Recent Topics

Ads

So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Let's talk about... everything else
sunshinefuntime

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#221 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:45 pm

Pinrri wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:36 pm
sunshinefuntime wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:30 pm
Pinrri wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:21 pm
I mean honestly, the arguments thrown out against NB are pretty weak. Its always someone telling another player that they have an unfair advantage, and then not being able to actually articulate what that advantage might be.
Oh sure, the conditional checks, position checks, on cd checks are "a pretty weak argument" xd

In other any MMORPG this would be instabaned without any discussion lol
I used conditional and position checks in shadowbane, lineage ii, ascherons call, dark age of camelot before i played war.. and i always used macros in UO (everyone did)

im not sure what mmorpg you're referencing? i usually stick to the pvp only ones.

another funny point - i never found it useful to use nerf buttons in warhammer until i rolled an alt in 2010 - my main was always a chosen. lol

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#222 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:51 pm

I used NB on my WH. It helped me playing with 320 ping. Yes, conditionals and positionals. Made playing enjoyable.

For other toons I simply did not care using NB.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

necrolord666

Post#223 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:29 pm

carthan wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:08 pm I came here to play for fun and nostalgia, not to be competitive.
this game is all about being competitive actually

Pinrri

Post#224 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:55 pm

Earthcake wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:38 pm
Pinrri wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:23 pm
of course, you are much more competitive playing with NB than without NB ...
Wait, cause I wanna be SURE to understand.
NB makes you better.
The best players are usually the ones that WANT to be the best, so they use everything that will make them better.
So the best players (minus SOME exceptions, very, very few exceptions) were using NB.

Yet everybody here is acting as a champion cause they weren't using NB... :roll:

NB makes you better if you are a bad player, the best players dosnt need NB, its not hard to underdstand.
sunshinefuntime wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:42 pm
He will never be able to fully articulate his point because it comes from a place of emotional anger; "Someone can do something I havent taken the time to understand, so i dont like that."

you see it over and over here. You can either allow UI customization and all the addons that comes with it, or you have a mostly pre-set UI in th spirit of "keeping things fair"
It's a totally waste of time discuss with someone who dont want to improve and get better and hope's an addon plays for he.
sunshinefuntime wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:30 pm
I used conditional and position checks in shadowbane, lineage ii, ascherons call, dark age of camelot before i played war.. and i always used macros in UO (everyone did)

im not sure what mmorpg you're referencing? i usually stick to the pvp only ones.

another funny point - i never found it useful to use nerf buttons in warhammer until i rolled an alt in 2010 - my main was always a chosen. lol
Lol lineage 2 when they released a masterpiece of **** where literally everyone can BOT with the tools of the game, and the game is full of bots, dont make me laugh.

Spellbound

Post#225 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:12 pm

necrolord666 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:29 pm
carthan wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:08 pm I came here to play for fun and nostalgia, not to be competitive.
You have to cater to all playstyles. PvErs, Casuals, Hardcore, oRvR players, Roleplayers, Scenario players, City/Fort loggers, ToK farming, Twink players, craft farmers, gold diggers. Hardcore/ranked is a very small population which hurt more of all other playstyles. You can't make a statement discounting the rest of the population because they don't play like you. Everyone has their reasons.

ismetto

Post#226 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:00 pm

I talked to GMs many times about this issue and it made me happy. I think all addons should be removed and everything will be a surprise. good players win..
the last problem is that wl and marauder are more aoe than choppa.. :mrgreen:
Live Server Karak Azgal / Norn - Ismetto
RR8X Punisher (Da Magnog Killa)
Youtube

carthan

Post#227 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:45 pm

Spellbound wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:12 pm
necrolord666 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:29 pm
You have to cater to all playstyles. PvErs, Casuals, Hardcore, oRvR players, Roleplayers, Scenario players, City/Fort loggers, ToK farming, Twink players, craft farmers, gold diggers. Hardcore/ranked is a very small population which hurt more of all other playstyles. You can't make a statement discounting the rest of the population because they don't play like you. Everyone has their reasons.

Exactly. I can even quote myself again here (though i will cut it down to the relevent part) since my position on this didn't change:

carthan wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:29 am [...]
I played a long time without any Addons at all. Even with a class that is not reliant on many skills to work I just didn't use all. I didn't even bother to clutter my interface with them. It was then, when fate struck me in the form of NB and other Addons. I could finally utilize all skills I had to my disposal. Made one big conditioned sequencer... and fell flat. It DOES NOT work that way. Had to do multiple (some conditioned) sequences mostly with 1-3 Skills and filled my skill bars pretty good anyway. This was such a good improvement to my game experience. I REALLY had fun.
[...]
It seems a minority of elite players are dictating how to play the game for everyone. I play the game for fun. I like the PvE part because I really like the Warhammer lore and I did read all the quest texts and I actually wanted to finish and read ALL the quests.
It is the nostalgia that made me start to play again (played AoR). I really liked to feel being part of a horde storming a keep/fort. As if NB miraculously would have changed the outcome of the battle... But the game is old and the mechanics (buttonacrobatics) are tiresome. NB invigorated my desire to play again or rather keep playing.
[...]

raistomen

Post#228 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:38 pm

zulnam wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:32 am Can confirm I've heard talks about certain groups of people having access to an altered NB that still works.

I for one am happy for it's removal. In a classic pvp mmorpg, shortcut management and memory is part of the competitive edge. You don't ask for an aimbot in counter strike to "level" the playing field against opponents with faster reflexes.

But I feel like this is truly a divisive matter and should be dealt with tact. Guilds I've heard about or talked with so far have all had a 50-50 split on the issue, with some wanting NB banned and some not. And, while I don't agree with those that went out of their way to literally cheat instead of adapt, I also don't want to see them driven off or perma banned, since they are part of the community (for better, or worse).

Not sure how we can help them tbh, short (HAH) of making a guide on shortcut management. Seriously, fellas; it ain't that hard.

1-5
Alt+1-5
Ctrl+1-5
Shift+1-5
Q
E
Alt+Q
Alt+E
Shift+Q
Shift+E

^- 26 buttons. Don't even need an MMO mouse for that.
EVERQUEST HAD MACROS

kids these days

thinking they OG for playing WoW

Ads
MonkeyHead

Post#229 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:21 pm

raistomen wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:38 pm
zulnam wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:32 am Can confirm I've heard talks about certain groups of people having access to an altered NB that still works.

I for one am happy for it's removal. In a classic pvp mmorpg, shortcut management and memory is part of the competitive edge. You don't ask for an aimbot in counter strike to "level" the playing field against opponents with faster reflexes.

But I feel like this is truly a divisive matter and should be dealt with tact. Guilds I've heard about or talked with so far have all had a 50-50 split on the issue, with some wanting NB banned and some not. And, while I don't agree with those that went out of their way to literally cheat instead of adapt, I also don't want to see them driven off or perma banned, since they are part of the community (for better, or worse).

Not sure how we can help them tbh, short (HAH) of making a guide on shortcut management. Seriously, fellas; it ain't that hard.

1-5
Alt+1-5
Ctrl+1-5
Shift+1-5
Q
E
Alt+Q
Alt+E
Shift+Q
Shift+E

^- 26 buttons. Don't even need an MMO mouse for that.
EVERQUEST HAD MACROS

kids these days

thinking they OG for playing WoW
Hey everyone, we can all calm down now, this guy found the Alt key! We were all just too stupid to know that we could bind more than 5 abilities. Man how foolish it was to build a complex system to manage buttons when we could just all contort our hands in crazy ways to hit a key for the 26 skills this game has that should really just be 5... Huzza for our savior the alt key finder!

Dabbart

Post#230 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:17 am

Btw, on the 26 hotkeys:
x4 movement Keys(WASD)
Jump
Armor Pot
Liniment/Stat Pot
x2 health pots
x2 AP Pots
HoT pot
Absorp pot
Snare pot
Flame pot
X4 Morales
Flee
Mount
Assist
Target

That's 23 hotkeys(w/o some form of sequencer), that every class should have/use.

Take a fairly simple class like WP/DoK;

Detaunt
Cleanse
Grp Heal
ST HoT
ST Heal(AP)
ST Heal(Resources)
Grp Hot
Grp Shield
Supplication
Rez
AoE Punt
Smite
Silence
Shatter
Snare
x2 Auras
Fist of Khaine/Judgement

That's another 18. While leaving 10ish abilities off your hotbar(not counting SnB and 2h/DW abilities). That's 41 hotkeys, for some of the simplest classes. Any tank will have more, IB/BG will have over 60. Sure, you don't "have" to have everything on a hotkey, but that is just limiting your gameplay if you have to click abilities. Why would you do that? The use of some form of sequencer is almost mandatory imo, unless ofc you're a 380+APM pro.

Btw, I used 34 hotkeys on my toons with NB: `, Tab, F1-4, 1-4, QERT, M1, M2, Shift+1-4 QERT, Alt+ 1-4 QERT, WASD, Space. Generally, the most I would string out would be 3 abilities tied to one key. More than that and you get hamstrung.

Lastly... Can I ask the long term solution here? Anyone can create an addon for RoR. Anyone can alter scripts or create a macro(press ESC, Macro, and there is a list of precreated ones to use or use Google) with just a little knowledge. So, what's the long game here? Will players be banned for using unapproved addons as botters? Are you going to make a list of approved, and banned addons? Will you be scanning active addons upon server login? Or will it simply be the cool kids that can stack hotkeys efficiently, and the rest play 2/3 of their class?

/rant.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.