Recent Topics

Ads

So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Community Management

User avatar
Sciberr
Posts: 66
Contact:

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#201 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:42 am

Can anyone hook me up with a NB fix?! PM me on discord! - Sciber#5598

Ads
User avatar
Gyurza83
Posts: 60

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#202 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:30 pm

Stop whining already. In the end, the developers have already done the most important thing. They weren't doing nonsense like fixing pets, rebalancing new skills, restoring LV or Land of the Dead. And they turned off NB cheating, it was really evil, it allowed you to switch between different characters without much loss of efficiency due to lack of muscle memory. It's unbearable. Without NB, everyone is now equal (they were equal before, but with NB), except for people with macro mice and macro keyboards (but of course they are not). Therefore, this is great news for those who can't the quality to tune NB. Made for you a wonderful addition in one day, on knee, for everyone. Rejoice.

User avatar
Antelfa
Posts: 7

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#203 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:08 pm

to remove an addon from those who have used it for 15 years and profoundly unfair ... NB has never been a "cheat" ... it has always been available to everyone ... someone has never used it, others have always use like me ... I don't see how you can expect a 58 year old to learn to play without ... it is much easier for you to learn how to use NB ... take an examination of conscience and restore everything as before.
Ciao ciao ... Antonius/Annuki/Coso

Keula
Posts: 73

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#204 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:05 pm

So I have never used nerfed buttons and as it's very confusing what NB can and cannot do based on comments, I'll just ask with some fancy examples cause I just need to know. Could NB do the following on a Shield DOK:

-Transfer and Consume Essence on same button, with a conditional to use CE if SE above X otherwise use TE unless out of AP
-The other way around on a different button to use TE if SE below Y and not out of AP otherwise use CE
-On top of that to use rend soul instead of TE/CE if defensive target is less than X% health and SE Above 50
-Snare conditional in the debuff string with all the snare ID:s so it wont use a snare if they are already snared, if yes can it also be set with if the snare only has X seconds left then use it
-How many abilities with different things can you actually have on 1 button? So lets say Warding strike if no other parry debuff or no warding strike buff on myself, Lacerate/Sanguinary if target does not have them on, Flay if no snare things from above text, Shatter if shatterable things, Consume Strength if no other strength buff on me, PE if other things are not needed and if PE on CD and other things are not needed use TE, all on 1 button possible?
-Use a pot only if at % health and have fancier pots for lower %(if true, also had a dumb idea to combine this with auto-click macros for "auto-pot" function that's probably against TOS)
-Put AP pots in almost all ability strings if AP less X
-Put the 1.15s delay on the button presses so you never miss perfect GCD assuming this ancient text is still true: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22890#p255384 (which after some quick testing spamming 1 ability might not so this point may be irrelevant)


IF(big IF) some of that was possible. Man. I missed out.
If NONE of that is possible, meh, didn't miss out on much other than 1 button pots and 1 button random debuffs.
Alteredheal 84 DOK
Azerrad 78 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

Omegus
Posts: 975

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#205 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:53 pm

Keula wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:05 pm So I have never used nerfed buttons and as it's very confusing what NB can and cannot do based on comments, I'll just ask with some fancy examples cause I just need to know. Could NB do the following on a Shield DOK:

-Transfer and Consume Essence on same button, with a conditional to use CE if SE above X otherwise use TE unless out of AP
-The other way around on a different button to use TE if SE below Y and not out of AP otherwise use CE
-On top of that to use rend soul instead of TE/CE if defensive target is less than X% health and SE Above 50
-Snare conditional in the debuff string with all the snare ID:s so it wont use a snare if they are already snared, if yes can it also be set with if the snare only has X seconds left then use it
-How many abilities with different things can you actually have on 1 button? So lets say Warding strike if no other parry debuff or no warding strike buff on myself, Lacerate/Sanguinary if target does not have them on, Flay if no snare things from above text, Shatter if shatterable things, Consume Strength if no other strength buff on me, PE if other things are not needed and if PE on CD and other things are not needed use TE, all on 1 button possible?
-Use a pot only if at % health and have fancier pots for lower %(if true, also had a dumb idea to combine this with auto-click macros for "auto-pot" function that's probably against TOS)
-Put AP pots in almost all ability strings if AP less X
-Put the 1.15s delay on the button presses so you never miss perfect GCD assuming this ancient text is still true: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22890#p255384 (which after some quick testing spamming 1 ability might not so this point may be irrelevant)


IF(big IF) some of that was possible. Man. I missed out.
If NONE of that is possible, meh, didn't miss out on much other than 1 button pots and 1 button random debuffs.
Pretty much yes to all including that giant sequence you described with all the conditions. The only thing that isn't applicable is the GCD stuff which as you said isn't relevant any more. I'm not 100% sure on combining potions with abilities but the game treats them similarly behind the scenes so even if NB couldn't do it, it's still something that could've been added to it.

User avatar
Akalukz
Posts: 1251

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#206 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:56 pm

Keula wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:05 pm So I have never used nerfed buttons and as it's very confusing what NB can and cannot do based on comments, I'll just ask with some fancy examples cause I just need to know. Could NB do the following on a Shield DOK:

-Transfer and Consume Essence on same button, with a conditional to use CE if SE above X otherwise use TE unless out of AP
-The other way around on a different button to use TE if SE below Y and not out of AP otherwise use CE
-On top of that to use rend soul instead of TE/CE if defensive target is less than X% health and SE Above 50
-Snare conditional in the debuff string with all the snare ID:s so it wont use a snare if they are already snared, if yes can it also be set with if the snare only has X seconds left then use it
-How many abilities with different things can you actually have on 1 button? So lets say Warding strike if no other parry debuff or no warding strike buff on myself, Lacerate/Sanguinary if target does not have them on, Flay if no snare things from above text, Shatter if shatterable things, Consume Strength if no other strength buff on me, PE if other things are not needed and if PE on CD and other things are not needed use TE, all on 1 button possible?
-Use a pot only if at % health and have fancier pots for lower %(if true, also had a dumb idea to combine this with auto-click macros for "auto-pot" function that's probably against TOS)
-Put AP pots in almost all ability strings if AP less X
-Put the 1.15s delay on the button presses so you never miss perfect GCD assuming this ancient text is still true: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22890#p255384 (which after some quick testing spamming 1 ability might not so this point may be irrelevant)


IF(big IF) some of that was possible. Man. I missed out.
If NONE of that is possible, meh, didn't miss out on much other than 1 button pots and 1 button random debuffs.
In theory you could do a lot of those things, but in actuality most would be too complicated to setup and bug out. NB was good with basic things, positionals, cc immunity checks / stacks. Give it too many things and it breaks.
-= Agony =-

Pinrri
Posts: 8

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#207 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:24 am

Gyurza83 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:30 pm Stop whining already. In the end, the developers have already done the most important thing. They weren't doing nonsense like fixing pets, rebalancing new skills, restoring LV or Land of the Dead. And they turned off NB cheating, it was really evil, it allowed you to switch between different characters without much loss of efficiency due to lack of muscle memory. It's unbearable. Without NB, everyone is now equal (they were equal before, but with NB), except for people with macro mice and macro keyboards (but of course they are not). Therefore, this is great news for those who can't the quality to tune NB. Made for you a wonderful addition in one day, on knee, for everyone. Rejoice.
Lol your tears are deliciuos.

Stop crying about an addon who plays for you with pathetic arguments about "muscle memory" and improve your performance playing.

Why does a person spamming a button have to be as effective as a person who has to press 20 buttons and also make their own decisions?

It's totally unfair.

User avatar
necrolord666
Posts: 9

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#208 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:27 am

Pinrri wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:24 am Stop crying about an addon who plays for you with pathetic arguments about "muscle memory" and improve your performance playing.
Just to remind you, this game was ahead of it's era when it came to complexity of mechanics and amount of utility each character had.
Even wow had macro mechanics to make gameplay easier.

Those were the days of new generation of players, thus AOR was too hard to understand, thus it failed.

If you want to make a circle, go ahead.
You won't make a pro scene in ROR and nobody will worship u, just because you press 40 more keybinds and track 30 more buffs/debuffs manually.

Ads
abezverkhiy
Posts: 547

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#209 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:09 am

necrolord666 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:27 am
Pinrri wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:24 am Stop crying about an addon who plays for you with pathetic arguments about "muscle memory" and improve your performance playing.
Just to remind you, this game was ahead of it's era when it came to complexity of mechanics and amount of utility each character had.
Even wow had macro mechanics to make gameplay easier.

Those were the days of new generation of players, thus AOR was too hard to understand, thus it failed.

If you want to make a circle, go ahead.
You won't make a pro scene in ROR and nobody will worship u, just because you press 40 more keybinds and track 30 more buffs/debuffs manually.
Actually, I have to agree with that. Take a look at successfull MMO with a similar setting - GW2. There are 5 buttons for weapon related abilities, 5 buttons for heal-utilities-elite skills, one-four special buttons for class very special features and that is it. And at the same time, some abilities are groupped into ability chains and some combinations of abilities produce very strong effects. Pretty much what NB did GW2 does by default and nobody objects that.
JohanRuth WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL
Forced Entry Guild

User avatar
Gyurza83
Posts: 60

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#210 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:41 am

Pinrri wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:24 am Lol your tears are deliciuos.

Stop crying about an addon who plays for you with pathetic arguments about "muscle memory" and improve your performance playing.

Why does a person spamming a button have to be as effective as a person who has to press 20 buttons and also make their own decisions?

It's totally unfair.
Brother. I'll tell you a secret when you drop morale because the warband leader told you so - it's not a skill. When you feverishly poke at the buttons while running in circles, this is not a skill. When a person thinks that NB immediately helps to become an imba player, this is not a skill.

When another unknown hero tells me to learn to play, I find it funny. For each character, I had about 10 chains, which I tested, corrected when it seemed to the next developer that he was adjusting the balance, studied each ability, under what conditions it works in order to insert it into the rotation in the correct order and this did not lead to a decrease in efficiency ... I did this work so that at any time I could enter the character needed by the guild and not be a ballast. And you tell me to learn to play?

It wasn't the NB shutdown that pissed me off, I don't care. I would switch to the main one and forget about the rest of the characters for a while. It pissed me off that instead of really important things that need to be done here and now (a bunch of broken mechanics, content that has not been updated for a long time, absolutely unplayable ranked scenes), people began to rework the concept, when a casual game turns into a hard pro game. And when they were asked the question: Why? They started talking some kind of nonsense that they never liked something.

Tell me, in your opinion, what was the need to remove the NB, without correcting the previously mentioned problems?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests