What is the best way to level up in this game? rvr and pve

Ads
Earthcake

Re: Best way to level up!

Post#2 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:35 am

Scottx125

Post#4 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:43 pm

Honestly PVE public quest grinding is the fastest way IMO. You can get to level 40 from what I remember in about 2-3 days hard grinding. Doing some SC's in between might improve your rank renown but it'll slow you down. I'd just do PVE, then do the public quest for the ruin set to give you decent gear to get into RVR/SC's at lvl 40.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

NSKaneda

Post#5 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:10 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:43 pm Honestly PVE public quest grinding is the fastest way IMO. You can get to level 40 from what I remember in about 2-3 days hard grinding. Doing some SC's in between might improve your rank renown but it'll slow you down. I'd just do PVE, then do the public quest for the ruin set to give you decent gear to get into RVR/SC's at lvl 40.

Follow this advice if you want to QQ for the next three weeks since you won't be able to wear any significant armour set, your weapons will be on the meh side and you'll miss mastery and renown points - less skills and worse stats. Not to mention you won't be able to fully use bolster bonus to your advantage. You'll end up in T4 frustrated and with hardly any impact.

Lvling up like a pro (new char, first time playing):

Enjoy T1. Do a bit of pve to get gear and to learn your class. Take your time. Once you arrive in a warcamp (you should be lvl5-6 at this point) do rvr and scenarios till you can wear decimator or braggart set, then do lairs for helm and weapons.
Join guild.

Mid tier: This is where renown grind starts. Do scenarios followed by scenarios and some more scenarios with rvr in between. The goal is to hit at least renown rank 45 before you hit lvl39 - this way you'll be able to wear conqueror set with rr45 scenario weapons as soon as you enter T4.
It's a good idea to use xp reduction scrolls (buy them at any quatermaster npc).
Every 5-6 levels go out on pve trip to learn your new skills in a controlled and predictable environment (good occasion to obtain Mayhem set and blue chapter inf reward weapons).

T4: Grind scenarios till you get enough emblems to buy Anathema and join warbands when premades dominate. Some dungeons for additional weapons / sets are a nice break from the war but not a necessity for most classes.
Renown pots help.

Lvling up like a pro (new char, long time playing the game):
T1-T4: scenarios coupled with xp reduction scrolls and rvr in between till you get to lvl36/rr50+

Level40 is not required to play the game since bolster bonus will help you as long as you keep your gear up to your level (and you need renown for that).

Take your time. Get to know your class. Rushing it will burn you out and more often then not you'll end up with skillbars full of unknown abilities.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Scottx125

Post#6 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:13 am

Spoiler:
NSKaneda wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:10 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:43 pm Honestly PVE public quest grinding is the fastest way IMO. You can get to level 40 from what I remember in about 2-3 days hard grinding. Doing some SC's in between might improve your rank renown but it'll slow you down. I'd just do PVE, then do the public quest for the ruin set to give you decent gear to get into RVR/SC's at lvl 40.

Follow this advice if you want to QQ for the next three weeks since you won't be able to wear any significant armour set, your weapons will be on the meh side and you'll miss mastery and renown points - less skills and worse stats. Not to mention you won't be able to fully use bolster bonus to your advantage. You'll end up in T4 frustrated and with hardly any impact.

Enjoy T1. Do a bit of pve to get gear and to learn your class. Take your time. Once you arrive in a warcamp (you should be lvl5-6 at this point) do rvr and scenarios till you can wear decimator or braggart set, then do lairs for helm and weapons.
Join guild.

Mid tier: This is where renown grind starts. Do scenarios followed by scenarios and some more scenarios with rvr in between. The goal is to hit at least renown rank 45 before you hit lvl39 - this way you'll be able to wear conqueror set with rr45 scenario weapons as soon as you enter T4.
It's a good idea to use xp reduction scrolls (buy them at any quatermaster npc).
Every 5-6 levels go out on pve trip to learn your new skills in a controlled and predictable environment (good occasion to obtain Mayhem set and blue chapter inf reward weapons).

T4: Grind scenarios till you get enough emblems to buy Anathema and join warbands when premades dominate. Some dungeons for additional weapons / sets are a nice break from the war but not a necessity for most classes.
Renown pots help.

T1-T4: scenarios coupled with xp reduction scrolls and rvr in between till you get to lvl36/rr50+

Level40 is not required to play the game since bolster bonus will help you as long as you keep your gear up to your level (and you need renown for that).

Take your time. Get to know your class. Rushing it will burn you out and more often then not you'll end up with skillbars full of unknown abilities.
I'm not knocking that point, but nobody said about leveling as a beginner. They just asked what's the best way to level up which is highly subjective, for me that means leveling up quickly enough whilst remaining effective at the end. And as I said, your RR will suffer. But you can still be effective at Lvl 40 with Ruin gear. Obviously you won't be as good as if you got lvl 40 and RR 40 at the same time, but then again there's little point leveling RR faster than your actual level because you don't get any level appropriate rewards as far as I remember if you're below level 40 (from what I remember I could be wrong so a correction might be needed, but even if that's the case, you might as well only hold back to get 40/40). One thing I would disagree with you in your post is that going into PvE is not a good place for a beginner to try skills for PvP. If you want to try skills for use in PvP, use them in PvP. Preferably scenarios as they're more controlled. People learn through failure in the right context, which is why you don't practice for PvP in PvE and visa versa. Now that's not saying some skills from one are not compatible with the other. But if you train in PvE specifically for PvP you're setting yourself up for failure (in the wrong context). It's best to just get stuck in, make your mistakes early on and learn from them.

In fact you can be level 40 with less than 40 renown with Ruin gear and still be effective in the right scenario. In my old WB Diogenes we ran a BW nuke group. We'd all be glass cannons, but when you have 5-10 BW with maxed crit spamming AOE attacks and burning overcharge it really doesn't matter what RR you are, you're still gonna melt in 5 seconds.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

NSKaneda

Post#7 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:46 am

Scottx125 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:13 am
Spoiler:
NSKaneda wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:10 pm

Join guild.

Renown pots help.

I'm not knocking that point, but nobody said about leveling as a beginner. They just asked what's the best way to level up which is highly subjective, for me that means leveling up quickly enough whilst remaining effective at the end. And as I said, your RR will suffer. But you can still be effective at Lvl 40 with Ruin gear. Obviously you won't be as good as if you got lvl 40 and RR 40 at the same time, but then again there's little point leveling RR faster than your actual level because you don't get any level appropriate rewards as far as I remember if you're below level 40 (from what I remember I could be wrong so a correction might be needed, but even if that's the case, you might as well only hold back to get 40/40). One thing I would disagree with you in your post is that going into PvE is not a good place for a beginner to try skills for PvP. If you want to try skills for use in PvP, use them in PvP. Preferably scenarios as they're more controlled. People learn through failure in the right context, which is why you don't practice for PvP in PvE and visa versa. Now that's not saying some skills from one are not compatible with the other. But if you train in PvE specifically for PvP you're setting yourself up for failure (in the wrong context). It's best to just get stuck in, make your mistakes early on and learn from them.

In fact you can be level 40 with less than 40 renown with Ruin gear and still be effective in the right scenario. In my old WB Diogenes we ran a BW nuke group. We'd all be glass cannons, but when you have 5-10 BW with maxed crit spamming AOE attacks and burning overcharge it really doesn't matter what RR you are, you're still gonna melt in 5 seconds.

Ruin gear is lvl35 tier 3 annihilator pve equivalent, not entry level T4 set (which would be Redeye). Sure, you can try to survive in it on tank but every other archetype will suffer. Not to mention you do get rank-appropriate rewards, bolster bonus N E E D S lvl-appropriate gear and pve gear 8 times out of 10 is sub-par to pvp sets.

Sure, you don't have to do it. Like you've written, you don't really focus on building your toon, just having fun - maybe that's why those 5-10 spamming BWs melt in 5 seconds. Alas, it's players choice how they level up and consequences of their choices will haunt them till rr65 (so next few weeks or months depending on chosen path). The point of rrank game is to be at least rr45 before lvl40 so you can wear T4 set as soon as you enter T4. That's all there is to it.

Ranking up in T4 with pve gear, without bolster, with little to no renown rank stats and missing mastery points is a nightmare I'm willing to face only once (years ago). Still, if it's fun for you - do it. It's the most important part ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Marchmain

Post#8 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:51 pm

Depending on what time of day you play there are some times when scenarios don't pop that frequently. And since I don't want to stand around and do nothing while waiting I grind PQ's so now I have fallen few levels behind in RR. I'll just do my best to suffer though it and catch up.

Ads