Ads

SW's whirling pin should only be available on assault stance

Let's talk about... everything else
Neverever

Re: SW's whirling pin should only be available on assault stance

Post#21 » Sat May 15, 2021 4:46 pm

Lithenir wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:00 pm
Neverever wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:33 am
Winry wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:19 am Why are you complaining about whirling pin when SH has the same spell called Sticky Squigz + 3 escape abilities more than the SW?
Not like I agree with his suggestion but what you wonder is probably there is no counter class such as WL on Destro side to deal with it :D
So when did the devs patch out fetch from marauder and git to da b***** from the choppa? ;)
Getting pulled by 40ft (choppa pull) and 65ft ability that bugs out or distrupted %50 of times sounds more like a user error on 100ft range class. WL is the best melee class against ranged by far. Funny playing the class itself you are not aware of it. I guess as a Japanese idiom says "Fish is the last to discover water (ocean)"

Ads
geezereur

Post#22 » Sat May 15, 2021 5:33 pm

squig herder need m1 nerf

Lithenir

Post#23 » Sat May 15, 2021 6:02 pm

Neverever wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:46 pm
Neverever wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:33 am

Not like I agree with his suggestion but what you wonder is probably there is no counter class such as WL on Destro side to deal with it :D
So when did the devs patch out fetch from marauder and git to da b***** from the choppa? ;)
Getting pulled by 40ft (choppa pull) and 65ft ability that bugs out or distrupted %50 of times sounds more like a user error on 100ft range class. WL is the best melee class against ranged by far. Funny playing the class itself you are not aware of it. I guess as a Japanese idiom says "Fish is the last to discover water (ocean)"
I tell you one thing. SH has the same range than SW and with all the escape tools, it's the SHs fault if he lose against a WL. Before the SH rework it was different, but since the rework SH is the most broken class you can imagine. If not specced correct for this situations against SHs you lose without a chance to get to him. I know that WL is the best class against soft targets. Funny you obviously aren't aware of all the tools the SH has.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#24 » Sat May 15, 2021 6:45 pm

Farrul wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:11 am In the current state of the game SW need attention/improvements, SH on the other hand...
Yes, I agree. VoN does give +25% damage, but is it enough? Also, it lasts for only 10 / 30s, meaning, it effectively gives you +8,33% dmg. AND, he is heavily hamstrung by Mastery mechanics(kinda like RP / Zeal tbh) - he is supposed to stance dance, but how can he, given how Masteries work. Maybe VoN should last 20s base and even have a venue of sorts to increase it to 30 / 30.

SH, otoh, has a pet(which he can blow up for CC, eat for a heal etc) which most assuredly gives more than even +25% damage and that +25%(even if it is +15%...) lasts INDEFINITELY(because once one dies, he resummons another). He also isn't half as hamstrung by Masteries, has (arguably) better melee stance, has Squigbeast(lol - maybe this should be M2), has a variety of utility pets(between which he can switch even just for boredom sake) etc etc.

Yes, SH is MUCH better than most things, let alone SW.

Evilest

Post#25 » Sat May 15, 2021 6:50 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:26 am Wait to this guy finds out about SH, I’m “sure” he’ll back track and edit his post to be less dishonest right?
Why. If it's in the same situation then it should be dealt with equally.
Rangeds that overextend their position or just lol on the front line should be ready to pay the price, not have double good escape.

Neverever

Post#26 » Sat May 15, 2021 8:34 pm

Lithenir wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:02 pm

I tell you one thing. SH has the same range than SW and with all the escape tools, it's the SHs fault if he lose against a WL. Before the SH rework it was different, but since the rework SH is the most broken class you can imagine. If not specced correct for this situations against SHs you lose without a chance to get to him. I know that WL is the best class against soft targets. Funny you obviously aren't aware of all the tools the SH has.
You don't even know what you are talking about. SW has 65ft range only when it equips aoe tactic. while all of QS abilities are limited to 65ft. Another thing, if you are running guardian spec and losing against a RSH on 1vs1 despite all the tools you have I think it is you who isn't aware of what you are doing. You see it is relative. If you claim current state of SH is OP then so is WL, Slayer and SW (especially assault spec)

Lithenir

Post#27 » Sun May 16, 2021 4:00 pm

Neverever wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:34 pm
Lithenir wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:02 pm

You don't even know what you are talking about. SW has 65ft range only when it equips aoe tactic. while all of QS abilities are limited to 65ft. Another thing, if you are running guardian spec and losing against a RSH on 1vs1 despite all the tools you have I think it is you who isn't aware of what you are doing. You see it is relative. If you claim current state of SH is OP then so is WL, Slayer and SW (especially assault spec)
Funny thing is that you said exactly what l said trying to prove me wrong.Only chance against SH is pet spec. That's what l said and what you said. But you have to run it and guess what, it's not pretty balanced if there is only one class and one specific spec on this class standing a chance.
But still SH has enough tools to even counter this

wildwindblows

Post#28 » Sun May 16, 2021 5:00 pm

SW is best mdps class on order side atm. Tanky as like mara and also they have Aoe kb/snare, kd, blink, and better brust.... These are too much.

Ads
sighy

Post#29 » Sun May 16, 2021 5:13 pm

The 4 way mirror gangbang classes are all overloaded, in their own right. Rhetorical questions like "What about the other one of the 4" don't really lead anywhere.

SW/SH have great ranged timestamps, great survivability, great melee specs, great gap closers, solid ranged aoe... what gives?

mryay

Post#30 » Sun May 16, 2021 6:52 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:00 pm SW is best mdps class on order side atm. Tanky as like mara and also they have Aoe kb/snare, kd, blink, and better brust.... These are too much.
Single target WL is a better mPDS than aSW
AoE wise, Slayer and WL are much better mDPS than aSW, but in this case we are comparing apples and oranges. You would rather compare from skirmish in case, but still... apples and oranges.
I would say WH = aSW in terms of dPS, but WH has much better survival and escape mechanisms.

But I am not saying aSW is bad. It is quite the opposite, it is a good (hybrid) mPDS. And it blooms with a SM or IB. But you cannot say it is the best for sure.

aSW suffer from internal skills that do not synergize well. The move of Shadow Step to core was exactly what was needed. On the other side, the removal of Broad Head arrow from Assault was a huge mistake. Another move that the balance needs to make happen is the access to Fell The Weak to all stances.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)