My experience trying to play this god awful game

Let's talk about... everything else
Duukar

Re: My experience trying to play this god awful game

Post#41 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:03 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:01 pm
Duukar wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:59 am
Kragg wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:33 am

Because others have spend lots of time to get where they are and you want it on a platter.
I dunno why don't you just lvl and gear an alt when things are easier instead of forcing others to suffer as you did years ago?????
Suffer in what sense? You do pvp since lvl1 and at 40 you do the same. Unless you dislike fighting other players.
i dislike fighting other players in Sov in Conq.. yes I do dislike that.. We dont all have BiS on all our toons at RR80 plus..

Ads
Powell

Post#42 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:14 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:54 am
Powell wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:41 am

Honestly I would love a system where you could turn in invader and sov medallions to some NPC to Bank XP to your game account. And then use that XP you banked to your account on any character you have.

I've leveled up plenty of toons and I personally find it boring as hell, I hate it, I think tons of other people hate it. Why not allow us an option to "grind" for those levels but do it on a high geared character. Our realm would get our strongest characters and it would incentivize people to play on fully geared, BiS characters more as you would still be earning something such as XP for your other toons you wish to try.

It would just be regular XP, not renown rank.

I think it would be a neat idea, player option and all.
This would have a similar effect as removing the requirement to unlock previous dungeon set in order to wear higher tier dungeon sets. People will skip lower tier content and therefore dry out the population.
So along the lines it is pretty much intended to avoid skipping lower tiers.
Considering when you hit 16 you enter t2/t3/t4 I don't follow....

if you hit instant 40 and RR 0 on a character you would still need to do RvR and/or SCs to farm up renown rank and even if you were looking for groups for gunbad > c/t (bbbbe) > BS you would still need the previous content to equip it and nobody would take a fresh naked 40 with 0 RR to Gunbad anyway.....

are you talking about the sacellum dungeon that not many people run anyway?

Who would this squeeze out exactly.......

arorwne
Suspended

Post#43 » Fri May 21, 2021 3:20 pm

arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:20 am

Just as you prefer to use that, why not give me the option to use the other edge of the spectrum? Come on, what's the worst that could happen?
Because others have spend lots of time to get where they are and you want it on a platter.
I dunno why don't you just lvl and gear an alt when things are easier instead of forcing others to suffer as you did years ago?????
Indeed, I will NEVER understand this idiotic, braindead, caveman mentality. "Durr...I suffered, so EVERYONE MUST SUFFER!". If this applied, we wouldn't have moved far beyond the cave. Maybe rudimentary houses, but I doubt it.

Instead of harboring your pain, focus it so NOBODY else has to relive that ever again! How about that?

arorwne
Suspended

Post#44 » Fri May 21, 2021 3:23 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:01 pm

Suffer in what sense? You do pvp since lvl1 and at 40 you do the same. Unless you dislike fighting other players.
And yes, I don't get off on doing PvP to level up. That is a PERFECT ENDGAME activity, but sucks donkey balls as a leveling activity. Because unequal PvP is the worst, but really.

With that said, I do have another inquiry, but that's a topic for another thread.

mytreds

Post#45 » Fri May 21, 2021 3:55 pm

I level my alts exclusively in SCs, and you know what makes us fun and worthwhile?

Playing with my guild mates.

Get into a guild.

Be humble.

Be nice.

Many older vets are happy to buy you boots and gloves and give you gold/pots/linis etc. But only if you are humble and nice.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#46 » Fri May 21, 2021 3:58 pm

mytreds wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:55 pm I level my alts exclusively in SCs, and you know what makes us fun and worthwhile?

Get into a guild.

Be humble.

Be nice.

Many older vets are happy to buy you boots and gloves and give you gold/pots/linis etc. But only if you are humble and nice.
Well, what about us solo players?

mytreds

Post#47 » Fri May 21, 2021 3:59 pm

arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:58 pm
mytreds wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:55 pm I level my alts exclusively in SCs, and you know what makes us fun and worthwhile?

Get into a guild.

Be humble.

Be nice.

Good luck :/

Sulorie

Post#48 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:01 pm

Get into a guild.

Be humble.

Be nice.

Those play single player RPG or MMO catering to solo players, where every class is self-sufficient. Games without dps-healer-tank trinity.
Dying is no option.

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#49 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:02 pm

mytreds wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:59 pm

Get into a guild.

Be humble.

Be nice.

Good luck :/
Yeah, like, broken design. MMOs were exclusively group oriented back before WoW came out and before EQ2. That's ancient history and this game might very well be from those ancient times.

Broken, bad design, what can I say?

arorwne
Suspended

Post#50 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:05 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:01 pm

Get into a guild.

Be humble.

Be nice.

Those play single player RPG or MMO catering to solo players, where every class is self-sufficient. Games without dps-healer-tank trinity.
That's why this piece of **** failed. Because they had ancient, broken design that catered to like 5000 people tops. Such a game doesn't deserve to be an MMO, let alone usurp a slot in one of the most sought after IPs when it comes to Strategies and RPGs. It deserved to die so other, better games could come along. Who knows, if it survived, maybe we wouldn't have Total Warhammer. I'm not a big fan of Total War, but it is better than this. Ok, all fiery emotions aside, I like this better than TW, but I wouldn't trade TW for this lol. Seems like a stupid move.

But, I'll entertain your thought. Why shouldn't we have fun? Why shouldn't I just be happy to log on into one of my favourite(if not the favourite) universes, but rather have thoughts like "oh god, this imbalance, oh god the grind, oh god my class sucks without full trinity" etc? Why?
Last edited by arorwne on Fri May 21, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.