Recent Topics

Ads

Returning Player with a Question

Let's talk about... everything else
LoneGunner

Returning Player with a Question

Post#1 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:22 pm

So I played Warhammer Online 4 months after launch and then again for a month or two and then stopped, never came back untill I got bored and found this. Really Enjoying this return to a PvP Focused MMORPG.

Just a couple of simple questions really.

1. I'm loving my Marauder so I was trying to figure out which Order class would be the closet to the Marauder playstyle? I asked in Advice and openned a door lol

2. For Solo play should I just stick to my Marauder or are there better classes to pick from? I'm trying to convince my friend to come play this but I doubt I will.

3. What mods would be good for a solo player or at least what do y'all advice I download?

Thanks for answering the Questions.

Ads
Akalukz

Re: Returning Player with a Question

Post#2 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:47 pm

WL is pretty close to mara, without the true stance requirments. Both are good for solo. I would say you want Buffhead / Enemy / Tether

Honestly I would probably go with a premade UI like VinyUI or something, it is really clean and easy to use.
-= Agony =-

xpander
Community Management

Post#3 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:49 pm

1. White Lion probably, not exactly same, doesn't have stances but yeah.
2. Both classes are fine with solo, but this game is more focused on group or warband play balance wise.
3. Good starting point would be VinyUI i guess, then check what you really need and what you dont: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=6371
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Jildaz

Post#4 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:57 pm

Marauder has a unique playstyle with stance as a melee. Its very efficient groupwise and warbandwise (with no brain spec)
WL is nothing like marauder, you'll have a pet, more mobility, a bit more burst (but only against very squeashy targets) but less tools for group play.

If you to switch stance, you can play SW and spec it Melee but its not as fun as Mara.
Gwelthas : WL 86 The Eternal Host
Gwelthaz : IB 86 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Gweltaz : SL 83 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Ashitakah : SW 82 The Eternal Host

Gwelth : marauder 80
Gwelt : BG 81

Farrul

Post#5 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:12 pm

You can certainly have fun with a geared mara/wl solo but they are not top tier.

A little outdated but still useful general info(check post # 6)

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=38815

Akalukz

Post#6 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:13 pm

Jildaz wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:57 pm Marauder has a unique playstyle with stance as a melee. Its very efficient groupwise and warbandwise (with no brain spec)
WL is nothing like marauder, you'll have a pet, more mobility, a bit more burst (but only against very squeashy targets) but less tools for group play.

If you to switch stance, you can play SW and spec it Melee but its not as fun as Mara.
But can't really be effective as an Assualt SW until late game gear and spec
-= Agony =-

LoneGunner

Post#7 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:22 am

Thanks for the Info y'all its nice to see people giving help instead of ignoring or Trolling.

Also that UI is nice, helps a lot.

Though I guess with one more question then, Why so many BO's and Choppa's? Is it cause they are Really good in Group RVR or just solid classes atm?

Kinda hard for me to play a BO since we had a BO on my Server that would literally just stay mounted and watch everyone do keeps and act like he was "Commanding" lol