Recent Topics

Ads

Healing RAMS, before and after.

Let's talk about... everything else
Ronald

Healing RAMS, before and after.

Post#1 » Sun May 09, 2021 9:32 pm

Hello,

Not too long ago, a ram could not be healed. Now it can be. How has this changed the war for you?

For me, I have noticed it as a dramatic nerf to small semi coordinated keep defense WBs. No longer can you call jumps on the ram whilst the attackers are distracted. No longer is there any viability in ambushing the ram blob with small groups, beyond inconveniencing a few at the tail of their snake. You have to actually wipe their attack and chase away their stragglers before killing the ram is viable. It takes quite a while even without any attackers around to defend it. Long enough for them to release and run back in from their WC.

Perhaps things had been in favor of defense for a while. I have had numerous instances of my pug WBs winning against overwhelming numbers & superior coordination and on paper, that doesn't sound fair. More often it resulted in the other side losing multiple rams before they eventually overwhelmed us with sheer numbers or bait oriented tactics. Great fun and hilarity had by all.

No longer.

For a successful defense against a larger attacking force, I have noted that the only viable defense is now the bottom floor of the inner keep. Great fun there too of course, but an arrow from a committed defender's quiver is gone now.

There is of course, the third path that was always there. The backcaping of a keep. Rumor has it, that it has occurred. I haven't seen it, though I have attempted it most times I'm forced out of my little castle. A mystery.

I can't say if rams being healed is a "good" or "bad" change per say. Its different, and it is a nerf to one's self, but perhaps the tilt had been in favor of defense for a while and this brings it back. I don't know.

My question again: How has this changed the war for you? I'd never really seen this change discussed, only acknowledged.

Ads
Mepiff

Re: Healing RAMS, before and after.

Post#2 » Sun May 09, 2021 9:56 pm

Well I'm Destro and we sometimes struggle from not being able to even place the ram due to constant engi bombarding so i think it's good we can actually do large scale sieges without the ram being dead before wall is under 50%

Evilspinnre

Post#3 » Sun May 09, 2021 10:23 pm

Yes, no longer can warbands endless suicide off keeps to damage rams while they get rezzed and repeat. Means the defenders have to actually wipe the attackers or defend properly.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

TreefAM

Post#4 » Sun May 09, 2021 11:36 pm

Does this mean defenders will actually try to organize a push/flank/jump to attack actual players?
How many times did I come with my wb to break a siege, I tell the defenders to jump them while I attack their blacklines, and they all just jump the ram instead leaving us to fight the whole zerg solo.

Naelar

Post#5 » Mon May 10, 2021 4:22 am

Debuffs work on rams, too...

lolwut

Post#6 » Mon May 10, 2021 4:38 am

Ronald wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:32 pm You have to actually wipe their attack and chase away their stragglers before killing the ram is viable.
That's horrible! :( You actually have to fight people, and not passive objects!

Ronald wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:32 pm For a successful defense against a larger attacking force, I have noted that the only viable defense is now the bottom floor of the inner keep. Great fun there too of course, but an arrow from a committed defender's quiver is gone now.
That's even worse! :cry: All those RDPS don't really bring much on their own, eh?

Ronald wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:32 pm There is of course, the third path that was always there. The backcaping of a keep. Rumor has it, that it has occurred. I haven't seen it, though I have attempted it most times I'm forced out of my little castle. A mystery.
Of course, when someone says only three paths, there is actually more, fourth of which was demonstrated in todays O's debacle in Caledor, where they got so greedy pushing 3rd floor, they actually forgot to reset timer on lord, then keep defense proc happened, and they got trapped inside a keep they were so happily pushing. That's was spectacular.

b00n

Post#7 » Mon May 10, 2021 7:05 am

i'm totally glad that with this change the questionable ram jumping has disappeared. I'm still open to new ways for proper keep defense.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Onigokko0101

Post#8 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:57 am

Its totally a good change imo, no longer can you just chain suicide the ram to win.

Maybe actually get organized as the defenders and push at the attackers so you can actually hit the ram more then once?
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#9 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:38 am

Evilspinnre wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:23 pm Yes, no longer can warbands endless suicide off keeps to damage rams while they get rezzed and repeat. Means the defenders have to actually wipe the attackers or defend properly.
what suicide is not a valid tactic anymore?! did the game just get more complicated?!

Aethilmar

Post#10 » Tue May 11, 2021 3:08 am

So respawn into keep was removed b/c it made it too hard for the attackers to cut off defenders.

Then respawn near keep was removed b/c of suicide attacks on attacking force were too difficult to fight off.

Now rez into keep is unfair b/c attackers could suicide the ram.

So, ram is essentially invulnerable now and defenders are supposed to wipe the attackers in the open field (which they couldn't do in the first place hence they are being sieged).

I swear some of you zerg welfare types won't be happy until you can knock on the keep door and have the lord get insta-gibbed.

But, whatever, I still get bag rolls either way so lets flip the zones even faster.
Last edited by Aethilmar on Tue May 11, 2021 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.