Recent Topics

Ads

Addressing the 90 min Elephant in the room.

Let's talk about... everything else
Rydiak

Re: Addressing the 90 min Elephant in the room.

Post#61 » Sat May 08, 2021 5:51 pm

Brew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:47 pm
Qorth wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:11 pm
I think this is exactly what the change is meant to address - purposeful circumvention of game mechanics.
What game mechanics are being circumvented?
Cross-realming?
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
Wam

Post#62 » Sat May 08, 2021 5:55 pm

so let me get this correct

You prefer the old system where order pushed empty zones 3-1 and there was 2 star ic everyday? and destro was effectively throwing forts something many players got threatened with bans for mentioning in region chat in the past (but are effectively doing with actions or lack of with third floor defenses and not contesting)

as for people who are so short sighted despite plenty of experience (its kinda sad to be honest to be that biased in opinion) MOMENTUM CHANGES SIDE, some people LOG the underdog, eventually they stop the attacker and momentum switches, they then push and keep on pushing until there is a drastic error which again causes another switch in momentum and people stop / swap sides... Its hard to believe how naive people with over 10 hours experience in orvr, and some here have hundreds if not thousands of hours of experience yet stick their head in sand and don't acknowledge poor design choices of game because it doesnt personally effect their style of play in the game, they dont care about general health of the server lmao very sad.

More action, and more organised is better for health of server... justifying poor design choices is very strange as we all know forts and the que system is the weaker part of the game. Forts are boring turgid gameplay compared to other aspects of the game where it blossoms and shines like it should and why the majority of players are here...

In a thread not so long ago you are telling people to get organised... they get organised then they get overlooked, a few days ago FOW fought hard and pushed hard for minimum of 6 hours, for 5 star altdorf, they didnt get pop, last night another group pushed hard for 4 hours atleast and didnt get pop... instead people who log in, (or people who dont bother to attend forts can swap sides) and you get in before groups... so instead of organised in city, you want random afk leach in city with more turgid random gameplay, this is what this change is effectively saying and embracing.

Eventually you will kill desire of organised groups, and it will go back to boring 3-1 push city every day (pure zerging) but you think x realming to balance population is the problem ? LMAO... I never understand this mentality, a few years ago with less anti x realm mechanics the server was better despite all the toxicity and drama that came from other areas of the game, it was more fun because you can generate your own action and chase the renown / action as underdog... unless you only played one side and roleplayed heavily and actually believed the other side is evil incarnate like some posters seem to think instead of just actual other players just like you and your teammates lol.

NA destro gets reinvigorated thanks to SF/FOW/Pride swapping for fun and balance at times, so EWG are not all alone being zerged... then you implement a change like this, but for the longest time it was okay for order to push NA uncontested forts that was thrown

Also grunbe why you not mention TUP? 8-)
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Neflak

Post#63 » Sat May 08, 2021 5:58 pm

Would be nice if lockouts were longer and people were more locked in to one side or another for a long period imo. If you want to do city on a certain char then push for city on that char, don't swap to whatever realm has the best pugs/guilds at that exact moment then swap to said char. "oh look destro is 55% pop lets push city there and then swap to order for city"

Wam

Post#64 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:08 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:51 pm
Brew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:47 pm
Qorth wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:11 pm
I think this is exactly what the change is meant to address - purposeful circumvention of game mechanics.
What game mechanics are being circumvented?
Cross-realming?
Why do you have the mentality that cross-realming = bad?

You want everyone to be on the same realm and just zerg? you know many people go to the underdog to chase renown and FIGHTS

With a small player pool of population, the ability to swap sides helps improve the server... you realise how many characters ive leveld both sides and pve'd with? the more people who do this the more content there is, thus thriving server for our population.

X-realm usually generates more action, more active server = good ... do people not remember the dark times before t2-t3-t4 merging or only have short memories? Order was dead, I took my guild to the other side to help them out, its not easy to play both sides as it requires twice the effort... yet x realming is bad? There is plenty of other groups willing to play both sides for better action and balance, from 6 mans to larger. I remember Wom/VII doing this, and some pug leaders also. ORVR is the bread and butter of server, more action is good but seems like some people want only their own realm to be stacked to zerg for ez gains.

Rydiak

Post#65 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:10 pm

Right, but this particular issue involves pushing the attack on a city just to turn around and defend it.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ronald

Post#66 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:11 pm

When city is 24 v 24, I don't think it counts as helping "the underdog" when you swap to them just for city. If you are pushing a city, you should not be the one defending it...

Brew

Post#67 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:12 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:10 pm Right, but this particular issue involves pushing the attack on a city just to turn around and defend it.
It's a gear grind not a attack and defense. Understand that.
<Art Supplies>

Wam

Post#68 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:16 pm

Neflak wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:58 pm Would be nice if lockouts were longer and people were more locked in to one side or another for a long period imo. If you want to do city on a certain char then push for city on that char, don't swap to whatever realm has the best pugs/guilds at that exact moment then swap to said char. "oh look destro is 55% pop lets push city there and then swap to order for city"
you can be pushing a side for hours, then have a massive influx of population join you in combination of other side giving up... you do the heavy lifting then you also get punished for it and the system is designed to cuck you... but its also stopping other players from getting content also with less instances. so you prefer 60% - 40% pop nice and people wasting time queing for end game content which is already gated. Bad game design is bad game design you create other problems with these choices.

Really bizarre behaviour to celebrate bad design choices in game with limited population as it is. But what do i know :lol:

Ads
Rydiak

Post#69 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:17 pm

Brew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:12 pm
Rydiak wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:10 pm Right, but this particular issue involves pushing the attack on a city just to turn around and defend it.
Oh I understand completely. You want to take out the ORvR/realm aspect and turn it into a gear farm.

Brew

Post#70 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:22 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:17 pm
Brew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:12 pm
Oh I understand completely. You want to take out the ORvR/realm aspect and turn it into a gear farm.
It is a gear farm. Royals and ranked are both grinds and farm. If it were up to me we would have the old victory point system that came out when live launched and not this sad pvdoor "wait in the keep to try and pride because we don't want to get farmed in city again" gameplay we have now. But it's getting pushed more and more into that direction.
<Art Supplies>