Recent Topics

Ads

My experience trying to play this god awful game

Let's talk about... everything else
Gyurza83

Re: My experience trying to play this god awful game

Post#71 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:53 am

All the starter's topic problems were due to NB cheaters. Everything will change now! ))

Ads
Sulorie

Post#72 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:42 pm

Gyurza83 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:53 am All the starter's topic problems were due to NB cheaters. Everything will change now! ))
You can't compete with my post count, so stop trolling every topic with that. :P The low effort NB jokes are not even funny.
Last edited by Sulorie on Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dying is no option.

Ikxard

Post#73 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:04 pm

Bye! See you! Don't forget to write!

Spellbound

Post#74 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:36 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:28 pm
arorwne wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:47 am There are gameplay reasons why WAR failed. It is a rather fun game, but it wasn't due to EA meddling or what have you(honestly, believe it or not, EA are the good guys here). It was due to how overdesigned it was. After beginning to really falter, what did Mythic do? Implement yet MORE SYSTEMS(=more gear tiers, RR Talents etc). And that's a perfect example of a system salad where everything clashes with everything else. And the best lithmus test? Here:

"How long do you think WAR would've survived without Warhammer Fantasy IP? How many of its 1,2mil people would've tried it without WHFB?"
WAR was shutdown by EA along with the rest of the Mythic games and it was entirely EA's fault. WAR was mildly profitable before it was shutdown, they had GW approved expansions in the works, and when the license renewal came up GW offered them even more generous terms (less than the existing agreement), but EA declined it anyway. Dark Age of Camelot would have been shutdown as well, but Rob Denton split off and made his own company solely to take it from EA if they were just tossing it out, and it's still running fine today, not exactly a booming population over there. MMO's are cheap to maintain once you get them off the ground, it's a slow trickle of easy money. EA is evil and money grubbing, they want the mobile game whale cash and having a relatively cheap game sucking away customers doesn't hit their metrics of success the same way that scamming children for their parents credit cards to psuedo-gamble for shiny pixels does. They're not the "good guys", they're some of the worst.
This. EA was the cause for rushed release and unplayable oRvR lag wasting the 1 million subs on release. EA always kills games.

Omegus

Post#75 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:58 am

Spellbound wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:36 pmThis. EA was the cause for rushed release and unplayable oRvR lag wasting the 1 million subs on release. EA always kills games.
Was it EA who decided on the two-faction system, thus causing population inbalances on almost every server? Or the "ward" system which required sheer luck to actually progress through content (PVE set pieces dropping in dungeons for classes that weren't even in the dungeon... amazing. Needing keep gold bags for a chance of progression... amazing)? Or the utterly horrific class balance and AOE damage that was fixed far too late into the game's life (playing on EU where bomb warbands reigned supreme was an experience)? Those issues and the server lag were the main reasons I remember people quitting the game over. Was it was EA execs who designed the amazingly well balanced and universally praised RR100 armour sets too (lol Warpforged slayers soloing lower-level parties thanks to that proc)?

I'm sure EA pulling resources off WAR for whatever (SWTOR?) hurt the game, but let's not trick ourselves into believing that Mythic didn't **** the bed repeatedly with some of the design decisions for WAR. And it's not like Mark Jacobs has issues with overpromising or delivering projects on time or anything...
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Gyurza83

Post#76 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:02 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:42 pm You can't compete with my post count, so stop trolling every topic with that. :P The low effort NB jokes are not even funny.
I'm not trying to win the flood competition. I think that if we stop talking about unweighted decisions, they will remain unchanged. And I am afraid that this will still lead to irreparable consequences for the decrease in the population of players. I respect the developers in terms of content production, but I think that as managers they made a very annoying mistake. If in my team a manager did such a thing, which would potentially lead to the collapse of the population, and then when this actually happens, he would say that this is not related to his actions, but it all depends on the time of the year, the phases of the moon, the intrigues of competitors, then he would have been kicked out of the team on the same day.

Gyurza83

Post#77 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:58 am

I don't care NB. Yes, I'm not comfortable playing, that's why I don't play. I foresee messages in the style: "You are a cheater and you were disgraced, there is no skill at all, the addon did everything for you!" By and large, I am simply offended that such a wonderful game can find itself in a very difficult situation. I was happy when I found this server. Nostalgia plunged me into my youth, again I met many acquaintances with whom I played on the official servers, and now there is too much dissatisfaction. Yes, some controversial adjustments in the patches caused discussions, but I do not remember that the changes affected such a wide range of players. And I absolutely didn’t like the organization of the last shift. In another thread of the forum, I saw a phrase that brilliantly describes the reason for my vague discontent.
“We never really liked the idea of ​​an add-on to automate conditional checks for players. It is now locked.
This is the style - we don't like the way you play. "

Alfa1986

Post#78 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:45 am

Omegus wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:58 am
Spellbound wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:36 pmThis. EA was the cause for rushed release and unplayable oRvR lag wasting the 1 million subs on release. EA always kills games.
Was it EA who decided on the two-faction system, thus causing population inbalances on almost every server? Or the "ward" system which required sheer luck to actually progress through content (PVE set pieces dropping in dungeons for classes that weren't even in the dungeon... amazing. Needing keep gold bags for a chance of progression... amazing)? Or the utterly horrific class balance and AOE damage that was fixed far too late into the game's life (playing on EU where bomb warbands reigned supreme was an experience)? Those issues and the server lag were the main reasons I remember people quitting the game over. Was it was EA execs who designed the amazingly well balanced and universally praised RR100 armour sets too (lol Warpforged slayers soloing lower-level parties thanks to that proc)?

I'm sure EA pulling resources off WAR for whatever (SWTOR?) hurt the game, but let's not trick ourselves into believing that Mythic didn't **** the bed repeatedly with some of the design decisions for WAR. And it's not like Mark Jacobs has issues with overpromising or delivering projects on time or anything...
What was wrong with the two faction system? And how else can the rvr-style game format be implemented? 3-4 fractions? It would be an even bigger mess.
If you remember, it was very difficult to get the rvr set above conq on release, since the pieces from the sets fell only from gold bags from the forts/ city stages. PVE sets were a good alternative, and they were assembled faster even with the absolutely ugly random system of dropping items from bosses in the dungeons. The only thing that can be blamed on the designers is the ill-conceived huge pve areas in each zone, which, after reaching level 40, become useless, non active and empty.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
Vri

Post#79 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:19 am

Just play, game is fun. The lore is amazing and you get to see The Old World.

Omegus

Post#80 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:28 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:45 am
Omegus wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:58 am

What was wrong with the two faction system? And how else can the rvr-style game format be implemented? 3-4 fractions? It would be an even bigger mess.
If you remember, it was very difficult to get the rvr set above conq on release, since the pieces from the sets fell only from gold bags from the forts/ city stages. PVE sets were a good alternative, and they were assembled faster even with the absolutely ugly random system of dropping items from bosses in the dungeons. The only thing that can be blamed on the designers is the ill-conceived huge pve areas in each zone, which, after reaching level 40, become useless, non active and empty.
3 factions works fine - if one gets too big then the others gang up on it. It already worked in DAOC which is why people confused when WAR went to a 2 faction system as it's not like Warhammer is short on factions. It's also the system used for Planetside, GW2's open world pvp (at least it was - no idea how it works now but initially servers were grouped together in blocks of 3 to fight each other), and so on. And yes PVE sets were an alternative, but again this relied on having a 1 in 12 chance of getting a drop because the set piece could be for a class not in your own party. Very frustrating to do dungeon runs trying to get up a party/guild and have runs - with lockouts - where nobody in the party was able to progress. My IB was stuck on 4/5 pieces of one of the wards for faaaaaar to long as I just could not get the chest to drop from anywhere. Many guildies were also stuck due to bad RNG on loot drops. I'm fine having random drops, but there needs to be a fall-back system for continued bad luck (much like ROR's dungeon quests).

And yes the empty PVE zones was another big waste of resources. I used to play on an Open RVR server so it provided some distraction to go roaming and look for fights out of the main lakes but after a while the fights just became random ganks and boring. Shame as some of the PVE areas look really cool too.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot