Recent Topics

Ads

So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Let's talk about... everything else
vobex16

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#121 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:22 pm

Cornerback wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:29 pm
roadkillrobin wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:52 pm 1: Higher experience skilled level player without NB vs. lower experience skill level player with NB = Higher experience skills wins.

2: Higher experience skilled level player without NB vs. higher experience skill level player with NB = Minimal impact on the outcome. I'd say individual skill 99%, NB 1%.

3: Higher experience skilled level player with NB vs. lower experience skill level player without NB = High skill wins nonetheless.

4: Lower experience skilled level player without NB vs. lower experience skill level player with NB = NB may affect the outcome

Given these hypothetical situations, that pretty much only affects a player base who's most likely not experienced enough to be able to determine if of they are playing against someone with this addon, I find it rather astounding that so much energy are put into the removal of an addon that does fix a heap of clumsy class mechanics and combat designs, as well as can help people with real life physical and material challenges.

Your computer setup have a drastic more impact on the outcome of any fight then this addon does. MMORPG mouse, foot pedal, reliability of ISP, RAM, CPU, GPU for hardware lag minimization. The size of your hands and fingers give better range span to keep fingers on movement keys, while pushing SHIFT/CTRL+ ability keys.

The philosophy on what an addon is allowed to do is an interesting one. In my opinion NB doesn't give enough advantage to validate a ban. If it would push a mediocre player to the level of a higher experience one I would agree, but it doesn't. Spatial awareness (excluding enemy facing due to ping) is the most determine factor of combat if you're solo, in a group or a warband. Banning NB is simply taking away a tool, that's available for everyone that feel they need it, that fixes issues with both class mechanics and player issues without creating any real imbalances.
My thoughts exactly. See my post in the patch notes:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=45386&p=482131#p482131
I am glad that people began to wake up
Karak will never fall!!!

Ads
bubazavr

Post#122 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:35 am

Hi to all fellow ror players( not to gitgut boiz :mrgreen: ).As a former ror player with hands and nervous system problems, I can say that NB was the most effective and simple to use solution for me. But far from the only one. You can still use third party programs (autoclickers, hacked or freeware multiboxing programs, etc.). These options will be less effective, without checking ability duration, etc. You will have to press not 1 - 2 buttons, but 3-4. But not 5-10 ;) . For me, this option was quite acceptable in games without NB like addons, in swtor for example. You will be less successful than the players with the patched NB, but you will still be able to play. And you can still use the not patched NB for kotbs/chosen auras on 1 button and for similar cases. Сhecked it out. :D

neutrino

Post#123 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:57 pm

I'm lol'ing and am amazed how these changes occur without any lead in, reasoning, or rationale. I only theorize its because of someone getting the opportunity through client control to put forth a change they've always wanted. Obviously it should have been foreseen that this would start a shitstorm of debate.

I don't really understand why these types of changes that flip the table over on the community without some lead in makes the game overall any better. My opinion development is going absolutely opposite of what you would want to do in bring a community together and grow the player base. I can't fathom the communications the dev team must have to deal with making these types of changes and dealing with all the fallout. Must not be very fun as a hobby or a good way to enjoy your spare time.
Home of Warhammer Drow "Old School"!

Omegus

Post#124 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:19 pm

neutrino wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:57 pmI only theorize its because of someone getting the opportunity through client control to put forth a change they've always wanted.
Well the initial block was done server-side :P. It's just the follow-up blocks that are (mostly?) being done in the client.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Bozzax

Post#125 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:23 pm

neutrino wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:57 pm I'm lol'ing and am amazed how these changes occur without any lead in, reasoning, or rationale. I only theorize its because of someone getting the opportunity through client control to put forth a change they've always wanted. Obviously it should have been foreseen that this would start a shitstorm of debate.

I don't really understand why these types of changes that flip the table over on the community without some lead in makes the game overall any better. My opinion development is going absolutely opposite of what you would want to do in bring a community together and grow the player base. I can't fathom the communications the dev team must have to deal with making these types of changes and dealing with all the fallout. Must not be very fun as a hobby or a good way to enjoy your spare time.
When what you do take you further away from your goal you might want to reconsider what you do.

However we have a portion of players that finally can show how great they are. That is an important project goal right?
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

sundey

Post#126 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:40 pm

neutrino wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:57 pm I'm lol'ing and am amazed how these changes occur without any lead in, reasoning, or rationale. (Bold added). <...>
"We have never really liked the idea of an addon automating conditional checks for players. Now it is blocked."

Esperflame

Post#127 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:38 am

Kornaker wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:19 pm
Earthcake wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:59 pm
cynicprophet wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:27 pm
removing the NB advantage and make it fair for everyone
Wait, was it only available to some people ??
NB was forbidden in Live some player were kicked ( not ban ) 1week in 2009 for overusing it. And i had a Friend who were kicked too in 2010 ( just before they begin to merge some server).Was never ban for sure as it is not very easy to show a man over abusing the nb mechanic. And nb was overpassing gcd on live.
This add on is in a Line where on left is cheating software and on right creating content for ROR.
Is it the same for every add on? Don't think so...
Ummm, NerfButtons was never forbidden on Live. Beyond some of things about NBs I don't like, I used it because IB has a **** ton of abilities. I used NB to set up a couple of small strings of abilities leaving key abilities like punt/kd/knockback alone on their own because they're abilities that when you need them you need them now, not 1-2 abilities later in a string. Also, Nerfbuttons is an add-on that's available to other MMO's including WoW.

Removing Nerfbuttons makes no sense. If you don't like it, don't use it. Be comforted that people who are using it are stuck with their setups that make their rotations less flexable to adjust to different situations. Yes it can elevate the skill of some players, but it has a ceiling. Good players get held back by using it. Sometimes, people just want to simplify their game and have fun.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

pagimanRalla10

Post#128 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:44 am

I've been playing this game since beta ... had 3 RR 100 chars on the live server and a lot of 80+ chars here on the server.
I am ekin NB despiser and also nobody who lifts it up in the sky. Personally, I found NB to be of real help to players like me. I am now 57 years old and play this MMO because it is unique to me. Meanwhile you tried this game, which had an extraordinary gameplay, to imitate other games.

I think you did some things better than you did on the live server. I thank you for that. But you have made a great many things worse.

The balance on the live server wasn't perfect, but a lot better than here.
You have made so many changes that I cannot understand why they have been changed.
Broken the lion. It is no longer playable on the same level as the broken pet system. Why didn't you even revise this class? It was unique on the live server and here it has become an edge class.
Shadow warriors have been patched back and forth so often that this class has little in common with the origin that it once was.
Swordmaster was competent due to his strong absorption skills. You make the sword master the worst tank of all.
In addition, the whole healing classes as DD often have more effects than a real DD in the game. What shoud that ?? Come back to the origins of the game as it used to be.

I am not surprised that so many players are turning away after the recent changes. There are many other MMOs that are new out now or are causing a hype like WOW Classic. You haven't done yourself any good with it and if you don't bring back the fun of the game for people, which also includes such addons as NB, then your project is doomed sooner or later.

In the sense
your blazes

Ads
tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#129 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:59 am

sundey wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:40 pm
neutrino wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:57 pm I'm lol'ing and am amazed how these changes occur without any lead in, reasoning, or rationale. (Bold added). <...>
"We have never really liked the idea of an addon automating conditional checks for players. Now it is blocked."
WE don't like how YOU play.

Omegus

Post#130 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:17 am

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16228

Same discussions since 2016 lol
Zomega: RR8x Zealot