Ads

My experience trying to play this god awful game

Let's talk about... everything else
arorwne
Suspended

Re: My experience trying to play this god awful game

Post#31 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:12 am

Powell wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:54 am
Boozebeard wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:16 am So OP didn't exactly word things in a constructive way but similarly the new player experience shouldn't be dismissed as frivolously as it seems to be by the long term player base.

A lot of people coming back to this game are probably 30 odd now and have **** to do and just being told that I should grind to 16 or find a pre made group in order to even get a good idea if I really want to play this game long term is a big turn off.

I really think some attempts to balance the bottom end of the game would go a long way to gaining more new players. Cause right now there really is some stuff that sucks. Last 2 days I've tried playing T1 SCs I've just been running into order pre mades that literally go 30-0 every match. Completely ruins the game.
I agree, new player experience is pretty dismal. There is a reason that, 2 years later, the server has retained essentially 0 overall players from the lazy peon population burst. Seems we are back to peak 1200 numbers, 1600 if we are lucky. This is a pretty stark fall off from the 3200 population that required Max to expand server capacity. And since then the server cap expansion hasn't seen much use.....

The data is all there, and the best part of the game and where it comes into form is usually around vanq/invader gear. Imo.

At the end of the day the numbers don't lie. And a lot of the issues this server faces is directly linked to population issues (looking at you sc ranked brackets).
The best part to PvP will ALWAYS be when the numbers are equalized. When there is no clear roflstomp. Don't matter whether we have Decimator, Obliterator, Vanquisher or god damn Sovereign.

And the real fun in PvE starts at around ~25 or so. On average.

Both are too late and I'd expand extra effort on new player retention, but what do I know?

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:39 am

arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:11 am
I keep saying this and it is a VERY EASY fix:

2x xp / inf / rr item.

If we can have slower xp, why not have faster as well. Not only does it help with symmetry, but look, a lot of people playing this have jobs and families. Even I do, but I keep pushing for this because inadequacy of classes before R24 bothers me. Tbh, feels pointless to even play before that, you are playing a nerf version of your class.
Hmm, using -xp since rank 17, because it feels so strong.
Dying is no option.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#33 » Fri May 21, 2021 11:20 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:39 am

2x xp / inf / rr item.

If we can have slower xp, why not have faster as well. Not only does it help with symmetry, but look, a lot of people playing this have jobs and families. Even I do, but I keep pushing for this because inadequacy of classes before R24 bothers me. Tbh, feels pointless to even play before that, you are playing a nerf version of your class.
Just as you prefer to use that, why not give me the option to use the other edge of the spectrum? Come on, what's the worst that could happen?

Kragg

Post#34 » Fri May 21, 2021 11:33 am

arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:20 am

2x xp / inf / rr item.

Just as you prefer to use that, why not give me the option to use the other edge of the spectrum? Come on, what's the worst that could happen?
Because others have spend lots of time to get where they are and you want it on a platter.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Elvicof

Post#35 » Fri May 21, 2021 11:36 am

2x xp / inf / rr item.

Could also just give an /command that gives you cr40rr80 and full sov, just for those with families and jobs.
Moonlapse and VII

Sulorie

Post#36 » Fri May 21, 2021 11:40 am

2x xp / inf / rr item.

Maybe because it's already too fast, when you don't reduce it with scroll. When you rank up too fast, you have a lot less time to get familiar with your class.
You will be the longest time in t4 anyway, so no reason to rush it.
Dying is no option.

Powell

Post#37 » Fri May 21, 2021 11:41 am

Kragg wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:33 am
Because others have spend lots of time to get where they are and you want it on a platter.

Honestly I would love a system where you could turn in invader and sov medallions to some NPC to Bank XP to your game account. And then use that XP you banked to your account on any character you have.

I've leveled up plenty of toons and I personally find it boring as hell, I hate it, I think tons of other people hate it. Why not allow us an option to "grind" for those levels but do it on a high geared character. Our realm would get our strongest characters and it would incentivize people to play on fully geared, BiS characters more as you would still be earning something such as XP for your other toons you wish to try.

It would just be regular XP, not renown rank.

I think it would be a neat idea, player option and all.

Sulorie

Post#38 » Fri May 21, 2021 11:54 am

Powell wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:41 am

Honestly I would love a system where you could turn in invader and sov medallions to some NPC to Bank XP to your game account. And then use that XP you banked to your account on any character you have.

I've leveled up plenty of toons and I personally find it boring as hell, I hate it, I think tons of other people hate it. Why not allow us an option to "grind" for those levels but do it on a high geared character. Our realm would get our strongest characters and it would incentivize people to play on fully geared, BiS characters more as you would still be earning something such as XP for your other toons you wish to try.

It would just be regular XP, not renown rank.

I think it would be a neat idea, player option and all.
This would have a similar effect as removing the requirement to unlock previous dungeon set in order to wear higher tier dungeon sets. People will skip lower tier content and therefore dry out the population.
So along the lines it is pretty much intended to avoid skipping lower tiers.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Duukar

Post#39 » Fri May 21, 2021 11:59 am

I dunno why don't you just lvl and gear an alt when things are easier instead of forcing others to suffer as you did years ago?????

Sulorie

Post#40 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:01 pm

Duukar wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:59 am

I dunno why don't you just lvl and gear an alt when things are easier instead of forcing others to suffer as you did years ago?????
Suffer in what sense? You do pvp since lvl1 and at 40 you do the same. Unless you dislike fighting other players.
Dying is no option.