Recent Topics

Ads

Save ranked before it die

Let's talk about... everything else
Alubert

Re: Save ranked before it die

Post#21 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:24 pm

Ranked sc are the most challenging aspect of WAR whether one likes it or not (I am not saying they are the most exciting). This is where one punt, stagger or interupt can tip the scales of victory to one side. This is not a warband where deficiencies in some players can be masked. You will not win here by blindly spamming aoe (by the way sometimes I see monstro mara or aoe bw in sc or ranked sc all the time). That's why rewards should go proportionally to the difficulty. Maybe weapons with 4% crit chance + bloodlord weapon bonus +5% dmg or other interesting bonus? Maybe 4% crit chance talisman to shoulders (like on live sever) with TB in game it would make sense. Or for example for 20000 - 50000 ranked emblems u can buy RD or CW?

Crossrealm ranked? I would like to see order tanks disappear after slayer uses rampage :).
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Ads
lyncher12

Post#22 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:40 pm

siglade wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:11 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:10 pm group ranked will never be as popular as solo ranked just because of the mentality of the players
mentality of players ?
people don't like losing and they don't want to get better. look at the forums, at how all these people whine that cross realming, gtdc or rampage, or whatever else are why they lose. they couldn't handle anything more competitive than funneling a fort vs full pug warbands that are attacking. solo ranked, just like solo queue in other games gives people an easy cope of "my team is bad" and they have no connection with other players so its a lot easier to just queue again.

Atropik

Post#23 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:58 pm

Manatikik wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:16 am Legit had to have someone call a dudes mom once to wake him up for 6v6 - can’t make this **** up.
Lol xd
Nicelook | Obey

Wdova

Post#24 » Thu May 13, 2021 2:11 pm

Main issue of solo ranked is huge toxicity of long time ranked players against the one who just started and want to improve. The level of toxicity is so high that it discourage ppl to que it again.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Brakh

Post#25 » Thu May 13, 2021 2:16 pm

You won't incentivize more people to participate in this system, no matter what efforts you will undertake. So if you care about rankeds to thrive, focus on how to utilize available population to improve it

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#26 » Thu May 13, 2021 2:34 pm

Wdova wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:11 pm Main issue of solo ranked is huge toxicity of long time ranked players against the one who just started and want to improve. The level of toxicity is so high that it discourage ppl to que it again.
Feel free to take screenshots and report toxic players who discourage you from playing. You can also ignore them if you believe they're just being mean. Ranked is a heated topic but still you shouldn't feel discourage to queue just because some players are being toxic.

CountTalabecland

Post#27 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:15 pm

Why doesn't Order queue?

Being a good at ranked on an RDPS is a rare skill, which rules out like 70% of Order at any given time.

Of that remaining 30%, way fewer Order ppl play in 1) large guilds, or (2) full sov.

Additionally, Destro melee class synergy is easy mode. No need to expand on that statement, its objectively clear that MSH, Mara, Choppa, Melee DoK, WE in any combination is solid.

That said, one can win on Order if you get the right combination of either good, well-geared players or the right mix of Warrior Priests and Slayers with another strong ST DPS. But, that is a lot more rare than jumping in as dest and getting a good melee ball.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Sundowner

Post#28 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:20 pm

GamesBond wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:45 pm I already mentioned that Season 1 is incomplete and the proper ranked that devs have worked on is coming soon with Ranked Season 2.

Proper queueing, UI, match making, unique rewards, bigger Ranked NPC shop, etc.
That is very good, item incentive is clearly very needed, but is there discussion about balance in ranked in balance team? clearly some classes are performing very well and it is fun to play them, while for others it's just a chore to get items.

Ads
nonfactor

Post#29 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:24 pm

On some days destro is stacked and on some days order is stacked but I agree it tends to happen more often on destro. Destro has less mmr assassins jihadists and better individual players but I appreciate the challenge.
Sundowner wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:20 pm That is very good, item incentive is clearly very needed, but is there discussion about balance in ranked in balance team? clearly some classes are performing very well and it is fun to play them, while for others it's just a chore to get items.
But then again if you make any balance changes according to rankeds it might disrupt the flow of 24v24 city sieges which is considered "the main game" according to wargrimnir (despite the fact that 6v6 requires more skill, just like Alubert said "This is where one punt, stagger or interupt can tip the scales of victory to one side. This is not a warband where deficiencies in some players can be masked")

Sundowner

Post#30 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:27 pm

nonfactor wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:24 pm On some days destro is stacked and on some days order is stacked but I agree it tends to happen more often on destro. Destro has less mmr assassins jihadists and better individual players but I appreciate the challenge.
Sundowner wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:20 pm That is very good, item incentive is clearly very needed, but is there discussion about balance in ranked in balance team? clearly some classes are performing very well and it is fun to play them, while for others it's just a chore to get items.
But then again if you make any balance changes according to rankeds it might disrupt the flow of 24v24 city sieges which is considered "the main game" according to wargrimnir (despite the fact that 6v6 requires more skill, just like Alubert said "This is where one punt, stagger or interupt can tip the scales of victory to one side. This is not a warband where deficiencies in some players can be masked")
I don't clearly see why it is impossible to make changes to small-scale which won't disrupt 24v24 play, which is more aoe than st (good st classes are already decent in ranked). Anyway, there won't be big numbers in ranked if people will consider their class useless and underpowered for that kind of content.