Recent Topics

Ads

I'm lost and frustrated - Tiers

Let's talk about... everything else
necrolord666

I'm lost and frustrated - Tiers

Post#1 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:22 pm

Hi!
Joined 2-3 days ago, went through tier1, which was an absolute smash, i loved it very much, now i reached 16rr and had to tier2.

So... i deal zero dmg, their bars don't move, everyone just autoattack kills me, going solo for orvr is a suicide, white lion pet just looks at me and i'm dead,
everyone seems to be 40 and i'm farmed.

I feel like a fifth wheel for my teammates, trying my best, guarding healers, in t1 i was already rocking tables (coming from wow high ranking arenas, i love to compete)

What should i do? how can i improve with my gear now to stand a chance vs those players?
Spoiler:

Ads
Kaelang

Re: I'm lost and frustrated - Tiers

Post#2 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:27 pm

necrolord666 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:22 pm Hi!
Joined 2-3 days ago, went through tier1, which was an absolute smash, i loved it very much, now i reached 16rr and had to tier2.

So... i deal zero dmg, their bars don't move, everyone just autoattack kills me, going solo for orvr is a suicide, white lion pet just looks at me and i'm dead,
everyone seems to be 40 and i'm farmed.

I feel like a fifth wheel for my teammates, trying my best, guarding healers, in t1 i was already rocking tables (coming from wow high ranking arenas, i love to compete)
Spoiler:
Your role is to guard your team whilst they run over the other team. T1 really isn't a good base to determine the rest of the game, due to bolster some classes are ridiculously strong whereas others are not. Then the tables turn into T2/T3/T4.

If your mindset is that a level 17 Choppa should be able to rampage over level 40's / 30's etc - then you're mindset is wrong. You're a baby fish in an ocean of geared sharks. It's time to buckle down, start guarding your carries and work as a team to get the W instead of trying to solo carry.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Phantasm

Post#3 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:31 pm

Welcome to tier 2 - 4 merged into one tier. Its harsh enviroment for newbies without ranks, skills, gear etc. What can I tell you? Be patient, get into a guild that can provide advice on specing, group to roll with - try find bigger guild at least while you learn and lvlup to get you a protection in RvR.
Good option is to roam in lakes with pug WB to get familiar with game mechanics and farm scenarios (find people in /5 channel for less frustrated pug experience) on weekends while there is event scenario with increased exp/renown income.
Last edited by Phantasm on Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asherdoom

Post#4 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:32 pm

because make tier 2 and 3 and separate t4 is too main stream. You must feed level 40 somehow no? :)

necrolord666

Post#5 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:34 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:27 pm If your mindset is that a level 17 Choppa should be able to rampage over level 40's / 30's etc - then you're mindset is wrong.
my mindset is - why am i even matched vs players who outgear me by a mile, shouldn't i be in a coresponding bracket, like lvl 16-26 or something like that?

Phantasm

Post#6 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:36 pm

Spoiler:
necrolord666 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:34 pm
Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:27 pm If your mindset is that a level 17 Choppa should be able to rampage over level 40's / 30's etc - then you're mindset is wrong.
my mindset is - why am i even matched vs players who outgear me by a mile, shouldn't i be in a coresponding bracket, like lvl 16-26 or something like that?
Population issues. Before merge tier 2-3 were ghost towns without any action.

Kaelang

Post#7 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:52 pm

As above mentioned - bolster is there to attempt to bridge the gap. If there was no bolster the gear difference would be even more influential.

The population doesn't support multiple brackets so it's more beneficial to group people and apply a bolster.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:00 pm

You the black orc?

What I see from that screenshot alone:

You use 2h, right? Drop it and pick shield.
I don't know your gear but you should wear keeper set from mini city dungeon, called sacellum.
You should use at least green talismans in all slots.

Your party got 4 tanks, other 2 groups were lacking tanks. It's hard when nobody else listens but try to fix groups before sc starts, if will increase chances of winning.

To analyze what you could improve individually, I would have to watch you playing.
Dying is no option.

Ads
merfp27

Post#9 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:02 pm

@OP
Have you figured out how the gear works?
RVR and SC’s will earn you medals. Use those medals to upgrade your gear. You have to meet the LVL and the RR req. to equip them. You can buy the set gloves and boots off the AH, so check before you spend your medals.
For the weapons you will have to do SC’s.

Don’t forget to socket talismans. Just buy greens one from the AH. They’re dirt cheap.

There’s accessory and armor vendors close to the set vendors where you can buy jewelry, belts, cloaks, helm, and shoulders. Once you reach higher ranks the sets will start including shoulders, helmets and eventually belts.
Last edited by merfp27 on Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#10 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:05 pm

Hey,

I want to add this little guide about the bolster: viewtopic.php?f=113&t=37442