Recent Topics

Ads

Punishment of the Pugs

Let's talk about... everything else
Drednes

Re: Punishment of the Pugs

Post#61 » Wed May 05, 2021 8:33 am

arorwne wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:32 pm
Drednes wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:36 pm you can clown around as a pug doing dps am at lvl 20 or whatever else the "free spirit" clowns on this server do but nothing is stopping any sane normal human from joining any of the 6-7 guilds that are advertised daily
pugs are the big sack of **** organised warbands throw at the enemy so they can do the zone winning moves
solo is its own thing and god help you in killing anything solo especially a dok or wp but if you join a open wb and you 1. dont follow the lead 2.dont do your role 3. you ignore advice from people who know the game alot better and played alot longer then you are the problem.
Maybe people don't want to (over)commit?
commit-overcommit? doing the basics in something isnt a commitment nor is joining a video game guild a job or work or project you have to commit
if you suck and cant do basics then leave and be a pug...that cant do basics
Or if you see that you can and actually want to play the game and do something all the more better plus you found organised people to play with,a win for everyone

Ads
Amdus

Post#62 » Thu May 06, 2021 1:04 pm

The inherent problem atleast in destro side isn't pugs at all. For the past two days pugs have been pushing zones alone, doing all the dirty job (carrying boxes) from 0 to 2-3 stars by themselves. Just so the self-procclaimed organized wb's come in, spawn a ram, fail the siege and leave.

Why do they fail so many sieges? Well if you have played destro for as long as I've played it, you'll quickly notice that most of those organized wb leaders are pathological egomaniacs that have no problem sabotaging the efforts of others unless they can claim all the credit for themselves. This little village closed mindset is what hurts destro the most, not pugs. I've seen it quite often that they refuse to tackle posterns or help the siege and instead they grief the entire faction on 1/ region, just because a warband of pugs has been raising the keep to 2 stars and spawned a ram without their "consent".

Not to mention that this mentality is really good if your interest is to lower the server population by discouraging any new comer to participate in the realm activities and openly call them trash, or that it would be much better if they weren't playing. Sometimes I wonder if you want the server to die out. I can give you a long list of private servers where these sort of attitudes ended up in decommissions.

PuG wins lead to friendship, friendship lead to true guilds where individuals share a common goal, not guilds with applications and taxes above 30%. Those are often the guilds of the little self-proclaimed overlords on both factions that their ego doesn't fit through the door; That shamelessly slander everyone else thinking they are the angular stone of their faction, but let's see how much fun will they have if the population lowers thanks to their rude, impertinent and arrogant attitude. It is much better to be nice to those around you, as far as I know it's in the rules, something that unfortunately most WB self proclaimed "legends" fail to do, quite often, to not say on a daily basis. It just takes one region chat to prove what I'm saying.

I would like anyone to tell me how does it benefit the community to shoo away new and casual players by calling them a problem, trash or any of the like.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#63 » Thu May 06, 2021 2:11 pm

Drednes wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:33 am
arorwne wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:32 pm
Drednes wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:36 pm you can clown around as a pug doing dps am at lvl 20 or whatever else the "free spirit" clowns on this server do but nothing is stopping any sane normal human from joining any of the 6-7 guilds that are advertised daily
pugs are the big sack of **** organised warbands throw at the enemy so they can do the zone winning moves
solo is its own thing and god help you in killing anything solo especially a dok or wp but if you join a open wb and you 1. dont follow the lead 2.dont do your role 3. you ignore advice from people who know the game alot better and played alot longer then you are the problem.
Maybe people don't want to (over)commit?
commit-overcommit? doing the basics in something isnt a commitment nor is joining a video game guild a job or work or project you have to commit
if you suck and cant do basics then leave and be a pug...that cant do basics
Or if you see that you can and actually want to play the game and do something all the more better plus you found organised people to play with,a win for everyone
Not everyone sees it as that though. Some people hate that nagging feeling of "I have to log in because my guild", they'd rather "log in because I'm bored" or "because I just want to". See the different motivations?

Guilds, by their very definition and existence are a commitment of sorts.

Akalukz

Post#64 » Thu May 06, 2021 2:30 pm

Yeah it cracks me up when i see "leaders" call out in /2 "ok solo tryhards and people that don't know how to play, can you please cover the postern." Ummm....nope. I believe most pugs/solo could care less about city or forts, as they are trash content, that puts them in unfair battles where they have no chance of winning (or very very slim) They like to flip zones, because that is where they get there gear (bags) not forts and cities. the time commitment for a city to get 2 or 3 invaders (royals) is not worth it honestly for a lot of us.
-= Agony =-

Martok

Post#65 » Thu May 06, 2021 6:01 pm

Amdus wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:04 pmThe inherent problem at least in destro side isn't pugs at all. For the past two days pugs have been pushing zones alone, doing all the dirty job (carrying boxes) from 0 to 2-3 stars by themselves. Just so the self-procclaimed organized wb's come in, spawn a ram, fail the siege and leave.

Why do they fail so many sieges? Well if you have played destro for as long as I've played it, you'll quickly notice that most of those organized wb leaders are pathological egomaniacs that have no problem sabotaging the efforts of others unless they can claim all the credit for themselves. This little village closed mindset is what hurts destro the most, not pugs. I've seen it quite often that they refuse to tackle posterns or help the siege and instead they grief the entire faction on 1/ region, just because a warband of pugs has been raising the keep to 2 stars and spawned a ram without their "consent".

Not to mention that this mentality is really good if your interest is to lower the server population by discouraging any new comer to participate in the realm activities and openly call them trash, or that it would be much better if they weren't playing. Sometimes I wonder if you want the server to die out. I can give you a long list of private servers where these sort of attitudes ended up in decommissions.

PuG wins lead to friendship, friendship lead to true guilds where individuals share a common goal, not guilds with applications and taxes above 30%. Those are often the guilds of the little self-proclaimed overlords on both factions that their ego doesn't fit through the door; That shamelessly slander everyone else thinking they are the angular stone of their faction, but let's see how much fun will they have if the population lowers thanks to their rude, impertinent and arrogant attitude. It is much better to be nice to those around you, as far as I know it's in the rules, something that unfortunately most WB self proclaimed "legends" fail to do, quite often, to not say on a daily basis. It just takes one region chat to prove what I'm saying.

I would like anyone to tell me how does it benefit the community to shoo away new and casual players by calling them a problem, trash or any of the like.

A reasoned response to this post would seem to provide the perfect opportunity for one of our benevolent Realm Champions to come in and attempt to sow some harmony and goodwill, to attempt to reassure the population at large that new players are welcome here and their retention is important to the overall health and welfare of the server, that the efforts of those who form and run PUG warbands is both beneficial and appreciated. But I won't hold my breath.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

marafado
Suspended

Post#66 » Thu May 06, 2021 6:03 pm

city is the place to get royals, follow the ror reward system.
ok boys, 1srt check the the zerg side (last patch offer that), and join the win side, dont be shy the pros doit all the time.
make sure you have 2 accounts :) 90 min lock on faction dont give royals

marafado
Suspended

Post#67 » Thu May 06, 2021 6:24 pm

was a time in ror when very good and special friends receive a summon to "magic island" to equip a proper friend gear, not sure if this summons still up!

if you do not get the summon, you need to make better friends or play the reward sistem :)

staliniumman

Post#68 » Thu May 06, 2021 6:50 pm

as someone who literally just joined and was taking a brief peek at recent discussions in case there were any devastating issues, this sort of attitude and language absolutely keeps away new players. before I saw some more recent responses, i was considering just throwing the whole thing away if it was that much of a toxic time commitment.

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#69 » Thu May 06, 2021 7:17 pm

staliniumman wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:50 pm as someone who literally just joined and was taking a brief peek at recent discussions in case there were any devastating issues, this sort of attitude and language absolutely keeps away new players. before I saw some more recent responses, i was considering just throwing the whole thing away if it was that much of a toxic time commitment.
There is a lithmus paper for this. Try saying "I play RoR for PvE" or something to that effect in game. Be ready for a literal downpour of "you noob / carebear". Even though there isn't any other Warhammer Fantasy RPG of even third the size of WAR.

Look, WAR's community has always been as it is. Rather abrasive and exclusive(I personally try to be abrasive{free speaking as I put it} and inclusive), that's nothing new.

But RoR team has done a bloody job of not only keeping it alive, but also improved. It's a good server imo.

staliniumman

Post#70 » Thu May 06, 2021 8:00 pm

yeah, im def giving it a try, esp after i looked into the pve elements. just seems like a lot of the usual hypercompetitive pvpers that like to feel superior that mmos tend to suffer from