Recent Topics

Ads

Sorc & BW RANKED SOLO

Let's talk about... everything else
MedV

Sorc & BW RANKED SOLO

Post#1 » Tue May 04, 2021 2:40 pm

So now that Ranked has become the new "cool thing" can we discuss class builds/tactics/rr/gear when playing ranked as these classes.
I know these are prob some of the worst classes to join ranked but a good player can make anything work.

For Sorc I like added Absorb Vitality to my rotation as it gives me a bit more sustain.
Tactics the easy 3 are Endless Knowledge, VOD, SOD but ive been playing around with Frozen Fury as the 75% increase works for the whole team meaning

4(players) * .25 * 200dps = 200 dmg a second
4(players) * .75 * 200dps = 600 dmg a second

Not sure if the math is perfect but would think that could make a big difference when bursting someone.

What other ideas do you guys have for making these classes work in ranked? (Im no expert)
The King.

Ads
geezereur

Re: Sorc & BW RANKED SOLO

Post#2 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:45 pm

MedV wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:40 pm So now that Ranked has become the new "cool thing" can we discuss class builds/tactics/rr/gear when playing ranked as these classes.
I know these are prob some of the worst classes to join ranked but a good player can make anything work.

For Sorc I like added Absorb Vitality to my rotation as it gives me a bit more sustain.
Tactics the easy 3 are Endless Knowledge, VOD, SOD but ive been playing around with Frozen Fury as the 75% increase works for the whole team meaning

Not sure if the math is perfect but would think that could make a big difference when bursting someone.

What other ideas do you guys have for making these classes work in ranked? (Im no expert)
I think Frozen Fury tactic only adds 50% and thats only to yourself, I think they changed that in some patch long time ago,

cimator

Post#3 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:48 pm

MedV wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:40 pm So now that Ranked has become the new "cool thing" can we discuss class builds/tactics/rr/gear when playing ranked as these classes.

Frozen fury and BW's mirror only works for yourself. Was changed couple years ago

Edit: I added it to bugtracker. https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/18946
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

lyncher12

Post#4 » Tue May 04, 2021 10:29 pm

both these classes suck and it doesn't matter how good you are individually. save yourself the time and frustration.

wonshot

Post#5 » Wed May 05, 2021 7:44 am

Brightwizard & Sorc, in soloQ.. :D

You can make them work, and the whole match pretty much will evolve around just you when you queue on one of these.
If it was just yet an other melee ball vs melee ball matchup the fight would evolve around superpunts, targetswaps and healdebuffs plus welltimes knockdown or staggers.
But when one of the backloaded mages enters the arena, the whole match will shift into not letting the caster freecast. Clense dots asap, chase them down, pop absorbshield when the WoP/BB is about to tick, and in general things are more chaotic.

The classes can see succes, but honestly it feel like the succes depend on what teamcomps you end up with, if your team understand how to peel for you, and if the enemy team will make mistakes.
It is just such a gamle to queue on these right now, because of how many factors are not really in your own hands. You can prekite well, do your rotation on the correct target, but eventually you might just run out of space to kite, or the enemy have enough tools to catch you.. and poof the you find yourself pretty much dead.

Some matches the enemy will kill the mage, and then proceed to push near the warcamp where the backloaded burst is more accesable from safety and there can be a turn around kill.
But bypassing all of these factors, just to get a glimse of belonging in soloQ. doesnt seem worth it to most I guess.
Some will still do it for the challenge, I personally would not like to put my teammates in the situation of having to play with a Brightwizard.

As for builds.
going the standard scenario build seem to be the trend and just hope you enter a good match with decent teamcomps (hard when you queue on order bw as you will face alot of rsh)
I tried making a casttime reduction CQ build with undefendable fireballs, but the setback and you being a clothie still makes you too squishy no matter how you spec. To the point of you might aswel just bring an other class or go standard.
Also been theory crafting a morale pump slightly more wounds heavy build trying to stall for M4 burning head and add that on top of if you finally get a rotation off and drop M4 as if you were an engineer with canonsmash. But again, you might aswel queue as engineer and be more durable with acces to CC.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Whyumadbro

Post#6 » Wed May 05, 2021 10:00 am

sorc and bw needs a blink ability and over night sorc/bw will be amazing in rankeds

baryl

Post#7 » Wed May 05, 2021 10:19 am

There should be a 6vs6vs6 option available for ranked (Wrath Of Heroes style), that would make Sorc and BW more viable.

bcapozzi3

Post#8 » Fri May 07, 2021 12:58 pm

Kite and use instants. Solo queue will at least always match you against another ranged class. Still an uphill battle.
~Renn Hoek

Ads