Recent Topics

Ads

Punishment of the Pugs

Let's talk about... everything else
CountTalabecland

Re: Punishment of the Pugs

Post#51 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:04 pm

Objection to OP’s initial argument.

He said that “recently” 120 Order were online with no pug bands and then pointed to this a new issue with morale/incentive to grp.

This is not a new problem/occurence. Like everything with Order, we have always had a large pop that wants to roll the most grp dependent RDPS classes and then run solo with no guard/heal. Then they get mad at devs when they suck.

Either play better solo classes or have a grp/guild with regular tanks/healers. But this has been a player mentality problem for 12 yrs so it won’t change.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
marafado
Suspended

Post#52 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:27 pm

about almost a year ago i joined a very "social and pro" guild to try this ror (xrealmer) playstyle :)

i know the guild was a xrealmer, but anyways lets see how will works, some officer tell they just come to destro side and they will still on destro for 3/4 months, ok lets see :) after a few weeks come an mara nerf, and the guild moves to order.

carlos

Post#53 » Tue May 04, 2021 2:31 pm

arorwne wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:01 am
Toshutkidup wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:57 am As a person that started to solo @RR53 and is now RR91 I will give my POV insight. I actually feel several changes have BENEFITED solo players. Biggest is when they removed malice calc in 1v1 fights. 2nd shards ( invader or royal) many people know I quit all cities on all my toon in April 2020 and this shard system helped me a lot. They also removed penalty in SC’s to gain rr pts, so that’s another win. So I don’t see my self quit the solo game anytime soon. Do Devs / GM’s support solo players.. eh not really but honestly how can they and I think changes have already been made that helped us / me a lot already so I’m fine with it.
Again, it is not about what it is, but how it is presented. Devs used rather aggressive words(=solo / pugs are a "problem" etc). Without that, I don't think half of this discussion would be had.
Maybe play the game instead of the forum could be a good thing for the ppl that are sensetive?
Starfkr

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#54 » Tue May 04, 2021 3:14 pm

Reading material

Warbander's Handbook
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Bozzax

Post#55 » Tue May 04, 2021 4:05 pm

Spoiler:
Unfair 100% put ot on bugtracker
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Paxsanarion

Post#56 » Tue May 04, 2021 4:30 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:14 pm Reading material

Warbander's Handbook
Very good read!

arorwne
Suspended

Post#57 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:06 pm

Paxsanarion wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:30 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:14 pm Reading material

Warbander's Handbook
Very good read!
Come on, that's obvious. But good luck coordinating most people to use these tactics. I managed to do it once, but it's really exhausting, let me tell you that!

Drednes

Post#58 » Tue May 04, 2021 10:36 pm

you can clown around as a pug doing dps am at lvl 20 or whatever else the "free spirit" clowns on this server do but nothing is stopping any sane normal human from joining any of the 6-7 guilds that are advertised daily
pugs are the big sack of **** organised warbands throw at the enemy so they can do the zone winning moves
solo is its own thing and god help you in killing anything solo especially a dok or wp but if you join a open wb and you 1. dont follow the lead 2.dont do your role 3. you ignore advice from people who know the game alot better and played alot longer then you are the problem.

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#59 » Tue May 04, 2021 11:32 pm

Drednes wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:36 pm you can clown around as a pug doing dps am at lvl 20 or whatever else the "free spirit" clowns on this server do but nothing is stopping any sane normal human from joining any of the 6-7 guilds that are advertised daily
pugs are the big sack of **** organised warbands throw at the enemy so they can do the zone winning moves
solo is its own thing and god help you in killing anything solo especially a dok or wp but if you join a open wb and you 1. dont follow the lead 2.dont do your role 3. you ignore advice from people who know the game alot better and played alot longer then you are the problem.
Maybe people don't want to (over)commit?

Sulorie

Post#60 » Wed May 05, 2021 12:16 am

arorwne wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:32 pm
Drednes wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:36 pm you can clown around as a pug doing dps am at lvl 20 or whatever else the "free spirit" clowns on this server do but nothing is stopping any sane normal human from joining any of the 6-7 guilds that are advertised daily
Maybe people don't want to (over)commit?
Just doing basics is hardly "overcommit". Anyone can play as they like but people should accept the outcome. When you pug, you will lose significantly more often. Deal with it.
Dying is no option.