Recent Topics

Ads

So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Let's talk about... everything else
Gyurza83

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#171 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:05 am

The truth is that if you are a good player, you don't care what addons the enemy has, if you are a crappy player, then all opponents become cheaters with NB and bypassing GCD.

Ads
alxnam

Post#172 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:45 am

Gyurza83 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:05 am The truth is that if you are a good player, you don't care what addons the enemy has, if you are a crappy player, then all opponents become cheaters with NB and bypassing GCD.
+100

I am still tracking changes, although not that interested anymore, got into eso already, so even if it's reverted I will have big doubts if I should return, the only thing I regret of is a year of wasted time and efforts.
Just saying devs literally wasting their time and damage is already done.

Gyurza83

Post#173 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:50 am

mynban wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:53 am Silliest part of the arguement about anti NB crowd is their claim that NB was used in the most abusive manner possible. Reality is majority as in 90%+ of NB users did not bother with stuff like that.

And the people who were pushing for limit to abuse NB? Those people are still abusing their macro mouse/keyboards with perfect 1.15 input delay chains, with maximized UIs that remove any unnecessary clutter, flashing big neon lights that says *press X now* on their screen based on conditional checks. It is utterly stupid to think there ever was a fair gameplay to begin with. Majority of people with NB wanted to chill, and be able to play on various characters for fun after a long day at work. They were the kind of people filling up SC queues and WBs when you needed more people.

Also we are pretending this game has any form of fairness or balance at all??

T2+ zones pit RR80+ sovereign vs lvl 20~ players where they might also outnumber them 1 to 3. This game is zerg vs zerg, draw of the luck. Same for SCs, it might be a SC with premade rr80+ vs barely 40+ pugs with no healers/tanks.

And then you claim NB was the breaking point of battles??

What about other mandatory addons if you want to do anything serious in game?

Going into an organized WB or even a party without enemy AND discord? They wont let you in. Being a tank without tether? Forget about it. Choosing your unguarded target without a customized buffhead that checks conditionals? Or keep tracking of immunities without buffhead? Yea right. Forget addons city warbands wont even consider taking certain classes at all, no matter how well equipped they are or what addons they have, balance is that bad.

People in WBs dont even choose their own targets, they just attack the target enemy/swiftassist marks for them.

People really need to get their heads out of their butts. Most people were here because totalwar warhammer and vermintide made us nostalgic about this outdated chunk, then a few friends said they were here and jumped on. If anyone thinks most people are here because of outdated mechanics, which were not even well executed for its time to begin with...?? Yeah think again. Take out nostalgia and Warhammer Fantasy world, people wouldn't even look at this.

This is the point you say 'bye, game is better without you', keep saying it to every casual and lets see what happens when pop drops under 300 and you get a SC once every 45 min.

Rant over, back to totalwar W2 now.
Why don't you understand? ROR is a hardcore pvp game, everyone who comes into the game must be 100% ready for professional work. The monetary reward for winning depends on the quality of the game. You won with NB - that doesn't count. But you won without NB - they will immediately give you a lot of money, earn fame, recognition, and you will be called up to the best esports teams in the world. All players entering the game must either improve their skills or leave immediately as they are useless. Playing the game is really hard work. It should be so!

Vri

Post#174 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:05 am

Gyurza83 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:50 am
mynban wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:53 am Silliest part of the arguement about anti NB crowd is their claim that NB was used in the most abusive manner possible. Reality is majority as in 90%+ of NB users did not bother with stuff like that.

And the people who were pushing for limit to abuse NB? Those people are still abusing their macro mouse/keyboards with perfect 1.15 input delay chains, with maximized UIs that remove any unnecessary clutter, flashing big neon lights that says *press X now* on their screen based on conditional checks. It is utterly stupid to think there ever was a fair gameplay to begin with. Majority of people with NB wanted to chill, and be able to play on various characters for fun after a long day at work. They were the kind of people filling up SC queues and WBs when you needed more people.

Also we are pretending this game has any form of fairness or balance at all??

T2+ zones pit RR80+ sovereign vs lvl 20~ players where they might also outnumber them 1 to 3. This game is zerg vs zerg, draw of the luck. Same for SCs, it might be a SC with premade rr80+ vs barely 40+ pugs with no healers/tanks.

And then you claim NB was the breaking point of battles??

What about other mandatory addons if you want to do anything serious in game?

Going into an organized WB or even a party without enemy AND discord? They wont let you in. Being a tank without tether? Forget about it. Choosing your unguarded target without a customized buffhead that checks conditionals? Or keep tracking of immunities without buffhead? Yea right. Forget addons city warbands wont even consider taking certain classes at all, no matter how well equipped they are or what addons they have, balance is that bad.

People in WBs dont even choose their own targets, they just attack the target enemy/swiftassist marks for them.

People really need to get their heads out of their butts. Most people were here because totalwar warhammer and vermintide made us nostalgic about this outdated chunk, then a few friends said they were here and jumped on. If anyone thinks most people are here because of outdated mechanics, which were not even well executed for its time to begin with...?? Yeah think again. Take out nostalgia and Warhammer Fantasy world, people wouldn't even look at this.

This is the point you say 'bye, game is better without you', keep saying it to every casual and lets see what happens when pop drops under 300 and you get a SC once every 45 min.

Rant over, back to totalwar W2 now.
Why don't you understand? ROR is a hardcore pvp game, everyone who comes into the game must be 100% ready for professional work. The monetary reward for winning depends on the quality of the game. You won with NB - that doesn't count. But you won without NB - they will immediately give you a lot of money, earn fame, recognition, and you will be called up to the best esports teams in the world. All players entering the game must either improve their skills or leave immediately as they are useless. Playing the game is really hard work. It should be so!
This ^ Get sweaty and stop crying about NBs.

abezverkhiy

Post#175 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:12 am

By the way has anyone of you played Guild Wars 2 lately? Did they fix that rvr crazy lag?
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Gyurza83

Post#176 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:15 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:12 am By the way has anyone of you played Guild Wars 2 lately? Did they fix that rvr crazy lag?
There are less than 15 control buttons. Too simple game.

Tosher85

Post#177 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:22 am

Tenhi wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:57 am
nonfactor wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:42 am
tvbrowntown wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:27 am

Not humanly possible within the code of the game to do this - the addon 100% cannot do that. What's with the insane amount of misinformation floating around about NerfedButtons?
bad players use it as a scapegoat/boogeyman simirarily to xrealming
Most (??) channeled abilities put a buff on the player that uses it... tried it with Winds of Insanity/Bring it On!/GtdC/HtL. NB can check for buffs on users, usually used to check for immunities right? Now set it up so that it taunts if the buff is up. Raze doesnt give you a buff so I'm not sure how you would set it up for that.
Not sure if you are reading all the topics about NB. I will type it again and make it more specific. There is a big difference between "can use" and "will use". No one reasonable was/is using NB for immunity checks. There is no way u can use CC's, breck free, taunt and interrupt abs in sequence u r spaming. There is no point to do it, no goal, there is no common sense in it. Unless u wonna lower your performance to below decent level. Again, u can do this kind of checks, but there is no point. U need to use this abs in specific and proper moment that cant be predicted and built into a sequence. For those ppl who does not understand the way NB works/was used for and willing to listen i will tell. NB was used as a sequencer to lower the amount of buttons u need to press(and may be compensate bad designed mechanics, lags and delays, and things that r related to positional attacks), on top of that u could use several conditional checks. The most common and usefull conditional check was "Stack", and no one here was mentioning it in discussion. It was helping u to refresh your buffs and debuffs with making small rotations on one button. Another one is "Ability Channeled" was preventing from breaking your channel while it is inside the sequence(means not that frequently used). "Effect" - not sure(dont remember) if i could find any good use for it(BG crit tactic may be, but u can avoid using it actually, especially if it is buging from time to time when u r using it with a tactic effect check). "Carier mechanic"(not sure if it is written properly) - usefull for IB and BG(related to buffs and debuffs sequences), also u could use it for SM and BO to avoid useing PanB addon, may be WH/WE. "HP%" - May be for SH and SW for one ability(not reliable imo). "Archetype" - usefull for tanks to put aggro generating ab with npc check into sequence(u can try to use it for some specific debuffs like outgoing heal debuff/parry- block debuff, but again, its unreliable when inside sequence). "Has tactic" - reducing amount of buttons on few classes if switching builds often(means not that frequently used). "Virtual cooldown" - it's hard to find a use(SH/SW may be). "AP/HP" - there is no point to use pots in a sequence u r spaming, so no use. "Condition" - CC immunity and buff/debuff type checks, immunity checks were not used(read above why), as for buff/debuff checks, i dont remember if i could find any good use for it. There are some more, but i rly dont remeber now...

The most important part of NB is making sequences. And there is an issue with it(?). There are few(5?) abs that r being used from behind only, u can put it into a sequence and it will fire whenever its possible. And there is no conditional checks needed. Same story with Gut Ripper ab. Not sure if this 6 abs (2 spamable/4 with 10 sec cd) can make some significant impact on increasing the performance(imo u barely can use hit from behind abs in proper fights unless opponents being hard CC'd or u r chasing someone that exposing his back).

All this comes from experience of using NB from the very begining (even without gUI). And ofc from experince of playing AoR from begining till the end and RoR from begining(when EU prime time population was around 50 ppl) till now, and participating in every aspect of the game like pve, solo roaming, solo(rng) ranked, leading organized wb, being a part organized 6 man. But it does not mean i am not accepting that i can be wrong.

And im not trying to twist the words, spread fake/unproved information etc. Just saying something that can be checked whenever u want.
I'm not saying I'm against blocking NB by writing this wall of text, but that doesn't mean I'm in favor.
As far as it was a part of a game for eternity, blocking it should be debated at least(most likely inside the developers team). Imo ofc.
And the thing i personally dont like most is that NB blocking was not announced beforehand so majority of ppl could prepare for it and rebuild the UI's etc.

Tosher85

Post#178 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:27 am

Sry for double posting :D
Last edited by Tosher85 on Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Gyurza83

Post#179 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:34 am

I played aoe BW solo. I ran into a bunch of enemies and hit annihilation. Stupid NB cheaters were killing me before I could kill anyone. Now I play BW solo. I run into a bunch of enemies, I press annihilation and they also kill me. But this is only because these cheaters continue to use NB illegally. It is necessary to stop this!

wachlarz

Post#180 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:59 am

Gyurza83 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:34 am I played aoe BW solo. I ran into a bunch of enemies and hit annihilation. Stupid NB cheaters were killing me before I could kill anyone. Now I play BW solo. I run into a bunch of enemies, I press annihilation and they also kill me. But this is only because these cheaters continue to use NB illegally. It is necessary to stop this!
When they 100% remove Nb U will for sure solo kill Wb and survive. 😂