A shadow warrior with a lower rating than I thought.

Let's talk about... everything else
CountTalabecland

Re: A shadow warrior with a lower rating than I thought.

Post#11 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:16 pm

"Demolition," is what should happen to this post.

To put the OP's argument in sum, "SW all OP, Order too strong, Pls Nerf, Destro perfect and downtrodden underdog."

Nobody on Order takes SW intentionally first pick into city warbands. Even then, maybe 1.

SW is really strong when you play destro apparently, then you play Order and nobody wants those low DPS Legloas wannabes. hmmmmmm, wonder why this is happening?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#12 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:19 pm

Arthem wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:13 am Never before have I seen such genocide of pugs caused by a single ability, the horrific Broadhead arrow aoe spam. If anyone stopped to look at the damage on a single tick of this ability they could see its outta control. Why are we being tortured so severely and how long must we wait as we see heroes of destruction leave the game week after week? Do you not know it stacks with other damage? For example if two SW's hit the same target the abilities of both SW's are damaging the same target? I'm done until SW's are fixed and I hope other people will do the same. Removing BHA from ASW was a good step but its not enough, it should be removed completely from all stances.
You ever seen this thing that happens to pugs on Order called GTDC? Odd that it isBHA that made you quit but you were cool with GTDC eating pug Orderlings like a human lawnmower.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

jalidan

Post#13 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:42 pm

You ever seen this thing that happens to pugs on Order called GTDC? Odd that it isBHA that made you quit but you were cool with GTDC eating pug Orderlings like a human lawnmower. +1

Atropik

Post#14 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:57 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:19 pm You ever seen this thing that happens to pugs on Order called GTDC? Odd that it isBHA that made you quit but you were cool with GTDC eating pug Orderlings like a human lawnmower.
Log your destro healer if you have one, join pug wb and come to destro fort defence, feel the pain. Once i did, switched buffhead to "show all" and had my client instantly crushed.
Nicelook | Obey

agemennon675

Post#15 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:51 am

Atropik wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:57 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:19 pm You ever seen this thing that happens to pugs on Order called GTDC? Odd that it isBHA that made you quit but you were cool with GTDC eating pug Orderlings like a human lawnmower.
Log your destro healer if you have one, join pug wb and come to destro fort defence, feel the pain. Once i did, switched buffhead to "show all" and had my client instantly crushed.
Not commenting for the balance topic or anything but stop joining pug warbands while entire realm spamming /5 looking for more players in organised warbands, pug warbands are like the worse enviroment you can find in a fort. I’ve seen leaders couldnt find a single tank or healer while we had 5 full open warbands than entire chat gets filled with tears about BHA which used to be RoF stacking even tho it didnt even stack. People dont know what kills them they only complain. tldr join organised warbands and enhance your gameplay experience discord is not boogyman
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

oaliaen

Post#16 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:23 am

Just make BHA same as Napalm/Rain of Fire

teiloh

Post#17 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:49 pm

Caduceus wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:34 am SW being a class with superior mobility, range, debuffing and no backlash/rage mechanic should not do top DPS in organized city instances. Yet, they do.

There's no real explanation for why this is ok.
The same player on a Magus or Engineer would do more pressure/AOE damage, BW/Sorc will generally beat both in DBs.

teiloh

Post#18 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:52 pm

dadlyj wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:05 am Hi, I'm going to talk about shadow warriors today.

A long time ago, shadow warriors and MSH were patched.

Thanks to that, both classes have become much better professions than ever before.

I'd like to talk about aoedps.

The msh covers both ST and Aoe in close combat.

Shadow warriors have excellent close combat sts and can cause aoe damage from a distance.

As the other player has already pointed out, there is no overlap of 3 broadhead arrows, 25% armor penetration, and no cool-down.
This triplet can be maintained forever.

And because of the 25% armor penetration effect, it's very serious damage.
While maintaining, "whirling pin" guarantees higher viability in cities than bw/socc/magus/engi.

Besides, the falme arrow also causes constant pain due to rapid damage.
Barrage deletes 100 morals with damage with instant effects every 5 seconds.

This applies very favorably because the long-range aoidps of the destruction side do not have this moral deletion long-range aoe damage capability. On the other hand, deleting Bo's moral pump was somewhat possible by adding shadow warriors in the city. Devi deleted this by order users' claim.

Eventually, the demolition camp has shrunk since the bo patch (most of them have moved to other jobs or orders or left the game).

Indeed, the ability of the Aoe Shadow Warrior demonstrates its power in battle these days. In recent years, the demolition camp has won very few battles in the fortress, so it has to use Moral to enter the Lord Room, but thanks to the barrage, Moral is increasing at a slower pace, and Moral is deleted from the timing to be used.
The situation is commonplace. Of course, the broadhead arrow, which penetrates the 25% defence, is also painful.

The 25% armor penetration effect is ST-based, and the shadow warrior triple-broadhead arrow and 25% armor penetration are terrifying.

Everyone is hush and playing in order. Indeed, it is not difficult for an elite shadow warrior to achieve first place in order in the city.

It is not known how much longer the current situation of unilaterally being pushed back by the demolition camp will last.
This is just a laundry list type of argument. More effective would be logs of the ability's behavior and expected damage per tier of DPS bonus.

I'm hearing reports that BHA AOE is ignoring the 2nd defense check. If so, this is a big deal.

Personally, I never liked the idea of BHA stacking as a general balance change as it can be tedious, but that's something to save for Part 2 fix proposal.

Ads