Recent Topics

Ads

Future of the game

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

Re: Future of the game

Post#11 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:17 pm

A Roadmap I would personally love to see, not for my own benefit but what i would think is in the best interest of the server:

Hunters vale release to give and updated pve starting set option for fresh chars instead of Beastlord set which is outdated.

Ranked season 2 with a weapon option for scenario and smallscale play. As scenario weapons are lacking behind in itemlevel. (+career patch from Ranked data and Realmchamps)

RvR focus patch to improve or change the zonelocks/keep sieges/Battleobjective focus patch.

Ranked season 3 + Garden dueling area fixed and more community + dev driven events hosted.

Lost vale pve content and a new jewel set to give old Genesis a 2.0 version. + Royal weapons from city

Lotd implimentation with a modern twist as PQs are not appealing for RoR playerbase and 2021 style. RoR teams chance to show their first take on what RoR looks like when all the original content has been reimplimented and they start adding brand new zones.
Last edited by wonshot on Wed May 12, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
sergteo

Post#12 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:19 pm

Somewhere in Altdorf slums circa 2022 (colorized)

phononHYPE

Post#13 » Thu May 13, 2021 4:20 am

My understanding of new gear, is that it will be on par with existing, but offer different stats/options - say, alternative specs. That'll be fun.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

mogt

Post#14 » Thu May 13, 2021 7:29 am

wonshot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:17 pm A Roadmap I would personally love to see, not for my own benefit but what i would think is in the best interest of the server:

Hunters vale release to give and updated pve starting set option for fresh chars instead of Beastlord set which is outdated.

Ranked season 2 with a weapon option for scenario and smallscale play. As scenario weapons are lacking behind in itemlevel. (+career patch from Ranked data and Realmchamps)

RvR focus patch to improve or change the zonelocks/keep sieges/Battleobjective focus patch.

Ranked season 3 + Garden dueling area fixed and more community + dev driven events hosted.

Lost vale pve content and a new jewel set to give old Genesis a 2.0 version. + Royal weapons from city

Lotd implimentation with a modern twist as PQs are not appealing for RoR playerbase and 2021 style. RoR teams chance to show their first take on what RoR looks like when all the original content has been reimplimented and they start adding brand new zones.

you know the devs are volunteers, aroadmap is not possible how at big companys, you know that? the devs here create their own things, in their speed. and as example, what do you think is happen if, they do a roadmap??? yeah the player look at the roadmap and then the cry if one thing during longer as in the roadmap is written.

the players must learn to be patience, this is a private project. if the players want roadmap or other things, then they play a game frpm a big company how blizzard etc.

tazdingo

Post#15 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:01 am

phononHYPE wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:20 am My understanding of new gear, is that it will be on par with existing, but offer different stats/options - say, alternative specs. That'll be fun.
that's my hope. same armour/total stats but allowing hyper specializations

zulnam

Post#16 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:15 am

GamesBond wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:20 pm Anyway, in the coming few weeks, you can expect:
  • Hunters Vale
  • Ranked Season 2
That's excellent news!

Last Q&A the team also said that balance changes would be coupled with ranked seasons. Does that mean we can except some hefty balance changes coming our way?

And if that is the case, can we please, please, for the love of God, get at least the classes that will be affected so people know to hold off from investing into gear they may later find is not useful to them due to the changes?

(Like how it happened to a young and handsome knight a while ago when he bought 4 off sov pieces the week MIGHTY SOOOUULL was removed)
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#17 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:34 am

zulnam wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:15 am Last Q&A the team also said that balance changes would be coupled with ranked seasons. Does that mean we can except some hefty balance changes coming our way?

And if that is the case, can we please, please, for the love of God, get at least the classes that will be affected so people know to hold off from investing into gear they may later find is not useful to them due to the changes?

(Like how it happened to a young and handsome knight a while ago when he bought 4 off sov pieces the week MIGHTY SOOOUULL was removed)
The meta could frequently change and that's one of the liabilities that everyone must manage to absorb. It's also healthy to have the meta change often and have new builds to explore or adopt.

Some classes take months to balance, others a few weeks, others get postponed, etc. so announcing which class the balance team is currently working on is tricky and would unintentionally destroy the popularity of that class before that the patch notes are even out, yet alone if the class balance/rework was postponed: When would players stop investing time? When do they resume? What if they didn't invest time but the class was buffed?

Atropik

Post#18 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:06 pm

Dont you guys thing about involving all these abandoned PvE areas into RvR? I mean, having 12 zones between forts instead of 3 as it goes now, might be a wonderful and refreshing idea.

Of course, PQs, TT unlocks and world questing are significant part of the game, but..
Nicelook | Obey

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#19 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:15 pm

Atropik wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:06 pm Dont you guys thing about involving all these abandoned PvE areas into RvR? I mean, having 12 zones between forts instead of 3 as it goes now, might be a wonderful and refreshing idea.

Of course, PQs, TT unlocks and world questing are significant part of the game, but..
There are currently no plans to do that. Firstly, the idea sounds nice but the outcome could be devastating in general in terms of progress. Having a wider RvR map is also nice on paper but in fact it could create a lot of gaps/dead zones in RvR.

Secondly, this topic is rarely discussed anyway due to the tremendous amount of resources that it would need, considering that it's even possible.

Atropik

Post#20 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:28 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:15 pm There are currently no plans to do that. Firstly, the idea sounds nice but the outcome could be devastating in general in terms of progress. Having a wider RvR map is also nice on paper but in fact it could create a lot of gaps/dead zones in RvR.

Secondly, this topic is rarely discussed anyway due to the tremendous amount of resources that it would need, considering that it's even possible.

Is it possible to get warcamps moved to the new locations? or has it ever been discussed?

Cause, as it looks now, some rvr lakes suffer from having a straight forward short line between wcs, as a result fight goes to a blobbing massacre for many hours in the middle of the map (Eataine, Reikland, Cale, etc.) completely ignoring the other objectives. Zones like DW, BC or Kadrin with wcs standing far away from each other are much more interesting to play.
Nicelook | Obey