Recent Topics

Ads

Doublers(2x xp etc)

Let's talk about... everything else
arorwne
Suspended

Doublers(2x xp etc)

Post#1 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:35 am

When I say a "doubler", what I mean is stuff like the weekend we just had. And I want to discuss this some. Not whether it should be more of them(technically, the recent version of it isn't an "event", but an "apology", so different rules apply), but what should be included. Here are my thoughts:

XP: While it is very fun to just outlevel everything in PvE and roflstomp like in some aRPG, not to mention having your bread and butters online sooner(Sanctified Bullets etc), still...I am not in favor of 2x XP. Because of few things. First is that it leads to an influx of inexperienced players in places where they shouldn't be yet and second is closely related to that and it concerns gear. They'll just be undergeared etc. Finally, the RR will actively punish you, so...there's that as well. What about the current speed of leveling? Whether it should be 2x(like it is now) or 3x is always a fair question, but whether you use Scenarios(kinda slower) or PvE(fastest option imo), it's very fast. And you shouldn't really be going into lakes to get XP, lol. AGAINST

RR: I just don't see any reason why not have 2x RR events more often. Unlike your basic XP, this will not lead to undergearing, inexperience etc. On the contrary, it will make players more experienced, give them options for more gear etc. And if because of a whatever reason you dare to deviate from the "standard leveling curve", you won't be punished anymore(or as severely, at any rate) - in fact, it would open the game quite a bit more! Besides, PvP in all its forms is the best when the playing field is leveled and there's no clear "roflstomp" and a better player wins. FOR

INFLUENCE: Now, I don't see why not simply keeping this at an absurd rate. Sure, it could have some impact on economy, but...ease of access to gear would just benefit everyone. If it were as fast as it was during the doubler, I wouldn't be against it. On the contrary, keep it like that forever. FOR

///

Any other options you can think of? 2x Medallion drop rates etc? I'm extremely against 2x gold and such.

Ads
mogt

Re: Doublers(2x xp etc)

Post#2 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:06 am

are you kidding me??? the leveling is fine, why you want all easy way. if you played on live server? here you lveling 2x times faster as on live.

if you do pve fpr leveling you can get gear via dungeon, pq, and this gearsets are not very weaker as the pvp alternative. why you want all faster. the level processing, you can learn how you play your char. that is importanter as max lvl in very fast time.

the influence are a core mechanic for pve, look in your ToK. all what you do, you can read their. the warhammer pve, are very cool and the lore too.

to your RR. that is fine too, why want all so fast. you think, if you have better gear in shoortest time, what is the intention for it? a mmo is long time progression. the devs do a very hard job. it is not easy what they do,but they do their best.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:07 pm

mogt wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:06 am are you kidding me??? the leveling is fine, why you want all easy way. if you played on live server? here you lveling 2x times faster as on live.

if you do pve fpr leveling you can get gear via dungeon, pq, and this gearsets are not very weaker as the pvp alternative. why you want all faster. the level processing, you can learn how you play your char. that is importanter as max lvl in very fast time.

the influence are a core mechanic for pve, look in your ToK. all what you do, you can read their. the warhammer pve, are very cool and the lore too.

to your RR. that is fine too, why want all so fast. you think, if you have better gear in shoortest time, what is the intention for it? a mmo is long time progression. the devs do a very hard job. it is not easy what they do,but they do their best.
Please elaborate and define this "easy way" concept. I agree with XP, don't know where you pulled that argument from.

Concerning RR and INF, wouldn't it be better for people to actually have fun, so devs can get to other, more important issues? And for you to always have CHOICES? Also, MMOs died because of "long time progression" ; that is a relic of the past in this moment. There is no reason for it to be like that, not in game economy, not game design, it's simply an, excuse the term, idiotic status quo statement. What is a REAL DOWNSIDE to faster RR, emotions not included.

mogt

Post#4 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:37 pm

warhammer was ever a pve/pvp game a combination. this is a old school mmo that is very good, the playerbase want all fast fast examülegear, then they begin to cry we want more content, that is false, the devs do this here in their freetime. many players forget this.

what i mean with easy way is following, many players want in few hours as example max lvl and in a short time, the best gear. BUT how this players learn their chars? knowing about the char is importanter as smashing buttons in a zerg

and the pve element here are beautiful and important. warhammer, have a very big pve world, learn a little bit about the lore and then i hope you can understand.

the new playerbase want just fast fast fast, you can see this in other mmos, that is in my eyes boring, mmos had ever a long term progression, if you want fast progession, play another genre please

marafado
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:55 pm

makes sence that new players are fast and furious zrglings, since most of the old aor players dont enjoy the "creativity/ballace" of ror.
old playesrs are slow, they need time to lvl enjoy the toon...and **** like that

arorwne
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:01 pm

mogt wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:37 pm warhammer was ever a pve/pvp game a combination. this is a old school mmo that is very good, the playerbase want all fast fast examülegear, then they begin to cry we want more content, that is false, the devs do this here in their freetime. many players forget this.

what i mean with easy way is following, many players want in few hours as example max lvl and in a short time, the best gear. BUT how this players learn their chars? knowing about the char is importanter as smashing buttons in a zerg

and the pve element here are beautiful and important. warhammer, have a very big pve world, learn a little bit about the lore and then i hope you can understand.

the new playerbase want just fast fast fast, you can see this in other mmos, that is in my eyes boring, mmos had ever a long term progression, if you want fast progession, play another genre please
You are very much correct about how WAR is setup. Originally it was supposed to be, excuse the term, World of Warhammer with RvR endgame(actually, the PvE / PvP ratio shifted as you leveled). And that'd be so good, I honestly don't need that while leveling(and am a bozo that simply pushes onwards with like RR 1 :) - ok, getting 10 or 20 is beneficial for RR talents, but that's it). But it's not about me ; WAR is and was one of rare MMOs that wasn't about individual, but about group.

As about "more, more, more", ok I could use more Influences to get my gear setup, but it's somewhat annoying(until you get your necessities). Regardless, how'd faster RR or INF hurt the game? There is one option and it has nothing to do with devs.

(shame about the quests though ; Chaos was so phenomenally kabal, too bad one half is missing{betcha it could be restored, but meh})
marafado wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:55 pm makes sence that new players are fast and furious zrglings, since most of the old aor players dont enjoy the "creativity/ballace" of ror.
old playesrs are slow, they need time to lvl enjoy the toon...and **** like that
Creativity and balance? Like WE with ranged finishers(lol) while things like Burn are still melee(???). Things like that?

Duukar

Post#7 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:02 pm

arorwne wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:35 am I am not in favor of 2x XP. Because of few things. First is that it leads to an influx of inexperienced players in places where they shouldn't be yet
I agree with faster progressions on all fronts especially PvE TOKs and gear up to invader. Sure ill grind for Sov.

This statement above absolutely blows my mind. I’ve heard it over and over from the community here. Just how many new players is RoR getting from “doubler” events? Who are these mysterious players who can’t figure out simple class abilities while xping twice as fast for a weekend? We all know there are terrible players here already who will suck no matter what you do with them.

Mostly this is a stable player base who come and go and I see population increase for a while post “doubler” events. Popular aren’t they? Better have less!

People like Alts and people like killing people on their Alts. People want to grind SOV not vanq.

IMO add double medallions and emblems Up to Vanq/domi with the “doubler” and do it one weekend per month.

Bam population will go up and you’ll see a lot more people playing in less than BiS.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:10 pm

Duukar wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:02 pm
arorwne wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:35 am I am not in favor of 2x XP. Because of few things. First is that it leads to an influx of inexperienced players in places where they shouldn't be yet
I agree with faster progressions on all fronts especially PvE TOKs and gear up to invader. Sure ill grind for Sov.

This statement above absolutely blows my mind. I’ve heard it over and over from the community here. Just how many new players is RoR getting from “doubler” events? Who are these mysterious players who can’t figure out simple class abilities while xping twice as fast for a weekend? We all know there are terrible players here already who will suck no matter what you do with them.

Mostly this is a stable player base who come and go and I see population increase for a while post “doubler” events. Popular aren’t they? Better have less!

People like Alts and people like killing people on their Alts. People want to grind SOV not vanq.

IMO add double medallions and emblems Up to Vanq/domi with the “doubler” and do it one weekend per month.

Bam population will go up and you’ll see a lot more people playing in less than BiS.
Do you think increasing base xp is ok?

Ads
Dinotron

Post#9 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:30 pm

XP & RR should be permanently increased by at least 50% when <40CR.

The ORvR experience 16-39 is abysmal which leads players to quitting spamming SCs which provide absolute garbage XP/RR per hour unless your realm is dominating that day. This is due to there being too much variance in XP/RR gained from a win vs a loss & the fact that there are too few players in any given tier (T1 or T2/T3) to provide a variety of opponents which leads to constant wins or constant loses. This drives less and less players on the losing realm to queue making the effects even worse. (Would love to see some data on W/L ratio based on realm from an hour to hour basis)

The leveling process wouldn't be as excruciating if there were still T2/T3 ORvR, but there's clearly not enough players to reintroduce them. The opportunity to bring those back died along with the ~2000 influx players from LazyPeon times.

I'm not sure where the concern of players reaching 40 quicker will cause them to have no idea how to play their career. I think it's a convenient excuse for bad players to blame other bad players for their poor performance. An excellent fresh CR40/RR40 player will still get crushed due to gear disparity and lack of catch up options.

This is all just my opinion. I know the devs have said before they want to maintain the "leveling experience." I just wish they were more honest with how terrible that experience currently is.

Duukar

Post#10 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:15 pm

arorwne wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:10 pm
Duukar wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:02 pm

Do you think increasing base xp is ok?
Definitely. Clearly there needs to be a boost in RR and meds that go with it.