Recent Topics

Ads

So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Let's talk about... everything else
wachlarz

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#161 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:14 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:58 pm
mynban wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:50 am
agemennon675 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:46 am The conflicted posts from some players on this thread are really funny, some say using NB with conditionals are laggy and ineffective also puts you at a disadvantage yet they want it back badly ? lol. Some of them think its not game breaking and definetly not cheating just a little QoL addon yet they are extremely mad that some guilds or a few players using it with little workarounds? lol.
Not rocket science, lets remove any other popular addon and see what happens.
If they removed enemy or buffhead tomorrow, all NB haters would be rioting on forums.
No, we would try to adapt, its not a problem because most of us probably started playing this with a vanilla UI, and if it was blocked its blocked for everyone. RoR staff can start banning players who keep using the addon if they want to but seems like they dont want to do that right now(dont know why). Maybe they just want to test the waters. As a side note here, if you cannot perform good without NB because you cannot press alot of different buttons than maybe you should not perform better ? Its a pvp game after all, I wouldnt care which addon anyone use if this was a pve only game real players playing against you, if we make addons to play for us whats the point of competition ?
Didint know we join in 2022 e-sport and will be reward for first place with 1000000$ prize. I think game was restored for fans not promastafastaclickbuttons.

Ads
Omegus

Post#162 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:13 pm

Brakh wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:25 am This patch bringed so far only upset and resignation of about 10-15% pop (comparing to the last few weeks). The NB is still working well for certain groups of people. It is unable to block it with current game infrastructure. However, the whole situation may bring more harm. The tech players realized that addons structure is fairly simple and started to dig...
Wait for the next round of blocks to go live ;)
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#163 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:16 pm

Every addon give advantages to users over ppl who dont use them....every addon should be removed and everyone should play with default UI => this is how REAL pvprs should play...

Why is OK to use theter to track the distance between guarded target?? is a cheat addon....gives a clear advantage to users over the ones who play without it.

Lawmay

Post#164 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:26 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:46 am The conflicted posts from some players on this thread are really funny, some say using NB with conditionals are laggy and ineffective also puts you at a disadvantage yet they want it back badly ? lol. Some of them think its not game breaking and definetly not cheating just a little QoL addon yet they are extremely mad that some guilds or a few players using it with little workarounds? lol.
If they removed enemy or buffhead tomorrow, all NB haters would be rioting on forums.
No, we would try to adapt, its not a problem because most of us probably started playing this with a vanilla UI, and if it was blocked its blocked for everyone. RoR staff can start banning players who keep using the addon if they want to but seems like they dont want to do that right now(dont know why). Maybe they just want to test the waters. As a side note here, if you cannot perform good without NB because you cannot press alot of different buttons than maybe you should not perform better ? Its a pvp game after all, I wouldnt care which addon anyone use if this was a pve only game real players playing against you, if we make addons to play for us whats the point of competition ?
Perfect compromise here, if this is even possible. How about the changes that the devs made to the code only go in to effect in Ranked. But outside of ranked, NB works as normal. That way people like myself, can still play the game and have fun, but not the ruin ranked for those who want a more pure competitive experience. Again, dunno if this is even possible to code, but wouldn't that be a fair compromise?

By the way, even though I'm one of the people who have a physical disability that makes playing the game at a decent level physically painful without something like NB, I'm glad to see someone just being honest and directly addressing the disability issue and saying "meh, then maybe the game just isn't for you". Because that honesty lets us move forward in the conversation, rather than the majority of anti NB arguments being "lolololol git gud scrub my epeen is bigger than urs". Thoughts on the proposed compromise?

agemennon675

Post#165 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:20 pm

Lawmay wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:26 pm

Perfect compromise here, if this is even possible. How about the changes that the devs made to the code only go in to effect in Ranked. But outside of ranked, NB works as normal. That way people like myself, can still play the game and have fun, but not the ruin ranked for those who want a more pure competitive experience. Again, dunno if this is even possible to code, but wouldn't that be a fair compromise?

By the way, even though I'm one of the people who have a physical disability that makes playing the game at a decent level physically painful without something like NB, I'm glad to see someone just being honest and directly addressing the disability issue and saying "meh, then maybe the game just isn't for you". Because that honesty lets us move forward in the conversation, rather than the majority of anti NB arguments being "lolololol git gud scrub my epeen is bigger than urs". Thoughts on the proposed compromise?
Why ? Other parts of the game are also mostly pvp focused not only ranked, this game itself is pvp focused, you are playing against other humans not bots. Which means we need rules against botting, cheating, unfair advantages, if an addon like NB or any other addon has that grey areas its usage should be prevented. But that decision is not up to the players, its the ror stuff that needs to decide what is cheating or unfair. We can only give feedback. My feedback is clear; I think this addon with its conditional checks is unfair, you can set stacks of buffs debuffs on enemies allies and then addon decide which ability player will use with a single press, some said you can put taunt to auto interrupt channelled abilities or checks positionals etc.(never tried doing these myself so I dont know if it works in any way but if this works this is borderline cheating).
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#166 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:27 am

agemennon675 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:20 pm some said you can put taunt to auto interrupt channelled abilities
Not humanly possible within the code of the game to do this - the addon 100% cannot do that. What's with the insane amount of misinformation floating around about NerfedButtons?

nonfactor

Post#167 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:42 am

tvbrowntown wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:27 am
agemennon675 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:20 pm some said you can put taunt to auto interrupt channelled abilities
Not humanly possible within the code of the game to do this - the addon 100% cannot do that. What's with the insane amount of misinformation floating around about NerfedButtons?
bad players use it as a scapegoat/boogeyman simirarily to xrealming

Tenhi

Post#168 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:57 am

nonfactor wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:42 am
tvbrowntown wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:27 am
bad players use it as a scapegoat/boogeyman simirarily to xrealming
Most (??) channeled abilities put a buff on the player that uses it... tried it with Winds of Insanity/Bring it On!/GtdC/HtL. NB can check for buffs on users, usually used to check for immunities right? Now set it up so that it taunts if the buff is up. Raze doesnt give you a buff so I'm not sure how you would set it up for that.

Ads
Earthcake

Post#169 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:46 am

I believe it's possible to setup NB to taunt channels yes.

But I'm not 100% sure since even being an avid NB user, I NEVER tried this cause it would be stupid.
You want to interrupt the right spell at the right time, not have it done for you with no control over it.

mynban

Post#170 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:53 am

Silliest part of the arguement about anti NB crowd is their claim that NB was used in the most abusive manner possible. Reality is majority as in 90%+ of NB users did not bother with stuff like that.

And the people who were pushing for limit to abuse NB? Those people are still abusing their macro mouse/keyboards with perfect 1.15 input delay chains, with maximized UIs that remove any unnecessary clutter, flashing big neon lights that says *press X now* on their screen based on conditional checks. It is utterly stupid to think there ever was a fair gameplay to begin with. Majority of people with NB wanted to chill, and be able to play on various characters for fun after a long day at work. They were the kind of people filling up SC queues and WBs when you needed more people.

Also we are pretending this game has any form of fairness or balance at all??

T2+ zones pit RR80+ sovereign vs lvl 20~ players where they might also outnumber them 1 to 3. This game is zerg vs zerg, draw of the luck. Same for SCs, it might be a SC with premade rr80+ vs barely 40+ pugs with no healers/tanks.

And then you claim NB was the breaking point of battles??

What about other mandatory addons if you want to do anything serious in game?

Going into an organized WB or even a party without enemy AND discord? They wont let you in. Being a tank without tether? Forget about it. Choosing your unguarded target without a customized buffhead that checks conditionals? Or keep tracking of immunities without buffhead? Yea right. Forget addons city warbands wont even consider taking certain classes at all, no matter how well equipped they are or what addons they have, balance is that bad.

People in WBs dont even choose their own targets, they just attack the target enemy/swiftassist marks for them.

People really need to get their heads out of their butts. Most people were here because totalwar warhammer and vermintide made us nostalgic about this outdated chunk, then a few friends said they were here and jumped on. If anyone thinks most people are here because of outdated mechanics, which were not even well executed for its time to begin with...?? Yeah think again. Take out nostalgia and Warhammer Fantasy world, people wouldn't even look at this.

This is the point you say 'bye, game is better without you', keep saying it to every casual and lets see what happens when pop drops under 300 and you get a SC once every 45 min.

Rant over, back to totalwar W2 now.
Last edited by mynban on Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.