Recent Topics

Ads

So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Let's talk about... everything else
abezverkhiy

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#211 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:47 am

Gyurza83 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:41 am It wasn't the NB shutdown that pissed me off, I don't care. I would switch to the main one and forget about the rest of the characters for a while. It pissed me off that instead of really important things that need to be done here and now (a bunch of broken mechanics, content that has not been updated for a long time, absolutely unplayable ranked scenes), people began to rework the concept, when a casual game turns into a hard pro game. And when they were asked the question: Why? They started talking some kind of nonsense that they never liked something.

Tell me, in your opinion, what was the need to remove the NB, without correcting the previously mentioned problems?
Quite **** true
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
Pinrri

Post#212 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:21 pm

necrolord666 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:27 am Just to remind you, this game was ahead of it's era when it came to complexity of mechanics and amount of utility each character had.
Even wow had macro mechanics to make gameplay easier.

Those were the days of new generation of players, thus AOR was too hard to understand, thus it failed.

If you want to make a circle, go ahead.
You won't make a pro scene in ROR and nobody will worship u, just because you press 40 more keybinds and track 30 more buffs/debuffs manually.
What you can do with the macro system in WOW is nowhere near what you can do with NB.

I would totally agree to have an addon that emulates the WOW macro system.

Gyurza83 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:41 am Brother. I'll tell you a secret when you drop morale because the warband leader told you so - it's not a skill. When you feverishly poke at the buttons while running in circles, this is not a skill. When a person thinks that NB immediately helps to become an imba player, this is not a skill.
Yes, it is skill, leading, and playing, and if it donsnt require any skill, then whats the problem of no using NB?

Gyurza83 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:41 am When another unknown hero tells me to learn to play, I find it funny. For each character, I had about 10 chains, which I tested, corrected when it seemed to the next developer that he was adjusting the balance, studied each ability, under what conditions it works in order to insert it into the rotation in the correct order and this did not lead to a decrease in efficiency ... I did this work so that at any time I could enter the character needed by the guild and not be a ballast. And you tell me to learn to play?
L2P or keep crying, i have one character of each role with 20+ keybinds and i dont cry cause my "muscle memory" xD
Gyurza83 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:41 am It wasn't the NB shutdown that pissed me off, I don't care. I would switch to the main one and forget about the rest of the characters for a while. It pissed me off that instead of really important things that need to be done here and now (a bunch of broken mechanics, content that has not been updated for a long time, absolutely unplayable ranked scenes), people began to rework the concept, when a casual game turns into a hard pro game. And when they were asked the question: Why? They started talking some kind of nonsense that they never liked something.

Tell me, in your opinion, what was the need to remove the NB, without correcting the previously mentioned problems?
Its only a step forward, take it easy, your playing a free game with constant updates and maintained by the admins for free. They are going in the right direcction.

carthan

Post#213 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:08 pm

mynban wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:53 am Silliest part of the arguement about anti NB crowd is their claim that NB was used in the most abusive manner possible. Reality is majority as in 90%+ of NB users did not bother with stuff like that.

And the people who were pushing for limit to abuse NB? Those people are still abusing their macro mouse/keyboards with perfect 1.15 input delay chains, with maximized UIs that remove any unnecessary clutter, flashing big neon lights that says *press X now* on their screen based on conditional checks. It is utterly stupid to think there ever was a fair gameplay to begin with. Majority of people with NB wanted to chill, and be able to play on various characters for fun after a long day at work. They were the kind of people filling up SC queues and WBs when you needed more people.

Also we are pretending this game has any form of fairness or balance at all??

T2+ zones pit RR80+ sovereign vs lvl 20~ players where they might also outnumber them 1 to 3. This game is zerg vs zerg, draw of the luck. Same for SCs, it might be a SC with premade rr80+ vs barely 40+ pugs with no healers/tanks.

And then you claim NB was the breaking point of battles??

What about other mandatory addons if you want to do anything serious in game?

Going into an organized WB or even a party without enemy AND discord? They wont let you in. Being a tank without tether? Forget about it. Choosing your unguarded target without a customized buffhead that checks conditionals? Or keep tracking of immunities without buffhead? Yea right. Forget addons city warbands wont even consider taking certain classes at all, no matter how well equipped they are or what addons they have, balance is that bad.

People in WBs dont even choose their own targets, they just attack the target enemy/swiftassist marks for them.

People really need to get their heads out of their butts. Most people were here because totalwar warhammer and vermintide made us nostalgic about this outdated chunk, then a few friends said they were here and jumped on. If anyone thinks most people are here because of outdated mechanics, which were not even well executed for its time to begin with...?? Yeah think again. Take out nostalgia and Warhammer Fantasy world, people wouldn't even look at this.

This is the point you say 'bye, game is better without you', keep saying it to every casual and lets see what happens when pop drops under 300 and you get a SC once every 45 min.

Rant over, back to totalwar W2 now.

Fully agree. This is pretty much what I wrote here. I am still tracking this whole NB ordeal, but with more and more fading interest. This NB hate actually alienated me to the point that I don't know if I want to come back even if it gets reverted. I might miss the game, but the game and especially the community won't miss me. I will probably wander off to GW2, but there are plenty of options.
I came here to play for fun and nostalgia, not to be competitive. Now keep telling me that this game is not for me or that I am just salty. Makes it easier to make my peace and leave for good then. To those that think I just want to have the game to play for me: You just don't get it...

Antelfa

Post#214 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:39 pm

It is your inability to use Nerfed Buttons that makes you decide to block it ... in short, envy. Now you find that you are poor anyway ... maybe because you lack the determination or the courage ... that's just what I really think.
Ciao ciao ... Antonius/Annuki/Coso

Pinrri

Post#215 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:23 pm

carthan wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:08 pm
I came here to play for fun and nostalgia, not to be competitive.
If you play for nostalgia and not for being competitive, why do you want to be competitive thanks to NB?

If you play for nostalgia, the game does not change with NB, it is still the same game, but of course, you are much more competitive playing with NB than without NB ...

Are you sure you only play for nostalgia and don't want to be competitive?
Last edited by Pinrri on Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunshinefuntime

Post#216 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:30 pm

Pinrri wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:21 pm
Good lord buddy calm down. Looks like youre quite adament about telling another player how to player their game instead of working on how you can overcome those players regardless of any addon they are using.

Take a page from your own book, learn to compensate instead of trying to dictate what another player should do.

I mean honestly, the arguments thrown out against NB are pretty weak. Its always someone telling another player that they have an unfair advantage, and then not being able to actually articulate what that advantage might be.

Ill make sure to check these responses so I can help you bros to understand.

sunshinefuntime

Post#217 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:31 pm

My point stands - soon there will be no one left to ban. :-(

Pinrri

Post#218 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:36 pm

sunshinefuntime wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:30 pm
Pinrri wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:21 pm
I mean honestly, the arguments thrown out against NB are pretty weak. Its always someone telling another player that they have an unfair advantage, and then not being able to actually articulate what that advantage might be.
Oh sure, the conditional checks, position checks, on cd checks are "a pretty weak argument" xd

In other any MMORPG this would be instabaned without any discussion lol

Ads
Earthcake

Post#219 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:38 pm

Pinrri wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:23 pm
of course, you are much more competitive playing with NB than without NB ...
Wait, cause I wanna be SURE to understand.
NB makes you better.
The best players are usually the ones that WANT to be the best, so they use everything that will make them better.
So the best players (minus SOME exceptions, very, very few exceptions) were using NB.

Yet everybody here is acting as a champion cause they weren't using NB... :roll:

sunshinefuntime

Post#220 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:42 pm

Earthcake wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:38 pm
Pinrri wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:23 pm
of course, you are much more competitive playing with NB than without NB ...
Wait, cause I wanna be SURE to understand.
NB makes you better.
The best players are usually the ones that WANT to be the best, so they use everything that will make them better.
So the best players (minus SOME exceptions, very, very few exceptions) were using NB.

Yet everybody here is acting as a champion cause they weren't using NB... :roll:
He will never be able to fully articulate his point because it comes from a place of emotional anger; "Someone can do something I havent taken the time to understand, so i dont like that."

you see it over and over here. You can either allow UI customization and all the addons that comes with it, or you have a mostly pre-set UI in th spirit of "keeping things fair"