Recent Topics

Ads

Addressing the 90 min Elephant in the room.

Let's talk about... everything else
Evilspinnre

Re: Addressing the 90 min Elephant in the room.

Post#111 » Sun May 09, 2021 5:48 pm

For weeks order took empty keeps and forts during NA primetime with forts being 150v50. For as long as I've known Rowan he has played on the side with AAO, to fight against underwhelming number. FoW has started playing destro as well. The whole "xrealming" thing is a clutch used by bad players to explain why they're losing. It's definitely not because they've spent weeks taking empty keeps and have no idea how to play the game properly.

Regarding the lockout timer for forts, I think it's stupid. What Bombling said earlier was correct - Rowan had a destro WB and pushed city. He then wanted to form on Order but couldn't with the lockout. We ended up with 4 instances - 1 organised order wb and 3 pug ones, vs 3 organised destro wb's and a pug one. Had Rowan been able to form on order the city would have been more balanced with 2 organised wb's on both sides.

tl;dr - if you cry "xrealmer", you're a baddie.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Ads
Mordd

Post#112 » Sun May 09, 2021 5:51 pm

Brew wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:21 pm
Mordd wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:57 am

At least Brew is honest. He doesnt care what the devs want or what other want. Play how he wants and farm gear. I really hate to say it but it sounds like he would be much happier in a gear grind game like WoW than in a ORVR game.
I play wow and then. Gear gets replaced every 2 months or so. The gear grind is unrewarding, empty and meaningless. And the pvp is absolutely gated to a point where the people you play with to get 2200 rating with are not the people you play with to push past that. Also world pvp barely exists. And there are no actual rivalries because you rarely see the same players twice unless you are near the top of the 3v3 ladder.
So are you changing your position? You said the game is about gear grinding not rvr or pvp. But you dont like wow because things like world pvp barely exists. So you come here promote killing the world pvp here?

Rydiak

Post#113 » Sun May 09, 2021 5:57 pm

Evilspinnre wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:48 pm For weeks order took empty keeps and forts during NA primetime with forts being 150v50. For as long as I've known Rowan he has played on the side with AAO, to fight against underwhelming number. FoW has started playing destro as well. The whole "xrealming" thing is a clutch used by bad players to explain why they're losing. It's definitely not because they've spent weeks taking empty keeps and have no idea how to play the game properly.
Right, this is exactly what this change was trying to fix. People logging on Order, zerging down Forts to push IC, and then logging on Destro to defend IC and reap the Royal Crests. Sounds like it is working as intended.
Regarding the lockout timer for forts, I think it's stupid. What Bombling said earlier was correct - Rowan had a destro WB and pushed city. He then wanted to form on Order but couldn't with the lockout. We ended up with 4 instances - 1 organised order wb and 3 pug ones, vs 3 organised destro wb's and a pug one. Had Rowan been able to form on order the city would have been more balanced with 2 organised wb's on both sides.
Sounds like the system worked then.
Ad hominem attacks win all arguments, or so I've heard on the internet.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Mordd

Post#114 » Sun May 09, 2021 6:00 pm

Evilspinnre wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:48 pm For weeks order took empty keeps and forts during NA primetime with forts being 150v50. For as long as I've known Rowan he has played on the side with AAO, to fight against underwhelming number. FoW has started playing destro as well. The whole "xrealming" thing is a clutch used by bad players to explain why they're losing. It's definitely not because they've spent weeks taking empty keeps and have no idea how to play the game properly.

Rowan and the others are upset because they pve'd keeps on the zerg side with 60%+ population and then couldnt relog and didnt get a city pop. The solution is simple. If you want to play the zerg side just dont go to the last fort. If you are only talking a couple of players the 150 vs 50 would still be 140 vs 50, Even if a whole WB leaves it would be 125 and a few more might actually show up to defend then. You might actually get a fight.

Brew

Post#115 » Sun May 09, 2021 6:02 pm

Mordd wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:51 pm
Brew wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:21 pm
Mordd wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:57 am

At least Brew is honest. He doesnt care what the devs want or what other want. Play how he wants and farm gear. I really hate to say it but it sounds like he would be much happier in a gear grind game like WoW than in a ORVR game.
I play wow and then. Gear gets replaced every 2 months or so. The gear grind is unrewarding, empty and meaningless. And the pvp is absolutely gated to a point where the people you play with to get 2200 rating with are not the people you play with to push past that. Also world pvp barely exists. And there are no actual rivalries because you rarely see the same players twice unless you are near the top of the 3v3 ladder.
So are you changing your position? You said the game is about gear grinding not rvr or pvp. But you dont like wow because things like world pvp barely exists. So you come here promote killing the world pvp here?
I said this game is a gear grind. I said city was endgame. That has nothing to do with how much I enjoy rvr, which I do.
<Art Supplies>

Brew

Post#116 » Sun May 09, 2021 6:09 pm

Order pushes IC almost every night during NA time for months and now destro gets Altdorf a couple times with the help of some people who decided to not do 2 star IC for the 100th time and all of a sudden Rowan and company are "zerg surfing" XD
<Art Supplies>

Rydiak

Post#117 » Sun May 09, 2021 6:13 pm

Order pushed IC almost every night because you had guilds that would push IC en masse on Order and then switch to Destro to defend IC and reap the rewards. It's funny that many of the same people who did this are now complaining that Order is too dominant.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Brew

Post#118 » Sun May 09, 2021 6:27 pm

Good thing they would switch so we could get more city instances. Everybody wins. In my opinion order isn't dominant, IC just got pushed more during NA time it seemed. You get better chance of a good fight if you do city as order though, that's for sure.
<Art Supplies>

Ads
nonfactor

Post#119 » Sun May 09, 2021 6:54 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:13 pm Order pushed IC almost every night because you had guilds that would push IC en masse on Order and then switch to Destro to defend IC and reap the rewards. It's funny that many of the same people who did this are now complaining that Order is too dominant.
I do not see the problem no matter which side does it. How is that a bad thing?

Phantasm

Post#120 » Sun May 09, 2021 6:57 pm

nonfactor wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:54 pm
Rydiak wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:13 pm Order pushed IC almost every night because you had guilds that would push IC en masse on Order and then switch to Destro to defend IC and reap the rewards. It's funny that many of the same people who did this are now complaining that Order is too dominant.
I do not see the problem no matter which side does it. How is that a bad thing?
The problem is with little ppl you take in praag and drop at Maw left alone looking for solo Q.