Melee bombing

Let's talk about... everything else
Collision

Re: Melee bombing

Post#41 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:12 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:17 pm
Collision wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:54 pm
Justina wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:39 pm
Git to da choppa is not just one ability because it does 4 things with 1 button press: aoe damage, pull, interrupt and 20% speed boost and there is no way to avoid it. Rampage you can disspell, pulls you basically cant avoid.
You can ST taunt, bump, ST/aoe pull, aoe/ST stagger or stun to stop GTDC it's not like it's hard to see the skill used by a Choppa...
You can’t interrupt the first pull bc it is instant. So if we’re talking 1v1 SW attempting to kite Choppa, Choppa can guarantee at least a couple gcd of melee before SW self-punts away. Then its a question of whether choppa snared and can catch SW before dying. Obviously gear and rr weigh heavily on who wins.
You have all the time (or you are already to close) to spam your self punts during the pull to launch it when you are landing to avoid a couple of gcd.

When you are pull you have your tank to follow you, with his guard and control or interrupt to stop GTDC from the choppa as the game isn't balanced for 1v1.

Ads
MMXX43

Post#42 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:21 am

starness88 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:03 am
MMXX43 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:00 am You tried !!!!!
Cmon dude that clealy your worst dodge ever. That's weak
There was nothing serious on that post......you listed a complete kit of destro potential rebranded it order and went for a generic overview. I will deduce you now.

"I will name some of them cause it will be too long and to write all abilities where no mirroring is in your favor (and i have no time for it).
( You will now name EFFECTS as ABILITIES )

Long range stun ( Destro has that. )
More raw damage, raw defense, raw healing ( Got it, super got it, got it )
Damage reduction ( Got it )
Undefendable damage ( Got it )
Self cleanse on bw ( laughable)
Crit chance reduction ( Pretty sure you got it )
Moral leech ( Got it )
AOe damage ( Super uber got it )

On the other hand you have .

Best punt in game ( BG )
Actual working 2h specs for tanks !!!
Non immunity triggering cc ( windblock )
Insane speed on 2 overstacked classes / racial of Orcs also OP )
3 working pulls ( Choppa has a triffecta , or maybe quadraeffecta, speed, damage, pull, interupt)
litterally every class possibly including the choppa is better than its Order counterpart for the below reason :
ACTUAL DEBUFF SYNERGY ! corp for corp debuff , spiritual magus / sorc debuff, elemental debuff for elemental damage dealers ( shammies , AM puddle debuffs initiave )
Also magus pandemonium is the new BHA

Again, dogding is one thing, having someone cocky while been oblivious to basic stuff and thus deserving nothing more than contempt is another.

P.S : I liked how you pre built your dogde narrative 1 post above this so you can exponentiate your destro biased angst.

Good read.

madrocks
Suspended

Post#43 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:28 am

Order biased remains Order biased.
Lutz

MMXX43

Post#44 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:34 am

madrocks wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:28 am Order biased remains Order biased.
Oh for sure , and i also play a dok and a witch but I will remain order biased .
I hate to be the "I pLAy BoTh ReAlMs" kinda guy that is biased and doesnt admit it or pretends he is not, so counterproductive

agemennon675

Post#45 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:34 am

starness88 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:56 am
MMXX43 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:34 am Name something else besides rampage, it is so nice to see you struggling by the skin of your teeth to prevent mirroring ( except when it is only on the destro way like BO cd red.) cause you know what you will up against ;) oh no it gives free immunities !!!! EVERY choppa on CD.
What really was unecessary little zergling was the inclusion of the cd red on BO on RoR.
Get used to the nerfs, more coming ;)

You tried ! 1/5 gold stars btw.
Hello litlle order biased boy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will name some of them cause it will be too long and to write all abilities where no mirroring is in your favor (and i have no time for it).

Long range stun
More raw damage, raw defense, raw healing
Damage reduction
Undefendable damage
Self cleanse on bw
Crit chance reduction
Moral leech
AOe damage

Yeap destro has more CC but a CC trigger an immune so when one dude is CCed other unique destro cc are unavailable.

Oh i know how it work on the forum. When someone post something that won't trigger a confirmation bias you will dodge ;) But you're right on a point. We will still be nerf cause order people are too trash to win city and sc with their godlike abilities.
Raw defense ???????? (Lots of question marks) Also didnt know that aoe dmg was order exclusive thanks for the heads up there, morale drain have destro mirror, ccb reduction ? Spoiler(Force of Fury ?????? New Chosen tactic -%10 entire group ??) I mean I understand when rampage is brought up and I agree its op but pls at least try to learn stuff about both realms advantages before trying to compare things.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

starness88

Post#46 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:41 am

agemennon675 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:34 am Raw defense ???????? (Lots of question marks) Also didnt know that aoe dmg was order exclusive thanks for the heads up there, morale drain have destro mirror, ccb reduction ? Spoiler(Force of Fury ?????? New Chosen tactic -%10 entire group ??) I mean I understand when rampage is brought up and I agree its op but pls at least try to learn stuff about both realms advantages before trying to compare things.
IB can give 25% parry tax free
SM has Raking Talon wich can reduce 20% damage.

Choosen tactic is on a crit, that mean the choosen have to crit, that mean he have to build up offensively. So this is trash.

And yeap order has more aoe damage than destro.

Justina

Post#47 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:02 am

Can you please stay on topic. It is about melee bombing, not a general balance discussion.

Both sides can do melee bombing and city combat is basically melee bombing only. You either go with slayers and WLs or choppas and maras. Yes, in orvr zerging I give choppas and maras the upper hand but the core problem remains the same - which is: melee aoe blobbing is dominating the game and is actually stronger than the BW bombing used to be. Maybe they cannot kill as fast but they are tougher and have better tools to survive.

Im asking again: Should melees have 40ft range abilities? I think that's what should be adjusted first because with their large range they are making the real ranged dps classes obsolete and that is exactly what we are seeing. Nobody needs a BW, engi or SW in city anymore.

Sundowner

Post#48 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:24 am

Justina wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:02 am Can you please stay on topic. It is about melee bombing, not a general balance discussion.

Both sides can do melee bombing and city combat is basically melee bombing only. You either go with slayers and WLs or choppas and maras. Yes, in orvr zerging I give choppas and maras the upper hand but the core problem remains the same - which is: melee aoe blobbing is dominating the game and is actually stronger than the BW bombing used to be. Maybe they cannot kill as fast but they are tougher and have better tools to survive.

Im asking again: Should melees have 40ft range abilities? I think that's what should be adjusted first because with their large range they are making the real ranged dps classes obsolete and that is exactly what we are seeing. Nobody needs a BW, engi or SW in city anymore.
Most melee abilities are 25-30 ft, only 40 ft are slayer/choppa aoe dots, no?

Melee meta is caused by several things now and devs last approach to it (nerfing pounce/leap range, as if melee meta was stomping ranged by WL/squigs leaping :D ) so I think devs will do that again, but their change will result in making ranged stronger in solo content and melee will remain stronger in organized/largescale.

Ads
Justina

Post#49 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:43 am

Sundowner wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:24 am
Justina wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:02 am Can you please stay on topic. It is about melee bombing, not a general balance discussion.

Melee meta is caused by several things now and devs last approach to it (nerfing pounce/leap range, as if melee meta was stomping ranged by WL/squigs leaping :D ) so I think devs will do that again, but their change will result in making ranged stronger in solo content and melee will remain stronger in organized/largescale.
It's different. Don't know if the values in the builder are correct but melees hitting me ingame from really far.

Looks like that Git to da choppa and dot is 40ft, Crimson Death of the BG is also 40ft. Mara seems 30ft.

I mean if you look at it realistically a melee should have max 5ft range, which would be 1.5m. Ingame they have 40ft range which is 12m! and they are hitting everything in that 12m frontal cone.

Another thing is the WE/WH moral 2 with instant aoe damage. They are hitting everything in front for up to 65ft. That is also way too good for the best single target classes in the game.

Sundowner

Post#50 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:49 am

Justina wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:43 am
Sundowner wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:24 am

It's different. Don't know if the values in the builder are correct but melees hitting me ingame from really far.

Looks like that Git to da choppa and dot is 40ft, Crimson Death of the BG is also 40ft. Mara seems 30ft.

I mean if you look at it realistically a melee should have max 5ft range, which would be 1.5m. Ingame they have 40ft range which is 12m! and they can hit everything in that 12m frontal cone.
mara/wl are 25 fr (slash) and 30 (wrecking ball and wl spin to win). tank aoe abilities are more of debuffs than dmg tho. yeah maybe extended range is caused by outdated tooltip/errors in formulas/lag etc.

5ft would not be good approach tho, even now with 25/30 ft melee aoe can be managed with good positioning and movement to avoid concentrated dmg and enabling healers to heal through. I think some other adjustment are needed to bring rdps in the meta tho.