post#1 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:20 pm

It seems recently a person was banned for exploiting. Even though this player has never received a warning in game or on forums. Plays multiple characters to high level, enjoys all aspects of the game and is firmly against abusing in game gimmicks. I am a long time player and realize this post may get locked, but felt compelled to say something because I feel an error has been made, both by the administration and possibly by the player.

Trip was able to damage players and receive healing while clipped inside of a wall. I truly believe his intentions were more along the lines of testing the limitations of the bug, did he possibly get carried away and test it a little too much, it’s a possibility, unless you know the person. I have run with trip quite a bit over the last several months, and I can assure you he is all about playing the game in a fair and balanced way. Never once have I heard him suggest or insinuate that players should abuse terrain or mechanics, even during the months long abuse by multiple players of pulling through barriers in the city. After his testing, he was quick to file a bug report then continued playing the game, not once did he attempt to abuse or reuse the glitch. While his testing may have had a negative effect on the players at the time, it wasn’t repeated and was reported promptly. I truly feel trippie should be unbanned. If we are heavy handed with perma-bans, you will have people less likely to report bugs and game breaking glitches for fear of ban.
Last edited by Akalukz on Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-= Agony =-

Ads
dredfury

Re: Bug Tracking / Reporting Issues

Post#2 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:24 pm

Here to support this. Unban Trippie

Telther

Post#3 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:31 pm

I mean I’ve reported crap before and got the “not enough info to proceed” bs, so he makes a thorough report and gets banned for It, pretty crappy move in my opinion.

I’ve played with him for quite a while and he is a solid dude, definitely one that didn’t do anything malicious. Hell he’s the one yelling at me to keep me from chat bans 😂 Reporting several issues before. I definitely feel your gm over reacted in this one. He was trying to help you guys better the server.

This will just deter people from actually reporting in the future.

Gerbag

Post#4 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:31 pm

Yeah, also here to support #UnbanTrippie
ᛃᚱᛊᚨᚱᛃ

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:33 pm

That's not how this works. His ban is under appeal, which we are no longer making public.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog