Recent Topics

Ads

My experience trying to play this god awful game

Let's talk about... everything else
ssj4shaggy88

My experience trying to play this god awful game

Post#1 » Tue May 18, 2021 8:14 pm

So made a character......shammy...ok cool i get to heal... I got to lvl 10 with my some abilities and...decided to join a sc. We kind of one...but barely because as a lvl 10 newbie I was top heals. Ok thats fine "i had thought to myself" well i start doing a few more games.....We lose like 12 games outs of 15. Im wondering to myself what is going on....I soon find out when people start losing on one side they join the other....With their alts.
Ok...im alright with this....but as soon as we start doing rvr.....and losing..people switch to their ORDER characters.. I said..."im sorry i dont have an order character...They said "Just lvl and order character so you can always win and....have a destro for alt days when they dont win...YOOOOO RED FLAG.This game failed for a reason..and now i see why...and also the people running this...cant see it.... This is my experience as a new player. This game wont last long the way its going. I got bored quite fast. Games need to get away from the "conquer and divide thing". But yeah dont go destro unless you have a group of friends with a well established guild.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: My experience trying to play this god awful game

Post#2 » Tue May 18, 2021 8:15 pm

A group of friends you say? Interesting.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Sundowner

Post#3 » Tue May 18, 2021 8:29 pm

So made a character......AM..ok cool i get to heal... I got to lvl 10 with my some abilities and...decided to join a sc. We kind of one...but barely because as a lvl 10 newbie I was top heals. Ok thats fine "i had thought to myself" well i start doing a few more games.....We lose like 12 games outs of 15. Im wondering to myself what is going on....I soon find out when people start losing on one side they join the other....With their alts.
Ok...im alright with this....but as soon as we start doing rvr.....and losing..people switch to their DESTRO characters.. I said..."im sorry i dont have an destro character...They said "Just lvl and destro character so you can always win and....have a order for alt days when they dont win...YOOOOO RED FLAG.This game failed for a reason..and now i see why...and also the people running this...cant see it.... This is my experience as a new player. This game wont last long the way its going. I got bored quite fast. Games need to get away from the "conquer and divide thing". But yeah dont go order unless you have a group of friends with a well established guild.

Rydiak

Post#4 » Tue May 18, 2021 8:35 pm

Yea man, this 12 year old game certainly won't last long...wait.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

saupreusse
Developer

Post#5 » Tue May 18, 2021 8:37 pm

it has already lasted for 13 years. also t1 is baby tier :^)

ekalime
Developer

Post#6 » Tue May 18, 2021 9:33 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:15 pm A group of friends you say? Interesting.
I can't even find one friend and you expect me to find a group? :cry:

Dabbart

Post#7 » Tue May 18, 2021 11:24 pm

Also, please click this and learn how to use the Period and Ellipses.

Xrealming only could be an issue at end-game. I have never really seen it be an issue outside of very specific instances, but I don't login anymore. Regardless, at the lowest stages of the game, people logging into a different toon or a different realm is negligible. It's t1. Use those "Mythic+" skills and git gud.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Kharnehome

Post#8 » Wed May 19, 2021 2:17 am

saupreusse wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:37 pm it has already lasted for 13 years. also t1 is baby tier :^)
Here's the thing, t1 is what folks just getting started deal with and quite frankly its horrid. Probably the second worst PvP experience I've had in a game with the first going to WoW and that's with grouping. If one side starts to snowball at all good luck getting a group to even look at t1 RvR which as folks have noted is almost the only way to get going.

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#9 » Wed May 19, 2021 7:47 am

There are gameplay reasons why WAR failed. It is a rather fun game, but it wasn't due to EA meddling or what have you(honestly, believe it or not, EA are the good guys here). It was due to how overdesigned it was. After beginning to really falter, what did Mythic do? Implement yet MORE SYSTEMS(=more gear tiers, RR Talents etc). And that's a perfect example of a system salad where everything clashes with everything else. And the best lithmus test? Here:

"How long do you think WAR would've survived without Warhammer Fantasy IP? How many of its 1,2mil people would've tried it without WHFB?"

Sulorie

Post#10 » Wed May 19, 2021 7:52 am

Kharnehome wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:17 am
saupreusse wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:37 pm it has already lasted for 13 years. also t1 is baby tier :^)
Here's the thing, t1 is what folks just getting started deal with and quite frankly its horrid. Probably the second worst PvP experience I've had in a game with the first going to WoW and that's with grouping. If one side starts to snowball at all good luck getting a group to even look at t1 RvR which as folks have noted is almost the only way to get going.
When one side starts to snowball, then playing on underdogs side is a lot more rewarding. Put in the effort to build a group and enjoy the time. Otherwise ignore rvr and spam sc until you are 16.
Dying is no option.