Recent Topics

Ads

Addressing the 90 min Elephant in the room.

Let's talk about... everything else
Tommo

Re: Addressing the 90 min Elephant in the room.

Post#151 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:52 pm

IMHO, Cities should be queued for just like solo ranked.
Server should balance a 2/2/2 groups just like solo ranked.
As soon as there are enough people to fill a city, all 48 should get the pop like solo ranked.

This will prevent one side from being overpowered by another. This happens from both sides, not just one, or the other.
The matchups in city are very, very hit and miss. Good fights in city are hard to come by. Most of the time, one side does the stomping. Occasionally, sure, there are some good matchups, but they are far and few between.

This will also prevent full 24 man premades, queueing in the last 5 minutes, to get matched up against all the solo queuers just so they can feel good about themselves destroying their opposition.

**EDIT**
Also, I agree that all timers to switch sides should be automatically reset when a city attack becomes available.
Last edited by Tommo on Mon May 10, 2021 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Phantasm

Post#152 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:28 pm

Tommo wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:52 pm IMHO, Cities should be queued for just like solo ranked.
Server should balance a 2/2/2 groups just like solo ranked.
As soon as there are enough people to fill a city, all 48 should get the pop like solo ranked.

This will prevent one side from being overpowered by another. This happens from both sides, not just one, or the other.
The matchups in city are very, very hit and miss. Good fights in city are hard to come by. Most of the time, one side does the stomping. Occasionally, sure, there are some good matchups, but they are far and few between.

This will also prevent full 24 man premades, queueing in the last 5 minutes, to get matched up against all the solo queuers just so they can feel good about themselves destroying their opposition.
Actually its not a bad idea to put it on a test lets say a 2 weeks.

Tillirage

Post#153 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:50 am

Push 1,2 star cities on dominating side so that your other side alts can get royals by defending them. Do you even see the **** you saying? 1 or 2 star cities should not even happen...

Tommo

Post#154 » Tue May 11, 2021 3:31 am

Tillirage wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:50 am Push 1,2 star cities on dominating side so that your other side alts can get royals by defending them. Do you even see the **** you saying? 1 or 2 star cities should not even happen...
I'm sorry, what is it that you are suggesting? That you be on the side which is dominating (Not by choice, just happens that way), while you work hard to push to city, and then miss out because there's not enough players to face in the city?
It's not always about gearing up toons either mate. It's been long enough that most people are BiS anyway....
It's more about being able to balance out the pop on order + destro to have more city instances, so more people can participate.

marafado
Suspended

Post#155 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:24 pm

if the xrealm heroes have a 2nd account this post never hapen ;p
maybe its time to create another xp/rr x2 event to please them and give the opportunity to avoid future upsets :)

madrocks
Suspended

Post#156 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:58 pm

You know, if some of you wouldn't be able to play both realms, we wouldn't even need to have this debate in the first place.

Everything that hinders many of you to cheat your way through the campaign by simply going Battlehost vs Warband is a good thing.

The lockout refresh on fort participation is a necessary mechanic.

Stick to a realm and help it grow, coordinate with true realm leaders and you will find success, or not. Up to you in the end.

You should also understand that nobody likes turncoats.
Lutz

Mordd

Post#157 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:56 pm

So many in this thread trying to purposely misrepresent what the change was about. The change was not about city. It effects city, but thats not why it was put in.

The change was about certain players and guilds all going one realm, zerging empty zones and killing ORVR. To then flip back to their main realm and defend city.

This wasnt even directed at Rowan, he got caught by a problem caused by others.

As for those saying it went on for months on order and as soon as they go destro. That a load of crap and you know it. You are just trying to confuse the issue. That was one for the first night the zerg had been destro and the change had been put in earlier in the week before the zerg had gone Destro.

mytreds

Post#158 » Wed May 12, 2021 12:24 am

madrocks wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:58 pm You know, if some of you wouldn't be able to play both realms, we wouldn't even need to have this debate in the first place.

You should also understand that nobody likes turncoats.
Maybe you're not aware, but many people enjoy the game being able to play toons on either side of the fence. I really don't think someone who plays both sides for fun should be labeled a "turncoat". I mean, it must be really boring for a person to play only one or two toons on a single side because they don't want to be called a "traitor" or "xrealmer". I think if more people played either side regularly they'd realize how trivial these arguments are. Too many people are getting their pride and ego hurt easily when "my side" is perceived to be losing and the "other side" is winning.

Ads
dirnsterer

Post#159 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:58 am

It is hard to see xrealming as a bad as the game is not anymore realm vs realm game, it is just a pvp game. Mythic made these changes towards end of the games life and this server picked up that endgame as a model where it is more freeform just go into instance, pvp and get out. Everyone for themselves basically.

marafado
Suspended

Post#160 » Wed May 12, 2021 10:58 am

we already have so many (mediocre/bad) pvp games even in mobile phones, makes more sence to go back and make a proper rvr game than just another poor pvp ****.

if i was an youngling dev trying to make my portofolio, ill bet my chips on the rvr model.