Recent Topics

Ads

Future of the game

Let's talk about... everything else
cyricson

Future of the game

Post#1 » Wed May 12, 2021 2:46 pm

So, i was wondering, what is to come? is the team capable of providing new content? new gear? quests maybe? new areas? or we will be stuck with the best gear available and no chance to upgrade?

Ads
Nekkma

Re: Future of the game

Post#2 » Wed May 12, 2021 2:50 pm

cyricson wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:46 pm So, i was wondering, what is to come? is the team capable of providing new content? new gear? quests maybe? new areas? or we will be stuck with the best gear available and no chance to upgrade?
Sov being top tier is a feature not something to fix (if I have understood the devs correctly). From what I have read they are working on the next dungeon. I would assume land of the dead is planned for in the future as well. Beyond that who knows. They have added a bunch of new appearances which at least I enjoy. Some new scenarios (not really amazing imo but shows they can do it).
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Phantasm

Post#3 » Wed May 12, 2021 3:00 pm

With the current state of population and pug mentality vs xrealm issues i would like to see some overhaul of RvR system more rewarding active gameplay than pushing zones to get city (which is still endgame - gives endgame experience an endgame set).

space44

Post#4 » Wed May 12, 2021 3:09 pm

Nekkma wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:50 pm
cyricson wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:46 pm So, i was wondering, what is to come? is the team capable of providing new content? new gear? quests maybe? new areas? or we will be stuck with the best gear available and no chance to upgrade?
Sov being top tier is a feature not something to fix (if I have understood the devs correctly). From what I have read they are working on the next dungeon. I would assume land of the dead is planned for in the future as well. Beyond that who knows. They have added a bunch of new appearances which at least I enjoy. Some new scenarios (not really amazing imo but shows they can do it).
The devs removed some of the appearances that use to be available originally. the latest news on PvE I've heard is that Hunters Vale is being worked on. There's talk of Brand new scenario maps that are either being developed using the communities suggestions on how the objectives and playstyle of the map should be or push aside. oRvR is always being worked on and improved and there's talk of brand new siege weapons on the list of things, how accurate that still is, I'm not sure. Ranked is still being focused on for the hardcore players and rumors of a season 2 being released, if the rumors are true it will the first newest thing to be released off of my opinion and foresight. Sovereign weapons are being discussed for balanced stats and buffs before release, not sure if its being worked on or how high on the priority list its on.

Just a few things I've highlighted. This is open for correction since I'm only 50% sure I listed the things that's mentioned from the Project owner and devs in Q&A and other sources.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

meatcpu

Post#5 » Wed May 12, 2021 3:22 pm

Was just thinking about posting a thread about this.

First, thanks to the Devs/GMs/etc for all the updates, bugfixes, and patience. Without asking for a timeline, is there a great deal of effort needed to get Lost Vale to a reasonably playable state? How interconnected is the dungeon instance system between dungeons; are recent bugs in Gunbad related to Dev efforts? Someone said recently in a GB run, "every patch and more bugs". I don't think that's fair, but knowing that they are related to the hard work you guys are doing would be cool. Maybe I missed the heyday of 2018-2020 of this community, but I'd love to hear more from the folks who sunk so much into this project and continue to do so.

Wishlists and such aside, the Mastery build saver is a really awesome addition, and the scoreboard changes are cool as well. The focus on ranked gives me a lot of hope for end game SC action, tho it seems participation is still a bit spotty. Hope you guys can find more time for things like the April Fools Day questline, that sort of thing makes this game feel alive and personal.

I also wonder if we could do more as a community to really capitalize on what we already have. I wasn't leveled and geared to participate, but the recent dueling events were pretty cool. Maybe we could pick a time of day or specific day to focus on doing ranked SC. I often see "WTB ranked sc pop" in the trade chat. Gear bribes an q changes can only address so much.

wachlarz

Post#6 » Wed May 12, 2021 4:22 pm

When first slayer reach rr 255 serwer transform into Aga of Sigmar 🤣

zulnam

Post#7 » Wed May 12, 2021 4:55 pm

Personally I'm looking forward to LotD when it eventually releases. RvR is what stands out for me in RoR from other contemporary MMORPGs; the only other place to get it is DaoC (and try as I might i still can't stomach that UI).

Not super crazy about the new SCs or PvE, but always a nice addition.

I think best-case scenario in 5-10 years would be that the team strikes a deal with GW/EA to restart the server officially, thus allowing for some actual revenue and honest-to-god employees. This would probably greatly boost the development cycle. Maybe even bring us one step closer to the vampire expansion we never got.

One can dream.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

kirraha

Post#8 » Wed May 12, 2021 5:44 pm

There will prob come new stuff that will entertain us all in many ways. :)

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#9 » Wed May 12, 2021 6:20 pm

The team is working on many new projects. You already know 2 of these projects and these 2 will be released soon enough. No really, soon. Now regarding the other projects, there are no updates.

The reason why you don't hear us talk about new releases or upcoming projects is because we often face multiple obstacles that either delay these projects between a few weeks to even a year. We also rely on the anticipation factor and we like to surprise you with new content, hence why we keep things buried until they're ready (: We are unable to commercially promote new content, and thus anticipating you is really important for us.

Anyway, in the coming few weeks, you can expect:
  • Hunters Vale
  • Ranked Season 2
The team is constantly working on new content that would enhance your experience of Warhammer Online on Return of Reckoning, stay positive and everything will be good ^_^

space44

Post#10 » Wed May 12, 2021 8:32 pm

honestly the bugs dungeons keep creating is content enough while waiting for real content. no sarcasm or complaints its just really what i like to think it is.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.