agemennon675

Re: My experience trying to play this god awful game

Post#51 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:07 pm

arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:02 pm
mytreds wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:59 pm
arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:58 pm

Well, what about us solo players?
Good luck :/
Yeah, like, broken design. MMOs were exclusively group oriented back before WoW came out and before EQ2. That's ancient history and this game might very well be from those ancient times.

Broken, bad design, what can I say?
We all know how retail wow pvp works where all classes designed to be self sufficent, A fire mage gets multiple shields, multiple self healing, multiple cooldown reductions also great burst and sustained dmg, ngl I hate how that works lol
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
Boozebeard

Post#52 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:09 pm

People seem to be missing the point a lot. I don't think the game as whole needs to try and cater to solo players but the fact is everyone starts as a solo player. Most people who boot this game up to give it a try and see if they like it aren't gonna immediately join a guild and look to join groups. They are gonna queue solo into an SC and stand at their spawn point for 10 minutes while the premade on the other side go 30-0. This is not a good way to get someone into a game.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#53 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:14 pm

Boozebeard wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:09 pm People seem to be missing the point a lot. I don't think the game as whole needs to try and cater to solo players but the fact is everyone starts as a solo player. Most people who boot this game up to give it a try and see if they like it aren't gonna immediately join a guild and look to join groups. They are gonna queue solo into an SC and stand at their spawn point for 10 minutes while the premade on the other side go 30-0. This is not a good way to get someone into a game.
PvE? It's there for a reason, start PvPing at around R10, when you get your basic core of abilities. Won't help much here, but at least you'll have some chance in RvR. (**** the purple bar)

agemennon675

Post#54 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:15 pm

Boozebeard wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:09 pm People seem to be missing the point a lot. I don't think the game as whole needs to try and cater to solo players but the fact is everyone starts as a solo player. Most people who boot this game up to give it a try and see if they like it aren't gonna immediately join a guild and look to join groups. They are gonna queue solo into an SC and stand at their spawn point for 10 minutes while the premade on the other side go 30-0. This is not a good way to get someone into a game.
Than they have multiple options here, they can go do pve, or hit the RvR open world pvp at lvl 1, join the pug scenario where only solo-duo que allowed, no other mmo offer this much freedom of progression. You cant even que solo in for example WoW to get your pvp rated gear but here you can do that
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Boozebeard

Post#55 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:20 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:15 pm
Than they have multiple options here, they can go do pve, or hit the RvR open world pvp at lvl 1, join the pug scenario where only solo-duo que allowed, no other mmo offer this much freedom of progression. You cant even que solo in for example WoW to get your pvp rated gear but here you can do that
God, why are people so reluctant to admit that yeah maybe this could be improved a bit. Just doing PvE isn't exactly giving anyone a proper taste of the main part of what the game is about. Getting into RvR is very confusing and intimidating as a brand new player. The PUB only SCs are actually great, the problem is I didn't even know it existed until someone told me about it in general chat after I was airing some of these concerns there.

But no I guess the new player experience is PERFECT and you should just ignore any actually new players who try and give any kind of constructive feedback about it.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#56 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:29 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:15 pm
Too much freedom isn't actually that good. It's overrated and leads straight to Chaos.

agemennon675

Post#57 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:54 pm

Omg than what more do you want ? I dont know what else to say. Just ask in advice chat for further information how and what to do as new player or just ask here if you need info

arorwne
Suspended

Post#58 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:04 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:54 pm Omg than what more do you want ? I dont know what else to say. Just ask in advice chat for further information how and what to do as new player or just ask here if you need info
Where here? Give me a proper way to do it and I'll do it.

But, regardless, how can you not agree with what I said? Too much freedom IS bad. Imagine if you had 100 sausages to choose from and there wasn't the one you usually bought. You'd go crazy from a simple sausage!

Ads
agemennon675

Post#59 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:16 pm

arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:04 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:54 pm Omg than what more do you want ? I dont know what else to say. Just ask in advice chat for further information how and what to do as new player or just ask here if you need info

But, regardless, how can you not agree with what I said? Too much freedom IS bad. Imagine if you had 100 sausages to choose from and there wasn't the one you usually bought. You'd go crazy from a simple sausage!
I really understand you, I also discovered this gem really late like 2016-17? Dont remember. I was also the guy who wanted to play solo in all mmorpgs it is possible here you can solo que your way to everything; scs, pve, rvr, even end game city its perfect but I prefer joining other players if I can but you dont have to do that, there are other players that go solo everything as well, only thing that is missing is maybe the Dungeon Finder gunbad and stuff like that but its ok and if others prefer it this way I dont mind. What kind of solo activities you want ? What is the sausage you want to buy but this game does not offer? I am curious

arorwne
Suspended

Post#60 » Fri May 21, 2021 6:31 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:16 pm
arorwne wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:04 pm

I really understand you, I also discovered this gem really late like 2016-17? Dont remember. I was also the guy who wanted to play solo in all mmorpgs it is possible here you can solo que your way to everything; scs, pve, rvr, even end game city its perfect but I prefer joining other players if I can but you dont have to do that, there are other players that go solo everything as well, only thing that is missing is maybe the Dungeon Finder gunbad and stuff like that but its ok and if others prefer it this way I dont mind. What kind of solo activities you want ? What is the sausage you want to buy but this game does not offer? I am curious
Ok then.

I'm here for a nice Warhammer Adventure. To create cool characters, to match colors and armor pieces, have adventures things like that. Do note that there is no mention of PvP. Of course, I have nothing against PvP. AS AN ENDGAME ACTIVITY. Purple Bar, Renown Talents...all such things run entirely contrary to what I'm looking for. I do not want to even think about end state until I get there. In the mean time, I want to do Epic Quests, Public Quests, do Tome Unlocks, general Warhammer Fantasy adventure stuff. This game offers all of that, but...given the Renown Talent system, I'm always feeling like I'm missing something, like I'm inadequate. Basically I'm here to tie loose ends and to have fun while doing it. Some systems annoy me.

And I want so much to finish what I want to finish(Dwarfs and DE left, Chaos is 100% optional, Greenskins don't interest me{wrong medium for that kind of storytelling}. Dwarfs would most likely be represented by Slayer and DEs by...I have a Sorc, but she feels very weak outside the group{can't solo Champions...excuse me?}. And, regardless, WE is more fun, even if I do prefer aesthetics of Sorc to WE ones), it's just...I want someone to change my perception.

Oh and the last 2x event ruined me. I witnessed the fun and the efficiency, so it's hard to go back now. Feels archaic. I also have no other big Warhammer Fantasy RPG to replace this with. All other options are either strategies(Total Warhammer, Geheimnisnacht, Mordheim) or they are very limited in what they do(Chaosbane). I've had enough of Vermintide, but it hardly fits into the mold of a classic RPG anyhow.

Does any of that make sense?