Recent Topics

Ads

Auto-Atack Haste stacking [WL]

Let's talk about... everything else
phononHYPE

Auto-Atack Haste stacking [WL]

Post#1 » Sat May 15, 2021 4:32 am

So I made my WL about 3 weeks before they were balanced, and kept with it as a new project. Seeing the Pack Hunting tactic (+50% AAH when you use Trained To Hunt) inspired me to see, just how fast a 2h could swing. Having just finished getting my last piece (offSov helm) to get the fastest, here is what I found.

Helm - Sov Steelhelm of the Pridebound +10% AAH
Shoulders - Conquers Mane +10% AAH
Cloak - Warlord Hide +10% AAH
Hands - Warlord Wristguards +10% AAH
Boots - Vanquishers Shinsteels +10% AAH
R1 - Oathstone of Karak Eight Peaks +15% 2pc set bonus
R2 - Oathstone of Kara-a-Karak
Warlord 4pc bonus (R4, belt, gloves and cloak) +15%
2h - Ovast @ 2.7 Speed (fastest high level 2h I could find)
Back up bits that I played with along the way - Steelhelm and Shoulders of the Overlord (+5 AAH each, lots of Seals of the Paragon and Exemplar each)

In total this brought me to 1.2s AA Speed. At rr77 and 1064 strength (with potion), I hit (non-flank) with my AA on the Training Construct: 203 (297 mitigated), crit for 402 (415 mitigated), with Pack Synergy tactic.

Some notes. I was 1.2 AA without the last piece (Sov helm), and it's easy to play around and drop the shoulders and ring sets and only drop to 1.3. Sadly, the speed did not drop from 1.2 pre-Sov helm with the +5% AAH from the Overlord helm, so I was pretty disappointed when my 1.2 again didn't drop with the full extra 10% of the Sov. I guess thats their limit, or a buffer for AAH debuffs (BG has one I know, maybe Mara too?). I may work on replacing the shoulders with Sov (still at 1.2) for the 2pc bonus, and warlord chest for the +99 melee power bit. My other option is to go down to 1.3 speed and get sov should+body+boots for the +toughness and +wounds. This is the long game, but the best bet as my wounds are frightening low. With my R3 as Gen remnant of the warrior for the +Str&Wounds, bringing me up to 646, or 666 if I go Invader shoulders to get the bonus strength (body is other part). This keeps me above soft cap, otherwise I'm at 1013 strength.

Perhaps some future set, like Dark Promise, will have a body or belt with AAH that can help push me to 1.1, or even 1.0. One can only dream. I'll be working on my fort axe and see how that goes, which will take a while. Something to do while I get those last 3 Sov bits.

What are your thoughts? How fast can you get?
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: Auto-Atack Haste stacking [WL]

Post#2 » Sat May 15, 2021 4:42 am

Well i think 100 % is the cap of how much can you stack it. So you are going 135 % where the last 35 % dont do anything, i think. Someone confirm this pls! Also, imo it's better to go with slower wpn because your AA hit with 4.2 sec vs 2.7 sec the difference crit dmg espesially is noticable. Also pet AA increases with the tactic, not sure if anything else boosts pets AA speed.

I would have to check to be sure but i think my dok is 2.8 sec wpn that is 1.5 sec with 60 % haste.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Gangan

Post#3 » Sat May 15, 2021 8:49 am

Found this:
siglade wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:04 am it's additive but back on live on live it was nerfed to avoid 0.00 speed weap.

weapon speed / (1 + AA haste modifier (0.xx + 0.xx + 0.xx...)) = swing speed

A normal 2.4 weapon with 0 haste modifier = 2.4 speed.
2.4 weapon and 25 haste modifier;
2.4 / 1.25 = 1.92
2.4 weap and 50 haste stack;
2.4 / 1.5 = 1.6 swing speed
Maybe your AA-speed doesn't increase anymore as you're getting limited By the GCD?
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

siglade

Post#4 » Sat May 15, 2021 10:55 am

the only cap is the max aa speed you can get from gear/ability/tactic.

WE can have 0.6 or 0.7 AA speed
bachata, excommunicate abuser

phononHYPE

Post#5 » Sun May 16, 2021 9:29 pm

siglade wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:55 am the only cap is the max aa speed you can get from gear/ability/tactic.

Oh my! /envy!
Perhaps I chose the wrong class to try this on hahaha.

Gangan wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:49 am Found this:
siglade wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:04 am it's additive but back on live on live it was nerfed to avoid 0.00 speed weap.

weapon speed / (1 + AA haste modifier (0.xx + 0.xx + 0.xx...)) = swing speed

A normal 2.4 weapon with 0 haste modifier = 2.4 speed.
2.4 weapon and 25 haste modifier;
2.4 / 1.25 = 1.92
2.4 weap and 50 haste stack;
2.4 / 1.5 = 1.6 swing speed
Maybe your AA-speed doesn't increase anymore as you're getting limited By the GCD?

Thanks Gangan, I do recall seeing this a long time ago, and had something like this in my head as I collected my gear.

As for slower weapons = bigger hits, not my goal, but thanks.

As for GCD, my memory is that it is ~1.2 anyway, though looking at timestamps in the combat log it seems to hit every second for about 14s then skip 4 seconds, or at least after 2min of hitting the dummies and eye-balling the time-stamps.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Martok

Post#6 » Sun May 16, 2021 9:34 pm

siglade wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:55 amthe only cap is the max aa speed you can get from gear/ability/tactic.

How?
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

phononHYPE

Post#7 » Sun May 16, 2021 9:39 pm

Well, I know there is a T4 zone influence dagger with about 1.7 speed that is pretty common. And they also have a tactic to increase AA by 50% after using a Frenzie (I think, haven't played mine in a bit). But yeah, damn skippy!

New goal! WE AAH stacking....

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

phononHYPE

Post#8 » Tue May 25, 2021 5:03 am

As a last note here, I looked at the slowest 2H I had, 3.6 > 1.6, and the fortress 2H at 3.4 > 1.5. The fort 2h stayed at 1.5 speed with removal of 10%, and only dropped to 1.6 at both 15% and 20% removed from the max of 130%. So at AAH of 110%, you can get 3.4 Speed down to 1.6, and for pure speed, 2.7 down to 1.3.

There, I'm done and can retire my WL until some future release offers another 5, 10, or even 15% additional reduction. Cheers gang.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
ravezaar

Post#9 » Tue May 25, 2021 6:11 am

WE are using dual wield, not 2H tho as WL is
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

phononHYPE

Post#10 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:44 am

So as an add-on to this, I tried AAH stacking on my CL33 WE with Sacraficial Stab (Treachery 13) + Mark of Morathi (CL33 tactic). Took my 1.7 Speed dagger to 1.1 Speed. I wonder if some AAH jewellery and gear could get it faster. Must. Try, to-get... faster!

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative