Ads

Future of the game

Let's talk about... everything else
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: Future of the game

Post#21 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:40 pm

Atropik wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:28 pm
GamesBond wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:15 pm There are currently no plans to do that. Firstly, the idea sounds nice but the outcome could be devastating in general in terms of progress. Having a wider RvR map is also nice on paper but in fact it could create a lot of gaps/dead zones in RvR.

Secondly, this topic is rarely discussed anyway due to the tremendous amount of resources that it would need, considering that it's even possible.

Is it possible to get warcamps moved to the new locations? or has it ever been discussed?

Cause, as it looks now, some rvr lakes suffer from having a straight forward short line between wcs, as a result fight goes to a blobbing massacre for many hours in the middle of the map (Eataine, Reikland, Cale, etc.) completely ignoring the other objectives. Zones like DW, BC or Kadrin with wcs standing far away from each other are much more interesting to play.
I'd rather not turn this thread into a Q&A, not because I don't like it, but simply because I might not have the perfect answers on the spot.

I'm pretty sure that whether warcamps can be technically moved or not in any way, it's going to be an unnecessary hefty load of work for the devs. One of the most important aspects of our team is to being able to manage the tiny human resources that we have, without burning out.

In late 2020, we said that we're going to have a Q&A for every quarter of 2021 in order to tackle all your questions live and with answers shared by specific team members who are experienced in their fields/scope of work. I delayed the Q&A of Q2 in hopes of setting it after the release of Ranked S2 and HV so you can include their respective questions instead of waiting for 2 extra months.

Ads
Atropik

Post#22 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:44 pm

tysm, got it.
Nicelook | Obey

zulnam

Post#23 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:06 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:34 am
zulnam wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:15 am Last Q&A the team also said that balance changes would be coupled with ranked seasons. Does that mean we can except some hefty balance changes coming our way?

And if that is the case, can we please, please, for the love of God, get at least the classes that will be affected so people know to hold off from investing into gear they may later find is not useful to them due to the changes?

(Like how it happened to a young and handsome knight a while ago when he bought 4 off sov pieces the week MIGHTY SOOOUULL was removed)
The meta could frequently change and that's one of the liabilities that everyone must manage to absorb. It's also healthy to have the meta change often and have new builds to explore or adopt.

Some classes take months to balance, others a few weeks, others get postponed, etc. so announcing which class the balance team is currently working on is tricky and would unintentionally destroy the popularity of that class before that the patch notes are even out, yet alone if the class balance/rework was postponed: When would players stop investing time? When do they resume? What if they didn't invest time but the class was buffed?
Fair enough; i understood the future of balancing a bit differently from the Q&A (large balance changes coming at the end of ranked seasons). Based on that, it would've made sense to have players informed of the large chunks of changes coming their way.

Don't expect the team to inform players on every small tid bit.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#24 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:22 pm

zulnam wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:06 pm
Fair enough; i understood the future of balancing a bit differently from the Q&A (large balance changes coming at the end of ranked seasons). Based on that, it would've made sense to have players informed of the large chunks of changes coming their way.

Don't expect the team to inform players on every small tid bit.
No you understood it correctly, but atm there will still be no broad exposure to what's being worked on. This could totally change as well, a bit contradictory but it's the first time we follow this process so we really have to see what's the best procedure for the greater good of the project first.