Recent Topics

Ads

N00b needs help with pvp

Let's talk about... everything else
tazdingo

Re: N00b needs help with pvp

Post#11 » Tue May 18, 2021 8:30 am

even so i'd recommend a new player act "as if" when learning the game, but if u wanna go off tank and actually see ur dmg IB can certainly do that

Ads
Tillirage

Post#12 » Tue May 18, 2021 10:03 am

In my opinion, it is best to play a dps character to get a hold of the game. You can be veteran MMORPG and I'd still suggest playing dps over tank. Game is much more easier when you go dps character.

Earthcake

Post#13 » Tue May 18, 2021 1:56 pm

Dartanous wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:42 pm So I am not much of a gamer, but I realized that I just couldn't deal damage in most cases in any situation in pvp. At first I figured that I was attacking tanks that were receiving heals, but I cannot even damage the healers. Then I realized that once I was attacking them, a green text that said 'absorb' popped up, as they had some green aura around them. Am I just healing them by hitting them? What should I do instead?
Also... Any general tips for sucking a tiny bit less would be helpful. Currently I am an Ironbreaker, but I am putting an Oath Friend on other party members and doing some buffs on them, as well as guarding them.
This is how I'd do :

https://cakesplan.wordpress.com/2021/05 ... -struggle/

Sulorie

Post#14 » Tue May 18, 2021 3:19 pm

Tillirage wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:03 am In my opinion, it is best to play a dps character to get a hold of the game. You can be veteran MMORPG and I'd still suggest playing dps over tank. Game is much more easier when you go dps character.
I would disagree for the following reason.

As a new player, the most important thing in an MMO is to connect to other players, finding a group, as most content is exclusively or just better experienced in a group or warband.
It is significantly more difficult to get as a new and unknown dps class into groups or warbands, while support classes are always needed.

Ofc when you just want to solo farm/grind pve, a DPS kills mobs way faster. Solo pugging as dps, unless you play DPS healer, is a lot more challenging, especially if being mdps. You are still playing solo and all know the sc pop rate if being solo.
Being an inexperienced player will just be the icing on the cake.
Dying is no option.

Dartanous

Post#15 » Tue May 18, 2021 3:39 pm

I searched that website, but I couldn't find any 'tether' addon
Edit: Umm, and... How do I make these addons install & work?

Dartanous

Post#16 » Wed May 19, 2021 4:53 pm

No, I want to just absolutely stop playing the game now.
I was in rvr, and I found a goblin shaman alone, probably a bit afk. I started attacking him and it took some time before he even started moving. The fight ended with me losing and him in full hp.

So what the heck. As far as I can see, when he gets the green aura that says 'absorb' whenever I hit him, that makes him invulnerable to damage and heals when I attack, and there's nothing I can do about that. I cannot defeat anything in the game and it just makes me so dejected.

CyunUnderis

Post#17 » Wed May 19, 2021 5:00 pm

Goblin Shaman is hard to kill in T1 : he has damage and heal and there is no heal debuff at this level.

So, try to find friends and do not play alone in RvR. The experience will be better.

Sulorie

Post#18 » Wed May 19, 2021 6:30 pm

Dartanous wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:53 pm No, I want to just absolutely stop playing the game now.
I was in rvr, and I found a goblin shaman alone, probably a bit afk. I started attacking him and it took some time before he even started moving. The fight ended with me losing and him in full hp.

So what the heck. As far as I can see, when he gets the green aura that says 'absorb' whenever I hit him, that makes him invulnerable to damage and heals when I attack, and there's nothing I can do about that. I cannot defeat anything in the game and it just makes me so dejected.
You tried to kill a healer alone with a tank? You are a very valuable support class, no solo hero.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Dartanous

Post#19 » Wed May 19, 2021 7:38 pm

I don't know these things. In my mind, 'healer' doesn't sound like 'unstoppable Rambo'

ekalime
Developer

Post#20 » Wed May 19, 2021 7:50 pm

Shamans are the most slippery fish in the sea. No one likes them, they don't even like themselves. Warhammer fact.

Though as a tank your damage should never be enough to kill a healer alone, because that isn't what your role is. You control the battlefield, weaken opponents, and absorb damage for your friends so that they can do the killing.