Recent Topics

Ads

mmr everywhere

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
ufthakk
Suspended

mmr everywhere

Post#1 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:18 am

Whats the reason to put mmr everywhere? Is it just cause u can or to encourage toxic behave ?

Ads
Asherdoom

Re: mmr everywhere

Post#2 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:22 am

ufthakk wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:18 am Whats the reason to put mmr everywhere? Is it just cause u can or to encourage toxic behave ?
depends what mmr means. maybe better matchmaking in scenarios i believe?

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#3 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:37 am

Dont think that makes sense for regular scs or city.
Would be fine for ranked if we have a larger player pool.

Kaelang

Post#4 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:00 pm

The city and regular SC MMR number is just a number to work on building. It has no impact on your queues but can be a method to encourage some competition in games instead of simply rolling over.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

wonshot

Post#5 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:42 pm

It is still so odd to me to call it "mmr" when it stands for matchmaking rating, but yet it is shown without helping matchmaking :D

just call it winrate or Elo :P
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Kaelang

Post#6 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:45 pm

wonshot wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:42 pm It is still so odd to me to call it "mmr" when it stands for matchmaking rating, but yet it is shown without helping matchmaking :D

just call it winrate or Elo :P
Yeah I wrote ELO first but changed it after re reading the patch notes. But essentially yeah it’s just a rating at this point.

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Asherdoom

Post#7 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:29 pm

so basically, if I understood, is a useless element added randomly?

MedV

Post#8 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:38 pm

All this encourages is people to stop queing if they look like they will keep losing instead of building momentum.

Devs I beg you to stop catering to the Elite players you most likely have the most contact with. I understand you guys arent friends with the casual player as they log in a couple hours a day, but every change of late seems to be like the elites are controlling you like puppets. This coming from a player who loves ranked and plays around 8 hours a day.
The King.

Ads
ufthakk
Suspended

Post#9 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:42 pm

MedV wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:38 pm All this encourages is people to stop queing if they look like they will keep losing instead of building momentum.

Devs I beg you to stop catering to the Elite players you most likely have the most contact with. I understand you guys arent friends with the casual player as they log in a couple hours a day, but every change of late seems to be like the elites are controlling you like puppets. This coming from a player who loves ranked and plays around 8 hours a day.
Agreed. If u scare solo players off there will be less pops. Specially in summertime.

Kaelang

Post#10 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:44 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:29 pm so basically, if I understood, is a useless element added randomly?
Useless to you? maybe. But some people like having something to work on. Just because a feature doesn't directly influence your individual game experience doesn't mean it's useless.
MedV wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:38 pm All this encourages is people to stop queing if they look like they will keep losing instead of building momentum.

We aren't catering to an elite. We aren't 'not friends with the casual player'. We aren't being 'controlled like puppets'. We literally added a number to a scoreboard. There's no vendetta or conspiracy.
ufthakk wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:42 pm Agreed. If u scare solo players off there will be less pops. Specially in summertime.
If people are 'scared off' over quite literally a number on a scoreboard - I really don't know what to say.