"physician heal thyself, wowkid"
-Sun Tzu.

Ads
Sofong

Re: Howling Gorge Flags

Post#22 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:13 pm

Collision wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:39 pm
billyk wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:18 pm
Akilinus wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:00 pm How does king of the hill favour destro exactly?
Destro has stronger classes. Yesterday I've seen 2-2-2 Order premades get wiped all day lol.
If destro classes are better why do they lose 85% of their city atm ?
had a guy in destru/ad whinning about losing scs, he said he read on the forum ppl say destru have better classes so he play destru now losing every sc.... lmao

Detangler

Post#23 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:10 pm

Meliannia wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:56 pm
Detangler wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:41 am
Meliannia wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:12 pm ...king of hill favours destro as it doesnt require splitting up or tactical changes of plan...
Yes, all Destro players are filthy clickers that only like to pew pew what is in front of them, and all Order players are tactical geniuses that sleep with Sun Tzu's teachings at their bedside. Perfect explanation for why Destro outperforms you consistently when you solo pug all day.

"trigger your enemy into irrational hysterical rage. That's the Art of War."
- Sun Tzu.
Okaaaay?? You think you've made me mad? Lol no. I think that you are continually painting large swaths of the playerbase with ridiculous assumptions that all destro players are dumb but use OP classes and all order players are smart and fight handicapped, and it makes you look like an idiot. There are quite a variety of players on both sides and various levels of skill on each. Stop saying stupid stuff. Skill and coordination matter more.

Does order need one more good melee aoe option? Yes. Are the power gaps so insurmountable that you stand no chance? No, they are surprisingly even overall. Players skill and (for emphasis once again) COORDINATION matter more. Stop saying stupid stuff.

If you don't like getting stomped while pugging, group up. You'll win more. I promise you.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Meliannia

Post#24 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:50 pm

yes i think you are mad, irrational and dont actually read anything properly due to being overly emotional.

do you have a difficulty processing information? ive told you 15 times (fifteen times) this is not about pugs or premades or destro or order.
it's about the king of the hill scens favouring premades to such a a degree is not even slightly competitive.
king of hill is usually 500-0 37-0 destro farm the king of the hill events 3 days non stop 120k renown per hr fast wins no real effort or thought needed, all pile middle and stay there destroying all, thats no good for the game , same 2 FMJ premades in there 100 games per day 3 days straight, im aware you dont like to think beyond yourself and consider the wider community and you are the self >all mentality, so it is going to be hard trying to get through to you any other outlook. But i shall endeavour to try. I have no issue with King of the hill, im merely stating it just favours the a one sided 500-0 obilteration in 3mins flat

BUT when the event scens is multiple base or flag run, its 500-360 and 22-13 , much closer and more fun and competitive, . yes im aware u dont want people to have fun and u dont want scens between two teams to be competitive u want a faceroll obliteration non stop all day long. I get this. But it is treu that Multiple base scens destro struggle at these as it requires splitting up using map checking battle position every 30 secs and adjusting accordingly, it totally goes against the premade centre blob tactic. that's why premades lose these scens, but at least the losing team can put in a great effort and do well, that's why destro premades dont farm these scens for 3 days because they cant, because the games are close and competitive often 10minutes and many times destro lose because they wont split up and take bases and keep moving. FMJ premades nowhere. to be seen. These other scens still favour a premade (so no change frm king of the hill) but the losing team does really well and get rewarded for bases flags, kills all over map , its a much closer scen. Nobody (destro or order) gets stomped 500-0 47-0 in 4mins. people can give their best on both sides and get rewarded accordingly, unlike king of the hill where you cant do jack in the scen.

i appreciate that's why u dont want things to change , why you just want king of the hill for all eternity, coz u dont want 10min scens where u may actually be killed and lose. You see it as lost time and lost renown, That's fair enough that's your opinion you want to win 10 scens in a row 500-0 47-0 stompings. Me? id rather lose 5 490-500and win 5 500-490 in epic close games, than win 10 500-0 or lose 10 0-500 coz i think this is more healthy for the player base and the game and on a personal level too for satisfaction/challenge.

Me? Im happy for there to be king of hill, multiple base scens, and flag runs, variety is good, let the premades have their weekend of slaughter, but then lets move the next week to another scen type where the premade will be pushed hard and may even lose if they camp mid all game trying to farm kills, while the other team take the other 2 bases and get a few kills.

In conclusion i will try to be clear so you don't go into defcom3 hysterics again:
Im not against premades, let premades band together and do their best, that's what the games about.
for me it is about a variety of scens being chosen. Im not against king of the hill, (but king of the hill all the time every single week i am against)
if the GMs chose multiple base scens for 6 weeks straight even tho that would benefit me and majority of players id say 'hey what about the poor destro premades? they need king of the hill back!', coz im fair minded, this is all this is about being fair-minded and balanced. You see now?

A bit worrying you are so avidly against competition, close games, variety and fair mindedness.
Now please, move on.

Detangler

Post#25 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:32 am

lol dont act like you know anything about me. i do want competition. i like close games. the few city fights were it was a back and forth slugfest were by far more fun than the one sided snooze fests that most cities are (and i've been on both sides of that plenty of times). the times i join some random /5 scenario group and we go up against another premade are some of the best fights this game has to offer, where neither side can get the upper hand and its 15 minutes duking it out.

if you didnt take the time to look at my signature or bother to note whenever you see me out in the game, the only real toon i play now is past needing renown and past needing gear. who gives a crap if i'm RR83 or 87? it changes nothing. i dont have the time to put that much into this game anymore. i have zero drive to grind up another toon.

since it seems you are too busy accusing me of "not wanting competition" or whatever, i will highlight again what it is i have a problem with you constantly stating on these forums.

"..king of hill favours destro as it doesnt require splitting up or tactical changes of plan..."

When you make a statement like this, you insinuate that order players are somehow smart, and destro players are somehow dumber on average. that is a ridiculous statement. there are players of all walks of life on both sides. there as many kill-hungry order players that ignore objectives as there are destro. you just dont see them because you are blinded by your bias.

take the time, and read it again. realize where you are wrong.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#26 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:09 pm

I think that's enough with this topic since it's turning to a salty 1v1 keyboard war.