Recent Topics

Ads

If you were to start over RoR again...

Let's talk about... everything else
Cultist

If you were to start over RoR again...

Post#1 » Fri May 14, 2021 11:36 pm

This is for veteran players (or novice but experienced on live or heavy altoholic ones) and tries to help new/undecided players with your feedback.

The question is quite simple:

What would you play if you were to start a fresh game account (with the game knowledge you acquired over the years) and why?

I'm Destro biased but I think I would try some Order toon, still undecided about the class, maybe a SW (dps), I like them or a KoBTS, they have some nifty animations for their skills.

PS: You can also post what you would not play and why. In mi case Magi, they look cool and that's about it. Good at Morale sparring.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: If you were to start over RoR again...

Post#2 » Sat May 15, 2021 1:57 am

As a really new player I would make a char capable of farming gold.
Then level up, learn as much about rvr system and basic game mechanics, while farming.
When I have made some money, I make a new char, pull the money on that char and start again with proper gear and the knowledge I have gained until then.
I will have a smooth progression and won't feel weak, no matter the rank, while leveling up.
I will use -xp scroll and spend the time learning even more before getting into t4.
Just doing sc will give me enough gold to buy potions and talismans.
Dying is no option.

vindicuss

Post#3 » Sat May 15, 2021 2:53 am

I would learn to roleplay from level 1, because this is an MMORPG. You know, where the RP stands for Roleplay, which most players don't know snot about. It's a factor that improves the gameplay experience by so much. If you don't understand that or don't agree with me, your snot is not a good quality snot and you should learn to improve the quality of your snot to make your life better.

Karl

Post#4 » Sat May 15, 2021 5:47 am

My next (solo) project is prolly gonna be a WE or a dps DOK :)

Pkunk

Post#5 » Sat May 15, 2021 8:26 am

Zealot. Always useful. With the right gear it can be fantastic at buthering and make the cash you need for starting your WE.

Wuhh

Post#6 » Sat May 15, 2021 8:31 am

This server for me was starting over, now I'm 4yrs in ...

First a healer. I liked shaman the most from live experience. make it a cultivator apothecary to make pots to use and sell.
Make a toon I never played on live to learn and see if I want to level it, make it a salvager/hedge wizard and send all gear gained on the next toon to it. I made a magus.
Then a chosen, make it a cultivator to feed more ingredients to the shaman apo'.
Make a dps (or level the salvager toon). I didn't enjoy magus too much and always wanted a choppa so I made one of those - once again a cultivator to make more gold and pots to use. Sending all gear gained to the salvager.
Then an rdps, I went for sorc, had never played one. Cultivator ofc.
Made a squig as on live they were a blast in the low tiers when properly equipped, by now I could make all the talis and pots I needed and buy any purple items to ensure max bolster effect.
Some where along the way made a Blorc and levelled that to 55 or so, didn't enjoy it the same as the chosen and it was really just for a particular warband setup the guild I was in ran a few times.

And along the way in those bored periods, made some order toons - AM/BW/IB/several WHs as they are such a grin from 10-15 (then delete the toon and start over). Same Culti/apo and salvager/hedge wizard approach.
All destro toons except squig and blorc are 80+. all mentioned order toons are 40/40+ with one at 81.

My RoR life in short :)

Zhentarim

Post#7 » Sat May 15, 2021 8:49 am

If I had to start all over maybe I would make a switch for destro, maybe not. But I know it would be a dps focused class since I played tank and healer last. WH, BW, dps DOK and WE appeal to me the most at the moment, it would probably be WH and it would fit well as a starting character I think. It fits my loner playstyle and will get what I need for other characters.

EDIT:
I wouldnt play Magus because I hate their disc, it feels super slow always, if they were just walking on the ground they would be way more interesting. I wouldnt play choppa or slayer even though I have considered slayer but I played choppa on live and they are probably one of the most infuriating classes to play out of all classes. Dont like RP, they arent as flexible as I like and also feel slow. SM I hate the looks of and its the only character I havent gotten to 40 I think.

Drednes

Post#8 » Sat May 15, 2021 9:02 am

nothing. i wanted a WoW arms/furry warrior/death knight class when i first started and on order a knight seemed the only thing close...now i know a class like that from WoW doesnt exist so i stay a knight that can get parried by a altdorf rat and does 40 damage to a healer...

it is a pain anytime i hit anything or look at destro tanks constantly going 2h even in citys but i would have never chosen anything else even after a year of playing

also semi unrelated:i dont understand people who look at all the classes in a mmo and dont find the one that clicks with them just by looking at it and they need to ask in chat "whats a good class to pick"
do those people just dont know what they want or have ANY preferance about anything...just pick the one that looks coolest and go from there...or they care only for stats and not how it feels to play

Ads
Celyt

Post#9 » Sun May 16, 2021 7:22 pm

Drednes wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:02 am nothing. i wanted a WoW arms/furry warrior/death knight class when i first started and on order a knight seemed the only thing close...now i know a class like that from WoW doesnt exist so i stay a knight that can get parried by a altdorf rat and does 40 damage to a healer...

it is a pain anytime i hit anything or look at destro tanks constantly going 2h even in citys but i would have never chosen anything else even after a year of playing

also semi unrelated:i dont understand people who look at all the classes in a mmo and dont find the one that clicks with them just by looking at it and they need to ask in chat "whats a good class to pick"
do those people just dont know what they want or have ANY preferance about anything...just pick the one that looks coolest and go from there...or they care only for stats and not how it feels to play
sounds like you need rotation help. Knights can still dish.

phononHYPE

Post#10 » Sun May 16, 2021 9:40 pm

I'd roll something I've never done, which at this point is Engineer or SH (BO or SW too, but I don't like they're mechanic), so, SH!
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative