My experience trying to play this god awful game

Let's talk about... everything else
agemennon675

Re: My experience trying to play this god awful game

Post#61 » Fri May 21, 2021 6:46 pm

arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:31 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:16 pm
arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:04 pm

Where here? Give me a proper way to do it and I'll do it.

But, regardless, how can you not agree with what I said? Too much freedom IS bad. Imagine if you had 100 sausages to choose from and there wasn't the one you usually bought. You'd go crazy from a simple sausage!
I really understand you, I also discovered this gem really late like 2016-17? Dont remember. I was also the guy who wanted to play solo in all mmorpgs it is possible here you can solo que your way to everything; scs, pve, rvr, even end game city its perfect but I prefer joining other players if I can but you dont have to do that, there are other players that go solo everything as well, only thing that is missing is maybe the Dungeon Finder gunbad and stuff like that but its ok and if others prefer it this way I dont mind. What kind of solo activities you want ? What is the sausage you want to buy but this game does not offer? I am curious
Ok then.

I'm here for a nice Warhammer Adventure. To create cool characters, to match colors and armor pieces, have adventures things like that. Do note that there is no mention of PvP. Of course, I have nothing against PvP. AS AN ENDGAME ACTIVITY. Purple Bar, Renown Talents...all such things run entirely contrary to what I'm looking for. I do not want to even think about end state until I get there. In the mean time, I want to do Epic Quests, Public Quests, do Tome Unlocks, general Warhammer Fantasy adventure stuff. This game offers all of that, but...given the Renown Talent system, I'm always feeling like I'm missing something, like I'm inadequate. Basically I'm here to tie loose ends and to have fun while doing it. Some systems annoy me.

And I want so much to finish what I want to finish(Dwarfs and DE left, Chaos is 100% optional, Greenskins don't interest me{wrong medium for that kind of storytelling}. Dwarfs would most likely be represented by Slayer and DEs by...I have a Sorc, but she feels very weak outside the group{can't solo Champions...excuse me?}. And, regardless, WE is more fun, even if I do prefer aesthetics of Sorc to WE ones), it's just...I want someone to change my perception.

Oh and the last 2x event ruined me. I witnessed the fun and the efficiency, so it's hard to go back now. Feels archaic. I also have no other big Warhammer Fantasy RPG to replace this with. All other options are either strategies(Total Warhammer, Geheimnisnacht, Mordheim) or they are very limited in what they do(Chaosbane). I've had enough of Vermintide, but it hardly fits into the mold of a classic RPG anyhow.

Does any of that make sense?
It does everyone wants different outcomes from games, mine was always doing pvp in any mmorpg so this one suits me well, but it sounds like you spent alot of time in this as well, that just proves this is still a good game worth playing. But as an advice we sometimes need to do things that we dont enjoy to achieve something else we really want, if the renown system is bothering you that much you can do some pvp and get your character to a comfortable spot to complete all kinds of pve pq etc.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#62 » Fri May 21, 2021 6:55 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:46 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:16 pm

I really understand you, I also discovered this gem really late like 2016-17? Dont remember. I was also the guy who wanted to play solo in all mmorpgs it is possible here you can solo que your way to everything; scs, pve, rvr, even end game city its perfect but I prefer joining other players if I can but you dont have to do that, there are other players that go solo everything as well, only thing that is missing is maybe the Dungeon Finder gunbad and stuff like that but its ok and if others prefer it this way I dont mind. What kind of solo activities you want ? What is the sausage you want to buy but this game does not offer? I am curious
Ok then.

I'm here for a nice Warhammer Adventure. To create cool characters, to match colors and armor pieces, have adventures things like that. Do note that there is no mention of PvP. Of course, I have nothing against PvP. AS AN ENDGAME ACTIVITY. Purple Bar, Renown Talents...all such things run entirely contrary to what I'm looking for. I do not want to even think about end state until I get there. In the mean time, I want to do Epic Quests, Public Quests, do Tome Unlocks, general Warhammer Fantasy adventure stuff. This game offers all of that, but...given the Renown Talent system, I'm always feeling like I'm missing something, like I'm inadequate. Basically I'm here to tie loose ends and to have fun while doing it. Some systems annoy me.

And I want so much to finish what I want to finish(Dwarfs and DE left, Chaos is 100% optional, Greenskins don't interest me{wrong medium for that kind of storytelling}. Dwarfs would most likely be represented by Slayer and DEs by...I have a Sorc, but she feels very weak outside the group{can't solo Champions...excuse me?}. And, regardless, WE is more fun, even if I do prefer aesthetics of Sorc to WE ones), it's just...I want someone to change my perception.

Oh and the last 2x event ruined me. I witnessed the fun and the efficiency, so it's hard to go back now. Feels archaic. I also have no other big Warhammer Fantasy RPG to replace this with. All other options are either strategies(Total Warhammer, Geheimnisnacht, Mordheim) or they are very limited in what they do(Chaosbane). I've had enough of Vermintide, but it hardly fits into the mold of a classic RPG anyhow.

It does everyone wants different outcomes from games, mine was always doing pvp in any mmorpg so this one suits me well, but it sounds like you spent alot of time in this as well, that just proves this is still a good game worth playing. But as an advice we sometimes need to do things that we dont enjoy to achieve something else we really want, if the renown system is bothering you that much you can do some pvp and get your character to a comfortable spot to complete all kinds of pve pq etc.
Ready for a really silly part?

Guild Wars 1 and Diablo ruined me(Survivor and Hardcore Mode respectively) and now I'm running around in a soft Hardcore mentality. Thus, getting defeated annoys me a great deal. And getting those RRs...yeah, a big risk.

Even if I did find a way around it, the XP rate is still agonizing(maybe because I felt the 2x leveling speed?). It isn't as slow as much as how slow feeling it is. 50 hours to max level(R40) is actually quite fast I'd say. But, the last leg(R32+) feels especially agonizing, like it never ends. Even when I love the story and the setting(HE T4).

Kesslik

Post#63 » Fri May 21, 2021 7:06 pm

Quick way to level solo 32-40 is:

1. Do the greenskin pairing. Most those quests are super easy and give you 20-30k a quest. Lots of easy go to x dude and talk to him. BOOM 20k and usually some gold.

2. If you are a healer or don't mind running around, do the rvr scout quests in Eataine, Reik, or Caledor. 31k for approx 7-8 minutes work, you get coins for it. Boring, but easy. You almost never see anyone while doing them either.

Not saying this is ideal, just that if you were looking for suggestions to make 32-40 easier, you could do those.

agemennon675

Post#64 » Fri May 21, 2021 7:07 pm

arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:55 pm

Ok then.

Guild Wars 1 and Diablo ruined me(Survivor and Hardcore Mode respectively) and now I'm running around in a soft Hardcore mentality. Thus, getting defeated annoys me a great deal. And getting those RRs...yeah, a big risk.

Even if I did find a way around it, the XP rate is still agonizing(maybe because I felt the 2x leveling speed?). It isn't as slow as much as how slow feeling it is. 50 hours to max level(R40) is actually quite fast I'd say. But, the last leg(R32+) feels especially agonizing, like it never ends. Even when I love the story and the setting(HE T4).
These kind of grinds are only normal in this genre, I sometimes spend entire day or two without being able to fill/find a gunbad group on my 3626252. alt, I always find myself wishing for dungeon finder but I dont give up. And do it other day to achieve my goals like sentinel jewel BiS. At the end of the day this is no race everyone can progress at the same pace. I am just greatful to be able to play a no-cash shop mmo at this point because we wont get another one again. Enjoy, while it lasts.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

arorwne
Suspended

Post#65 » Fri May 21, 2021 7:10 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:07 pm

These kind of grinds are only normal in this genre, I sometimes spend entire day or two without being able to fill/find a gunbad group on my 3626252. alt, I always find myself wishing for dungeon finder but I dont give up. And do it other day to achieve my goals like sentinel jewel BiS. At the end of the day this is no race everyone can progress at the same pace. I am just greatful to be able to play a no-cash shop mmo at this point because we wont get another one again. Enjoy, while it lasts.
I'd actually be fully willing to pay for that 2x. I don't care, fun is more important than some measly 15$ or whatever.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#66 » Fri May 21, 2021 7:53 pm

arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:10 pm

I'd actually be fully willing to pay for that 2x. I don't care, fun is more important than some measly 15$ or whatever.
That's never going to happen here.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

arorwne
Suspended

Post#67 » Fri May 21, 2021 9:10 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:53 pm

I know. You legally can't accept donations, no matter how hard you might wish. I was just saying that if it were possible, I'd pay for it. What do I care?

That's one half. What about the other part? If not, why not? You made a twink scroll, why not make this as well?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#68 » Fri May 21, 2021 9:19 pm

arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:10 pm

I know. You legally can't accept donations, no matter how hard you might wish. I was just saying that if it were possible, I'd pay for it. What do I care?

That's one half. What about the other part? If not, why not? You made a twink scroll, why not make this as well?
Because the game is easy to level through and we've made plenty of other adjustments over the years that have made it easier. We regularly have x2 events that people are welcome to join in on. They're special, not common. Playing a glass cannon dps class and not being able to solo a champion isn't a problem, it's design. Every class needs help, it's a group game. Why do people constantly need to explain this to you?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#69 » Fri May 21, 2021 9:36 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:19 pm
arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:10 pm

Because the game is easy to level through and we've made plenty of other adjustments over the years that have made it easier. We regularly have x2 events that people are welcome to join in on. They're special, not common. Playing a glass cannon dps class and not being able to solo a champion isn't a problem, it's design. Every class needs help, it's a group game. Why do people constantly need to explain this to you?
Not being able to solo a champion THREE LEVELS BELOW YOU is ok(where, in EQ 1 in 2002 lol)? In a game where Monstro Mara and such exist(further proving you wrong)? Where there are literally classes which can solo HEROES on even con and not only Dok / WP . And what possible reason could you have against common sense(being a loghead don't count)? Rejecting my Focused Offense suggestions(completely mild if I might add) while shitting all over the game not a fortnight after. Rejecting OPTIONS. Come on, let players play however they wish.

Kragg

Post#70 » Mon May 24, 2021 9:24 am

arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:20 pm
Duukar wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:59 am
Kragg wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:33 am

Because others have spend lots of time to get where they are and you want it on a platter.
I dunno why don't you just lvl and gear an alt when things are easier instead of forcing others to suffer as you did years ago?????
Indeed, I will NEVER understand this idiotic, braindead, caveman mentality. "Durr...I suffered, so EVERYONE MUST SUFFER!". If this applied, we wouldn't have moved far beyond the cave. Maybe rudimentary houses, but I doubt it.

Instead of harboring your pain, focus it so NOBODY else has to relive that ever again! How about that?
Horrible idea. An MMO is based on progression, otherwise you might as well go play Counterstrike
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance