Re: Punishment of the Pugs

Post#41 » Mon May 03, 2021 5:05 pm

Is this a new meme thread?
Spoiler:

Ads
Martok

Post#42 » Mon May 03, 2021 5:45 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:05 amEh who cares about words. Play the game and ignore words imo.

Next time you stream, don't say anything.

tazdingo wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:03 pmsolo/pug is fine... i too am put off when i'm invited to a guild and the first thing they do is point me to an incredibly strict cookie cutter class and build guide.

But, but...do your job and stuff, you have important work to do here, don't be selfish be the four-button class we all want you to be otherwise we shall taunt you a second time!

EDIT: For those perhaps unable to tell the above line is satire in the form of sarcasm and in actuality I couldn't agree with tazdingo more.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

arorwne
Suspended

Post#43 » Mon May 03, 2021 6:10 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:05 am
arorwne wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:01 am
Toshutkidup wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:57 am As a person that started to solo @RR53 and is now RR91 I will give my POV insight. I actually feel several changes have BENEFITED solo players. Biggest is when they removed malice calc in 1v1 fights. 2nd shards ( invader or royal) many people know I quit all cities on all my toon in April 2020 and this shard system helped me a lot. They also removed penalty in SC’s to gain rr pts, so that’s another win. So I don’t see my self quit the solo game anytime soon. Do Devs / GM’s support solo players.. eh not really but honestly how can they and I think changes have already been made that helped us / me a lot already so I’m fine with it.
Again, it is not about what it is, but how it is presented. Devs used rather aggressive words(=solo / pugs are a "problem" etc). Without that, I don't think half of this discussion would be had.

Eh who cares about words. Play the game and ignore words imo.
Those words define the reality and the future of the server, so...yeah, who cares?

zulnam

Post#44 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:50 pm

If we were paying customers i couldn't agree more. Whether a player joins groups or pugs everyone should find some enjoyment. I couldn't imagine the head of a community management team in a professional studio calling that side of the playerbase a problem, even if he thought so. It's the kind of thing people can lose jobs over.

Sadly, we do not pay so it's hard to argue much on anything. Resources are limited and the devs cannot be faulted for making the game in their image when they are literally the people holding the project alive with their undying passion and bits of string. They put in the time, they dictate the direction. Simple as that.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#45 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:44 pm

Pugs are a problem.

You can fix the problem by making pugs your friends.

What an awful take to have. :)
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

arorwne
Suspended

Post#46 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:03 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:44 pm Pugs are a problem.

Your terseness doesn't do you any favors here. So, let me ask:

1. What do you mean by "pugs are a problem"?
2. If they are a colloquial use of "problem", how does making them your friends fix anything? It's like you're broke and you go and do a "feel good" activity(booze, sex etc). It does not fix the problem, it simply sweeps it under.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#47 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:17 pm

arorwne wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:03 pm

2. If they are a colloquial use of "problem", how does making them your friends fix anything? It's like you're broke and you go and do a "feel good" activity(booze, sex etc). It does not fix the problem, it simply sweeps it under.
I mean they're bad people that should be shunned and removed from the server at all costs.

Making them your friend (someone you play with regularly in a more organized fashion) removes their status of Pug, thus removing them from the server.

Mission accomplished.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

arorwne
Suspended

Post#48 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:21 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:17 pm
arorwne wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:03 pm

I mean they're bad people that should be shunned and removed from the server at all costs.

Making them your friend (someone you play with regularly in a more organized fashion) removes their status of Pug, thus removing them from the server.

Mission accomplished.
I see, it is a category change. But that's just it, you're simply renaming a thing. The mentality of people will remain unchanged and you have simply changed the label of "a" to "b". Further, they could bring you down, corrupt you and make you into a pugger too.

Also, why should they be removed and why are they bad? Are these only your thoughts or of devs in general?

Ads
Evilest

Post#49 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:23 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:42 pm You get contribution for... contributing to the RvR campaign. The specifics aren't listed because there are a lot of ways you generate contribution, and we didn't want to list exactly what they are so people would focus less on ticking off a checklist and more on playing the game naturally. This doesn't have any specific impact on pugs.
It does. Quoting the rather ancient Munger, "'show me the incentives and I'll show you the outcome".

Earlier we had two tanks in a pug wb party. After much insisting, they only started to guard when they were asked if were aware that protection most likely gives contribution. Then they started to cross guard each other rather than the melees or healers on the bridge, but hey, it's a start.

Established groups (ie guilds, etc so non pugs) will inevitably, due to experience, know what works better towards contribution (and in cases abuse it vs pugs like sending them off to the library or convincing people to rearrange parties to their rr/contrib benefit which pugs won't necessarily be aware of).

anarchypark

Post#50 » Tue May 04, 2021 1:49 am

pugs are basically leechers.
you join pug to get heals for free,
to use others as fodder,
while you provide almost nothing to them.

bring any excuses, work, life, wife, kids etc no matter, you're leeching.
who should be punished when two fight,
ppl putting efforts to group or lazy leeching solo pug ?

it sucks when premade stomps noobs. i agree that.
it's competition. you only have 1 choice.
put equal efforts and fight back.
lower tolerance level and ignore differences to kill common enemy.

often those premades are nothing but easy farmers.
when farming gets little bit harder, suddenly something happens.
guild appointment, wife aggro, dinner or simply times up.
some even try dodging.

win or lose enemy premade will disappear when your premade fight back.
after that, you can go back to happy solo life.

thru that you learned who's unreliable, who's comrades.
it may help next grouping.
also it's better learning course than pug.

one remaining issue, there're not enough tank/heal support. tons of leftover dps.
well.. don't be bad, get in guild i guess.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)